Longjumps - The wider the harder?
on cg_brick there is just no single point on the other side of the lj you can focus at, so its harder to jump a straight line imo.
I think its because its a lot harder to get a really good prestrafe on wide blocks because you try to compensate for the width of the block so you make your prestrafe pretty wide which slows down your speed. So thats why its harder for me to do wide ljs instead of narrow ones.
Wider lj blocks make you think you need to make your prestrafe wider and you lose speed and can't make as long a jump.
That's why kzno_longjumps > all
yepyep!
I think that wima has the answare :)
Yes, + the teleporters..
imo the teleports don't matter .. just psycological.
It seems like everything made sense when Z0ck3rOO7 mentioned that the teleporters makes it harder to strafe. For me.
just psycological
but when u have a teleporter between the lj stones its harder because...
http://www.abload.de/img/unbenanntiwm.jpg
omg insen i took like 4 monutes just to understand what your picture shows... then i read the text and... nice told.. and easy to understand.. xD
Hmm.. So you have to make very good (maybe many) strafes, then duck early and land while at normal longjumps it would be more strafing and less ducking?
I think i have to go with Soul and whoever spoke about teh straight line on this one. It both makes sense imo, if you have blocks you can easily see where the "straight line" would be as you would jump on one corner, and land on the other, which you can't if there is no corner.
Soul's logic is also sound. When you jump on a small block, you run and strafe and a specific point (or time) and then go to the very edge.
I recently did the 245 on kz_longjumps (with the teleporter) and i managed that one pretty fast. The next day i tried the "normal" 245 and spent a long time before i made it. So i doubt the teleporters have something to do with it. (unless the "ground" is fake and makes it more like a HJ). However, my 245 over the teleporter might have been a fluke.
I doubt we'll be any closer to a real answer before someone does a series of testing of the "teleporter" jump. Then we might now :-)
E
Nicely said Insen, didn't think that teleports actually effected the jump until your illustration. Well, the LJ wouldn't really be effected if the jump is like 20 units high because your "legs" won't really come into contact with the jump until the very very last moments when you regulary duck when your lj'ing without a teleporter. So, ya...
I think i have to go with Soul and whoever spoke about teh straight line on this one. It both makes sense imo, if you have blocks you can easily see where the "straight line" would be as you would jump on one corner, and land on the other, which you can't if there is no corner.
Soul's logic is also sound. When you jump on a small block, you run and strafe and a specific point (or time) and then go to the very edge.
I recently did the 245 on kz_longjumps (with the teleporter) and i managed that one pretty fast. The next day i tried the "normal" 245 and spent a long time before i made it. So i doubt the teleporters have something to do with it. (unless the "ground" is fake and makes it more like a HJ). However, my 245 over the teleporter might have been a fluke.
I doubt we'll be any closer to a real answer before someone does a series of testing of the "teleporter" jump. Then we might now :-)
E
You don't have any bad longjump days? Your skill is the
exact same as yesterday? Well, if that's the case, I can't explain that. But I have those days, where it feels like my skills has just left me. That could be the reason why you failed more at the normal 245. But I have MUCH more trouble with that 245 with teleporter, than the normal 245. And that is anytime. I still believe in that the teleporters makes them harder.
To what puppetz says, it sorta proves what Insen said, so I do believe that it is proven that teleports make it harder to lj.
someone said that the teleporters makes it harder to strafe, so the lj's become harder...
Yes, possibly if the teleports are too close to the player, if you don't duck too early, you go to the teleport.
EDIT: Didn't read Insen's post :P
[ Edited Sun May 27 2007, 08:48AM ]
Please log in to post replies.