kz_unnamed.. (KZMOD)
Looking good s0liD, ur maps are always nice (both jumping and looks)
Why are u guys complaining about the 1.6 textures and stuff, even if its textures to 1.6 it still look ALOT better in kzmod and just because u can use displacements u dont have to (sometime it looks better without)
Gonna install kzmod when I get home from work (pm u later for beta-testing if u let me =D)
don'T be so bullish solid-.-
you wanted to get opinions and criticism and you got it. noone makes your map bad...it's just that the guys think you don't use the new opportunities...
TOTALLY agree
why not to read our opinions, think and make a better maps ?
btw. a canyon can have some cave...
if your map is longer, it's not a probleme...
[ Edited Tue May 22 2007, 04:47PM ]
frei ofcourse i accept ur critism.. i like it that u just dont say.. it looks bad.. or I DONT LIKE IT.. thats cool... and i never said its finished :).. so now its the stage when im adding details and fixing the lightning.. i never said thats the final light in the map :).. and im not bullshitguys... im real :D
And the map is pretty long maybe it doesnt look long but i think 8 mins on a good run atm.. it just looks small
ATM im changing textures and adding displacements on the wall + floor .. maybe it is weird but i wanted to make another type of mapping jumps first then looks..
thx for ur time frei hehe
[ Edited Tue May 22 2007, 07:02PM ]
FFS ITS CALLED LIGHTING NOT LIGHTNING FFS
greetz to soul|ftw
hahaha heiss...
let him do whatever he likes ftw
ahah !!
kzmod or cs1.6 maps ? xD
Maybe xtreme-jumps could officializ your map...
I love your humour
no no but REALLY !!! Look your map ! really
climb ? under than 3min
textures ? oO 1.6 textures export in kzmod ?
lightning ? 1 light_environnement ?
so, I will say what I think
Create a REAL atmosphere with some lightning, rendering and a THEME
example : why not make torch with sprite, light, sound, models ?
why not use other textures ? and PLEASE the scale (on x and y) doesn't exceed 1.00...
why not alpha texture ?
modeling : why not make a displacement ? make new jumps (with kzmod, I think you could create a new concept of jumps)
why not some models ? you are on source engine... You can import them
why not a real canyon ? stop the 1.6 technique on source...
On your Overview , why did you use sand for the smaller room ?
why in your 4 rooms, we have the walls and at center a block or a tree ?
CHANGE !!!
Create your OWN style...
<3<3<3 Frei.
IMO this map simply sucks..
th HL2 engine pwns but u dont use it !
make 1.6 or HL2 map but no 1.6 map style for HL2, it sucks
Hmm, HL2 style for 1.6, oh yes. :-D
Well looks good, but you could have made better pictures, because if your map has "models etc." why didn't you show them?
[ Edited 06/24/07 - 12:25:00 ]
This is just the type of boring uncreative map i despise.. and though i haven't even tried kzmod I must agree it sounds kind of bad idea porting the old 1.6 style to hl2. :<
liquidi u dont know shit about KZMOD and ffs this map is trashed so get it over
Yeh like I already said in my post I don't know a shit about kzmod .. just telling my opinion how the map looks :)
first off all get some informations about kzmod and then post some shit about it ^^
If you didn't notice, S0lid was tryin to make a damn tribute to 1.6, so it should look oldschool. Ya, kzmod is 10 times greater than 1.6, that doesn't mean anything if the mapper choses not to add them to his choice. Bah.
Ok maybe I don't have enough information to comment about porting 1.6 to kzmod but I can still say how the map looks ;)
Please log in to post replies.