-freq or not?
Yo :D
Which of you guys play with -freq xxx in launch options?
I play with it sometimes, sometimes not. The difference I experience is that with -freq it's much more fun to play, and I climb better and have much more good looking strafes. Although with -freq dissabled I can jump ~249 on block much much more often then when I jump lj's with -freq enabled.
Oh well, chat a little about the big advantages with -freq enabled/dissabled and post if you play with it or not :D
*
If anyone wonders how to initialize this, here's a quick guide:
* start steam
* switch to the games windows
* right click on counter-strike and choose properties
* press the 'set launch options' button that appears
* type: -freq xxx (where x equals a integer > 0, for example -freq 100)
kk :D
[ Edited ]
I didn't know how to turn of vsync in the beginning so i've used it ever since that :D
Atm im playing with -freq 100 and vsync off, few months ago im used refreshock, but no difference between refr.lock and freq (same resul: 100 Hz)
Used to use reforce, but it crashes some games so now I use -freq 85 (monitor max is 85hz)
[ Edited 09/24/07 - 18:43:49 ]
Used to use reforce, but it crashes some games so now I use -freq 85 (monitor max is 85hz)
I also use -freq 85 since that's max for my monitor aswell :X but the difference between 85hz and 100 wouldn't be too big i guess:D
for kz -freq 100 monitor 100 hz , vsync off
for cs : -freq 120 , monitor 120, windows rez: 640x480, ingame resolution 640x480, refresh lock, vsync off :) etc.
i should try it, because i never used it and maybe i get some better experiences with it! ^^
i think u will akkord:D i like it much better
ye fo shizzle knofear
i don't use -freq :o
i don't use -freq :o
It's not always necessary... if you have v-sync disabled and 100 fps ingame then -freq 100 won't change anything.
But if you have v-sync off and still have 75 fps ingame -freq 100 might fix it, I think :D
hehe dunno. i have no experience with -freq
i have my 99.9x avg fps on nearly all maps so :)
what is that -freq ? :confused: :D
what is that -freq ? :confused: :D
try it:D go to lanch options for counter-strike and add the line (-freq 100 or 85 or whatever is maximum for ur monitor:D)
its a huge difference. i have 100 fps with and without -freq activated but the difference is like that with it activated u actually get more frames, without it u get less frames:D also ur gameplay changes alot cause of it:D
if u got freq 60, and your net_graph says that fps is 100, it's the same like you had 60 fps
Originally posted by colixwhat is that -freq ? :confused: :D
try it:D go to lanch options for counter-strike and add the line (-freq 100 or 85 or whatever is maximum for ur monitor:D)
its a huge difference. i have 100 fps with and without -freq activated but the difference is like that with it activated u actually get more frames, without it u get less frames:D also ur gameplay changes alot cause of it:D
Where do you see what's max? :rolleyes:
Originally posted by KNiFEHAiROriginally posted by colixwhat is that -freq ? :confused: :D
try it:D go to lanch options for counter-strike and add the line (-freq 100 or 85 or whatever is maximum for ur monitor:D)
its a huge difference. i have 100 fps with and without -freq activated but the difference is like that with it activated u actually get more frames, without it u get less frames:D also ur gameplay changes alot cause of it:D
Where do you see what's max? :rolleyes:
thats the second question what i wanted to ask ;)
( the max freq for my monitor :confused:
right click on desktop>properties>settings>advanced>monitor> screen refresh rate> and there u see the max freq that ur monitor supports for the resolution u use.
hope u understand xD
Ah, thank you very much! I'll turn back in this thread and write if I feel difference and stuff.
Dunno what freq is :D
Please log in to post replies.