FATAL ERROR, corruo_h

Started by hose
24/09/2007 11:11
Page 1 of 2
hose24/09/2007 11:11

HiHo!

Didn't exactly know where to write so i did it right here.

So..everytime I try to load kz_a2_bhop_corruo_h on my dedicated server [plugIns: XJ KZ Pack] I get this Fatal Error Message

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fatalerroruf5.jpg

I hope you can help me.

trb24/09/2007 11:17


If you have any precache problems the reasons might be:

* You have custom playermodels that precaches.

* You have a climbscript that precaches things like sound, models or sprites.

* You have custom sounds on your server that precaches.

If that is the case then try the map on your server with no plugins, custom sounds or player models and it will probably work fine.

readme.txt of the zip file of corruo_h


maybe this helps

hose24/09/2007 11:40(edited 20/09/2010 10:37)

hm..strange..all other maps work but not this.. and I don't have custom playermodels or a climbscript... I just downloadet the maps and put them in my dedicated server folder...
and when I start the map as Lan server it works...
[ Edited 09/24/07 - 11:41:28 ]

FragMcCracken mapper24/09/2007 12:40

does the easy version work ?

ndR moviemaker Tournament #224/09/2007 12:50

Same error for me, easy version works well.
Puppy told me that's maybe cuz of XJ plugin ^^

hose24/09/2007 13:05

yep, easy version works well

Shizuka mapper24/09/2007 16:29(edited 20/09/2010 10:37)

There is a slight difference in entitys between hard and easy. The plugin you are using are most likely precaching something and causing the map to crash.

If you would have bothered to read the read me file included in the .rar file you might have figured that out yourself.

We have tested the map on dedicated servers with adminmod and amxx and prokreedz and both hard and easy works fine on both servers.
[ Edited 09/24/07 - 16:30:05 ]

Fatalis24/09/2007 18:20(edited 20/09/2010 10:37)


All mappers should set aside at least 32 precaches for plugins and such. Whats the point if no one can play? But then again, most of you mappers are fucking stupid, please follow this if you're cool:

1. 32 spawns, don't you want alot of people to play your map?
2. No more than 480 precaches (32 set aside for plugins, check with server command mcache and ignore ones with !R in it)
3. No huge water brushes, causes low fps on most machines
4. No tree models and such, causes low fps on most machines
5. CHECK FPS BEFORE RELEASING, IF MOST PEOPLE DON'T GET 100FPS IN ALL AREAS, YOU SIR HAVE A BAD MAP
6. Never use uppercase in your filenames
7. Include .res files! Keep in mind resgen isn't perfect, if you have custom models that have textures not compiled in it, make sure you add it to the res, resgen doesn't do this. Example: ham.mdl and hamt.mdl. hamt.mdl contains ham.mdl's textures. This problem is on the sonic map, causes client to crash :D.



[ Edited 09/24/07 - 18:32:19 ]

JohnnyB mapper24/09/2007 18:54

+1

SadPuppy mapper24/09/2007 19:53

Mr Fatalis... :!

I have done a lot of research on mapping and I have never seen it mentioned that a mapper should set aside precaches for plugins. Even if I had seen it mentioned I would ask why? Is it so a plugin can use some fancy skins for example? How can mappers know this unless someone tells them? Are you a guru on this? :confused:

I assume you are not referring to me as one of the "fucking stupid mappers" since I tend to get fucking irritated by such an accusation... :mad:

HOWEVER, you seem to know stuff about this...which is more than most other people seem to...so let's address the concerns.

1) Speaking for Corruo, 16 limit was to save ents and we decided 16 players stuck on certain places would be enough :))

2) Precaches...had no idea how to check this..just tried this and I got a very long list with entries like *242 and plenty with !R in them. I tried increasing the buffer size and type it again but I still can't see the start of the list.

Could you perhaps tell me how to pipe the output to a textfile from a console or something?

Could you explain a little about the list and if possible how we can control what is to be precached? I think I read that sound files are precached normally but one can exclude them by typing a ! before the path or something? I haven't been able to verify it though.

If we as mappers can control this, it is of utmost importance that we gain the knowledge to do it ofcourse.

3) Using func_illusionary with contents water works well, instead of using 'real' water.. (you get no waves though)

4) Ahhh.... models :D We love models! :))

5) WE CHECK FPS SIR! AS DO MOST OF OUR BETATESTERS!

6) *nod*

7) Amen to that. And, very good point about modeltextures! Been there and crashed that.
Btw, we also include a readme textfile, map textfile and lgsl images :)

Somewhere down the line we may post all the secrets and how to's as well....assuming I get the new server up and running...cough... :rolleyes:

Could you please elaborate on precaches etc?

Fatalis24/09/2007 20:57(edited 20/09/2010 10:37)

I wasn't really bashing you, or the other guy. Just mad in general and wish the map releases were better. I hate adding spawn points and res files for EVERY MAP that is released, and double check for missing models, etc.

2: http://kzmonkeys.net/fatalis/flash/mcache/mcache.html
5: cg_islands has bad fps from the water(no, not just me, nearly everyone in kzm had fluctuating fps from 70-100.
[ Edited 09/24/07 - 21:03:02 ]

SadPuppy mapper24/09/2007 21:18

I know ;)

Anyway, can we control what is being precached? And do you know anything about not precaching sounds?

dEMolite mapper24/09/2007 22:37

i think the entity limits should be choosen from the mappers which limits they want in the map.

hose11/10/2007 07:09

@Shizuka
When you tested on amxx...why doesn't it work with my amxx?

fuzzerd11/10/2007 11:41

doesn't work on my listen server with no mods. (except axn but I don't think that really counts)

ndR moviemaker Tournament #211/10/2007 12:45(edited 20/09/2010 10:38)

You must only keep "metamod" folder in .../cstrike/addons/ and it will work FuzZerd.
[ Edited 10/11/07 - 12:45:45 ]

.FLIPSYDE11/10/2007 14:51

are you really too stupid to post a direct imageshack image link?!...

Z0ck3rOO711/10/2007 16:39

are you really too stupid to care about that?

fuzzerd12/10/2007 00:24(edited 20/09/2010 10:38)

thats where my "metamod" folder is ndr.

edit: nevermind I know what you mean now, thats gay I didn't think axn did anything at all unless you turned it on.
[ Edited 10/12/07 - 00:29:14 ]

Volsfootball12/10/2007 22:39

@fatalis, Why does tree models decrease fps...I love the tree models in maps but I just dont see how they reduce fps

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.