Guys, guys, guys top5?!

02/11/2007 00:11
Page 1 of 2
Scary Tournament #202/11/2007 00:11

Hello and welcome to my 4rd thread, usually my threads gets overs-posted, so I hope this one will get the same effect.

I just saw the thread "top5 kzer's" and I saw a lot of answers, it was a good thread compared to a lot of other threads, and this one hitted the spot.

Well first of all, let me tell you all something about myself. I have been inactive in apx. 4 years, I'm member 477 on this site, I've been writing the weekly in 1½ year. When I started jumping the top legend was Helferlein, when he had birthday Xtreme-jumps wrote a "congratulation-newsflash" about him, so I can without doubt say that I am one of the true oldschoolers around here, few may remember when I was at top 4 at XJ demos.

Well....

Summing up, I've read the thread "top5 kz'ers", and experienced a lot of people, probably jumpers, choosing tarGet as their number 1.

Now let's have a flashback, tarGet came into this site in a very wierd time. We had T3dbundy, a0ke, Fikon, Kimo and tarGet in top 5. Now what happened from here? Hey I know, T3d and A0ke went inactive. Target was now against fikon, kimo, a0ke, micron, loty and me, as the biggest competeters for a place on the faboules top 5. Now tarGet kept beating Kimo and fikon, which somehow managed kimo to go inactive (placed one, with over 20 demos over tarGet), and fikon lately to follow up. So we had one champion, against a lot of newbies on the record list (me, loty, Micron, DHT and ndR).

So tarGet is alone against a lot of newcomers, and here tarGets primetime really shines through, he makes the most incredible demos, STILL following in Kimos and fikons footsteps. When Fikon decides to make a big release beating t3d, a0ke, me, loty and target. Now what happens from here, some months passes, and target hits number 1, when suddenly faker decides to go inactive (60% of the readers might have been here in this period) when fikon's and faker's big argument and discussion get's boosted up by a lot of spammers teasing them to defend them self, which resulted in a weigth battle, who have done most for the whole community, ofcourse faker won this battle, faker goes right beyond Kreedz without doubt, so FikoN get's scared away from this community, and goes by the secret nick "Spork" at some random/lan servers. So tarGet have his period in 2 months, when ndR, zhady and donakos strikes through and beat the "unbeatable" demos, then target chooses to go inactive and we now have some new kings, zhady and ndR takes top1-2 fast. Very fast. And then after 1 year tarGet releases an amazing demo, kzno_extremeblock, which really boosted his reputation, then t3d decides to come back and show what is possible, and beats it. This is here where zhady shows himself as the probably best player in the world and beats that record with 5 seconds!!

Since then, nothing have been shown from tarGet. So really HOW COME THAT YOU CHOOSE TARGET AS NUMBER 1, I want to hear some people argue for their choices.


No doubt tarGet was a really good player, probably one of the best ever, but if you argue for him being number 1, I wanna hear you argue for that opinion.

My top 5:

1: zhady
2: T3dbundy
3: a0ke
4: FikoN
5: ndR/Target (/bibo)

EDIT**

I changed t3dbundy with zhady
[ Edited ]

Murvelman02/11/2007 00:24

I suppose it's because you don't hear anything from him, and then woosh out of nowhere he strikes with an uber demo and the wow-effect lasts very long (even if the demo gets beaten) so everybody says he is the best because they remember these moments.....or something like that, im tired xD

puppetz mapper02/11/2007 00:38

I haven't been here back when tarGet was really active, so I can only judge from the demos I have from him today. If you check the date of most of his demos, you'll see that they are from 2006 most of them, back when he was active. And he still got some records left which I really doubt anyone would touch.

When you watch tarGet's records, you feel so comfortable, he has got "the style", the control, the knowledge of the maps he plays. He's got all the package. I've NEVER seen anyone just be a little bit close to his speed.
There's probably something in what Murvelman says about the suddenly demoreleases, but I just think that's a little part of why people choose tarGet as their favourite climber.
If tarGet wanted to do it, he could beat all +1 min existing records. Noone higher than tarGet, in my opinion.

P.S. my best argument would be "just watch a few demos of tarGet".

Love your threads scary :D

peerat02/11/2007 00:47

there is no sense in threads like this. you cant compare the old guys withe the new guys coz kz has changend a lot since I they were playin'. when i started xj was german only and nowadys its a big international community.

My top5:
1. seak
2. nippo
3. marik
4. elex
5. me

ndR moviemaker Tournament #202/11/2007 01:20

Hahahaha I remember when we were hunting tarGet's demos with donakos, that was really cool because we were so proud!

"We will show to the world that we're there us too!"

That was our objective :>

There are so many things to tell about the kz world and the Xtreme-Jumps history, all of you newcommers cannot even imagine! :D

Good thread scary.

I won't explain my top5, otherwise I'm gonna start an unstopable war :D

Have fun.

BooLiSH02/11/2007 02:10

Hm...
lol scary... weird text, but interesting

First thing i thought about was:

and goes by the secret nick "Spork" at some random/lan servers.

scary

Didn't we have this lately :D ?


I also agree with Murvelman and PuppetZ in what they say.
Many of targets demos got beaten..but his demos always have something special, he has a very nice style, fast and smooth.
The best example was probably the xtremeblock demo, although it has been beaten twice, but also his very last demo the cmp_college: loty had a nice run, but tarGet can beat it by 1min..wtf? Also think about StatueOfLiberty and Valleyclimb...
All demos were good and hard to beat, still he masters it bravely :up:

This is what makes him special for many ppl...


The current No1's for me are zhady (just look @ the last release...) and ndR (Great style and he, somehow, can do everything)
I don't say target or tedbundy, because i think it's not senseful to say about inactive jumpers to be the number one.

There should be a Top5 for the present and another toplist
for "the jumpers of kreedz history", where you can list guys like kimo, fikon, helferlein and so on...

Sry, shitty text, i'm a bit drunk :(
Gn8


Edit:
target -> Last visited site 08/26/07 - 17:43:48

He's really inactive ;) ;)

[ Edited 11/02/07 - 02:18:18 ]

Tafatt02/11/2007 02:13

Back like two years there where not this style we see today by the pros like zhady ndr brian etc although target was very close to that (futuristic style). Target had a much faster and cooler style than the other pros back then. Even a0ke was very impressed by targets fast style read his comment here.
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/comment.php?comment.news.384

I always thought his demos where much prettier than his rivals. Although by today many of targets demos have been beaten and you may think he is not worthy of top 5 placement today but if overall pro over the years could be taken in to consideration I think he is definitely a top 5 jumper.

Helferlein had many demos back when kz where relatively new but the demos where slow and had mistakes in them very often so he is not remembered as legendary pro for me (quantity over quality).

clair mapper02/11/2007 09:30

when i first saw this thread i was thinking, "why would scary post another useless top5 thread?" now i see why you posted. to be honest i think when i posted in the "top kz players" thread i had tarGet in the top3, mostly because his demos stick out to me. he may be inactive now, but when he makes demos, he makes great demos. i think he is worthy of the top5, maybe not the best jumper there is, but one of.

i'd have to agree that his style is entertaining. the only thing i can say to see whether or not he can still keep up, is try to get him active again. i'd like to see today's tarGet, but not just in one or two maps, but overall. sure he beat xtremeblock, but that IS just one map. i'd rather see some more out of this kz pro before i make a final opinion.

boom.dll02/11/2007 09:35

when i first saw this thread i was thinking, "why would scary post another useless top5 thread?" now i see why you posted. to be honest i think when i posted in the "top kz players" thread i had tarGet in the top3, mostly because his demos stick out to me. he may be inactive now, but when he makes demos, he makes great demos. i think he is worthy of the top5, maybe not the best jumper there is, but one of.

i'd have to agree that his style is entertaining. the only thing i can say to see whether or not he can still keep up, is try to get him active again. i'd like to see today's tarGet, but not just in one or two maps, but overall. sure he beat xtremeblock, but that IS just one map. i'd rather see some more out of this kz pro before i make a final opinion.

clair


omg i agree with u clair 100%! :up:

the thing is target is very fast, at least, his ea_highblock demo... each time i watch that demo i`m just simply amazed at what he can do... he has a sexy style...it`s like he`s dancing when he moves through a map, and i saw that thing only in ndR since then. so i would say he`s not THE BEST player in the world, but he sure as hell deserves to be in the top 3 players! :!

tracey blast mapper02/11/2007 11:02(edited 22/10/2010 16:30)

. XD

Scary Tournament #202/11/2007 12:28

But is he really faster than todays ndR or zhady?

Was he even faster than a0ke? He bhopped more, but I really don't think he was faster. I think over the history the two people with the fastest micro has to be FikoN or a0ke, then tarGet/kimo/ndR/zhady.

Would tarGet be able to beat T3dbundY in hard maps?

(It might bery well seem that I don't like Target, but that's not true, he sure is one of my favourites too, but I wouldn't rank him as the best)

Scary Tournament #202/11/2007 12:29

Btw. Thanks for all you answers so far, they've been great to read.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #202/11/2007 13:08

There is a question you have to ask yourselves...

What does "be the best" in kz mean?

Is it about performance?
Is it about style?
Is it about constancy?

Every person has his definition, and that's why all these top5 are different.

As I said previously, I won't tell and explain my top5, but it's based on my definition:

"A good climber is a person who seldom falls, who is able to climb on all kinds of map, who is good in all the aspects of kz (not perforce the best)."

Sure I love the style in demos, that's the most important thing in my opinion, but well, it doesn't make a jumper good or bad!
You can't judge a jumper only for his demos.
Just look at loty's demos! He has a fucking style, he isn't slow but he isn't uber fast neither.

I saw many "pr0-Jumpers" (or people called "pr0-Jumpers") who were really bad in cup.
How can somebody be "pr0-Jumper" if he can't even play on the maps he doesn't have record on? (I hope this sentence is understandable :P)

I don't rank people according to what they're capable to do, otherwise I would rank me as first...
And everybody could rank everybody as first :>

To conclude, this "demos world top5" doesn't reflect at all the reality. Everybody has his opinion, unfortunately people often choose their 5 best jumpers because they like/know them.

This "demos world top5" isn't the highest level to reach for a jumper, after that, you have to get respect from all the community (or almost all the community, at least :p) and that's like something impossible :D

GL & HF people!


//edit:

It`s like he`s dancing when he moves through a map, and i saw that thing only in ndR since then.

boom.dll


He was my model ;)
These dancing moves, I often heard them from many people, and I take it as a compliment ^^

I jump like the Hip-Hop rhythm ;D
[ Edited 11/02/07 - 13:18:41 ]

KNiFEAR02/11/2007 14:12

T3dBundy _IS_ the best (or he's inactive now, unless he's playing only at his listen server, but ron told me he took a break so i guess that's true).
why alot of people like target is proboably cause he had (have) some really nice demos, and his _playstyle_ is really nice imo:D and also, his attitude and personality is cool:D
but target quited now recently cause school started again and stuff happend irl or so:D i dont really remember but he says kz is boring now:D

anyways this shit is real: t3d = #1:D good in ljs, king at kz maps (any type of map), good at cj, bhoplj etc etc:D

1. t3d
2. zhady
3. tarGet
4. niconen, bibo, ndr, z0ckerOO7 etc etc:D

Scary Tournament #213/11/2007 08:13

KNiFEAR do you still think t3d is the best after zhady's release?

NiconeN13/11/2007 09:34

I agree with KnIfEhAiR^^^^___`` T3dbundy is the #1 jumper no matter what happens :D

for players who are inactive its hard for them to change their opinions about who's the best because they are not spending all their time reading this site and so on.

I cant call myself an oldschool player but i've been in this community for over 2 years and that's pretty much.

Why I think t3d is the best?

-he broke the lj wr uhmmmm 3 times?
-his demos are ENJOYABLE to watch (I heard a rumour that soul|ftw wanks when he watches them)
-he's been in this community pretty fucking long time and he was inventing the prestrafe stuff and so on, so it's like he's been "cleaning the road" for new jumpers, for me, too.
-he's a POSITIVE person always when I've talked with him
-and last and the most important, as someone have said: its not the speed, time, but the STYLE, his style is just A M A Z I NG!

I never watch demos but:

2. tarGet
3. zhady
4. brian
5. ndr

And for scary, I wont argue for my opinions :) I hope you understood something I explained 'bout t3d.


KNiFEAR13/11/2007 09:54

I agree with KnIfEhAiR^^^^___`` T3dbundy is the #1 jumper no matter what happens :D

for players who are inactive its hard for them to change their opinions about who's the best because they are not spending all their time reading this site and so on.

I cant call myself an oldschool player but i've been in this community for over 2 years and that's pretty much.

Why I think t3d is the best?

-he broke the lj wr uhmmmm 3 times?
-his demos are ENJOYABLE to watch (I heard a rumour that soul|ftw wanks when he watches them)
-he's been in this community pretty fucking long time and he was inventing the prestrafe stuff and so on, so it's like he's been "cleaning the road" for new jumpers, for me, too.
-he's a POSITIVE person always when I've talked with him
-and last and the most important, as someone have said: its not the speed, time, but the STYLE, his style is just A M A Z I NG!

I never watch demos but:

2. tarGet
3. zhady
4. brian
5. ndr

And for scary, I wont argue for my opinions :) I hope you understood something I explained 'bout t3d.


NiconeN


ahah thanks niconen for writing this, now i don't have to do it:D as you wrote in the end of ur post, it's about style, and i REALLY love t3d's style:D
ofc, i like zhady's style too..i like many players's style.
the ones i like the most are these:
1. t3d
2. niconen
3. loty
4. target, bibo, zhady, ndr etc etc:D

well, my opinion is the same as niconen's, so re-read his post if you want to know my opinion:D

DooMiX13/11/2007 11:13

scary whats your problem for the one is T3dBundy better for the other is zhady better

for me is T3dBundy better and im agree with NiconeN and KNiFEHAiR
T3dBundys style is the best

zhady plays over 1 year without a break if T3dBundy plays so he becomes unstoppable (not all have the time to play a so long time so please dont write he can play too one year but he dont do this)

eMTi13/11/2007 14:51

agree doomix! zhady has been active for so long now, but he's still a young player.. he's got all the time in the world to practise and record, but this doesnt mean he's got to be nr. 4 or something in a top5 list!! ATM he defenetly is the best kz player this community has to offer. no matter what map you take, he can beat it easily.

let me begin this way:
different people have different oppinions about what kz is. some say longjumps is most important, other say bhop, climb skill or whatever. I say climbing, because it is much harder to record a whole map then to record a single jump. for me speed matters. of course if there's a jumper who can lj like hell, climb like chased by lion and bhop like roger rabbit, this would be a very good or even the best kz player (FOR ME).

i joined xj when t3dbundy had left it, therefor i cant tell much about guys like finkon, aoke and all those oldsschoolers (exept from movies). I dont know if they would be a competition if they would be active today.

of course i've seen the remaining demos of them but, you never know if they could beat those uber hard times we have today. new maps: no problem. but on the older ones?

so far for me, zhady has really earned himself the title as the best kz player ever. he doesnt show skills alone, its dedication. I dont know how this guy can keep himself motivated after all he has achived. i can only repeat my self when i say that there is no map at this time that zhady couldnt beat if he wants to.

im sure t3d would be about his skill level if he was still active, but he isnt, that why i say:

1. zhady
2. t3dbundy
3. ndr (also one of those who can beat any map, but not as crazy as zhady or t3d, nevermind ;D)
4. zocker/brian (zocker best bhoper ever, brian=always hard to beat.. cellblock demo...)
5. bibo (able to perform the hardest shortcuts one can imagine, longjump legend, amazing trickjumper)

hope you could all follow and understand what i mean ;)

note: i didnt take those into the list that were active when i wasnt here.. so nevermind, i know that guys like loty, donakos and many others were/are very skilled, too.

[ Edited 11/13/07 - 14:54:36 ]

boom.dll13/11/2007 17:23

well i kinda agree with emti. i came here after t3d got inactive, so i can`t say that i know so many things about him, but... while i was still getting used to playing kz, everyone talked about t3d the god (the inactive god :P ), even tho there was a dude who pwnd records each and every single release! (zhady ofc) and he did that in such a matter that everyone`s comment was: GJ, omg, or zhady insane! the thing is that once time passed zhady got bigger and better ! t3d was still inactive, so at that time, i think no one could have taken a record from zhady... but then there was the famous comeback of t3d. He pwnd a couple of maps (xtremeblock, coldbhop, junglebhop, etc...) and went inactive again. at that time i had about 6 months of kz, and as i know t3d was inactive for about 1 year (or something like that...) I was absolutely astonished by his demos! a man who is inactive for a year comes back and pwns some of the most unlikely pwnable maps(hope this word exists xD) Xtremeblock was incredibly fast, even tho he made mistakes, he still beated target`s demo! Everyone`s reaction to his comeback made zhady`s fame shrink (sort of speak...) i mean he came back, pwnd some recs and he was the king again... that`s not really fair...
zhady was an awesome opponent even when t3d came back.
when he had that xtreme release, for me it was final! ZHADY IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

so my top would be like this:
1. zhady (he confirmed that he can pwn any map)
2. t3d (i like his style much more, but the fact that he`s inactive, made me place him second...sry)
3. target (because he could have been as best as t3d or zhady, or maybe even better)
4. ndR (i like how he dances when he moves through a map :P)

imo, kz has to do with talent, passion, and most important.. practice! :!

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.