A invisible error?

Started by makeee
13/11/2007 14:27
Page 1 of 2
makeee13/11/2007 14:27

Hi, I'm doing a b-hop map, and when I'm trying to complie the map with batch complier it wont work. I'm going to tell whats happens more in detail.
1. I start batch complier.
2. I choose the map in batch complier.
3. I press on the run button.
4. I wait 1h
5. Counter-Strike starts.
6. When it starting to load it wont load the whole loading meter, it will only load to the half then Counter-Strike shutts down.

I had a problem with Max Patches before, but now I don't have it anymore.
Can it be Max Patches that sabotages it again?, but the error "Max Patches" don't show up on the compile window.
But the only error I have when I press Alt + P in the editor is "There is no player start", and I can't place a info_player_start in a bunnyhop map :/ so what is the problem?

(And there is ont even one error in the compile window)

colix mapper13/11/2007 14:46

can't place a info_player_start in a bunnyhop map :/

makeee

why? :O

i guess u dont have no wad textures ticked in batxh options :/

[ Edited 11/13/07 - 14:46:39 ]

makeee13/11/2007 15:08

Because then I have a Ct with all the T's and thats not good in a bhop map ^^. Everyone are only going to attack the Ct instead of jumping...

Pf0llz0r mapper13/11/2007 15:14

Because then I have a Ct with all the T's and thats not good in a bhop map ^^. Everyone are only going to attack the Ct instead of jumping...

makeee


ehm u should use ct's :P

makeee13/11/2007 15:31

does it matter? :P

dEMolite mapper13/11/2007 16:41

info_player_start = CT Start

and are you using selfmade textures?

makeee13/11/2007 16:46

Yes I'm using self made textures. Why do you wonder?, can it be some problem there?

dEMolite mapper13/11/2007 17:35

what is the largest texture from you in pixels?

clair mapper13/11/2007 18:28

its recommended that you dont use larger than 256x256. also, at least one info_player_start is required to play a map, so i think thats why ct's are used for kz.

dEMolite mapper13/11/2007 18:32

you can use 512x512 too but all textures larger then 700pixel will crash the hlengine.

makeee13/11/2007 20:00

I don't think the textures and the info_player_start is the real problem here, but I can try it. I'm going to compile it over the night.

dEMolite mapper13/11/2007 20:07

But the only error I have when I press Alt + P in the editor is "There is no player start", and I can't place a info_player_start in a bunnyhop map :/ so what is the problem?

(And there is ont even one error in the compile window)

makeee


You can set a info_player_start. Because a info_player_start is a CT spawn point

makeee13/11/2007 20:13

Yes I know that, But have you ever played a kz or a bunnyhop map?, then you will see that its only one sort of team on the map eather CS't or T's.

Mehz13/11/2007 20:17

Its ALWAYS Ct's.

makeee13/11/2007 20:22

Same thing, It's going to be the same error now when I change every info_player_deathmatch to info_player_start but inverse, instead of the message" You don't have any info_player_start" it's going to say "You don't have any info_player_deathmatch"
[ Edited 11/13/07 - 20:22:28 ]

dEMolite mapper13/11/2007 20:43

Yes I know that, But have you ever played a kz or a bunnyhop map?, then you will see that its only one sort of team on the map eather CS't or T's.

makeee


I made serveral maps, so inform you first.
If you get the problem that info_player_deathmatch is missing then you have a false fgd or your hammer is out of date or you setup your hammer wrong.
Because i only get info_player_start missing.
If i put then a info_player_deathmatch in it, the problem is the exist because no info_player_start is in the map. So put only a info_player_start in because it is only for the ct team.
If Hammer/Worldcraft is saying that the info_player_deathmatch is missing ingore it because it will works fine without them, too.

The problem that cstrike will automatical quit after loading without an error is that your selfmade texture is to large(mostly over 700pixels).

makeee13/11/2007 20:58

the largest picture in my wad is 256 x 256 can that possible be too big?

dEMolite mapper13/11/2007 21:13

mh not really. because they arent above 700.

clair mapper13/11/2007 22:19

if you have above 256 when compiling it gives you a warning for all textures that are, but its not a real problem.

makeee14/11/2007 07:31

Same problem after I changed the info_player_deathmatch to info_player_start, it loads to the half then it goes back to the menu.

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.