A question about nation

Started by faorlando
29/11/2007 04:59
Page 1 of 2
faorlando29/11/2007 04:59

I'm a chinese,and when I was viewing the record ranking,I'm surprised to found that Netherland and China owns the same amount of demos,but why China was placed latter(I mean No.7 but
not like the Netherland be placed as the same as Netherland )
What's more,why there is a country called TAIWAN??????????????? :mad: Are you sure that it became a country?
7D is a member of SiMen community and I will contact with SiMen checking out whether 7D belongs to China or so called"TAIWAN"
I hope that someone could recorrect these mistakes.

Mehz29/11/2007 09:49

Because the site would get distorted if China and Netherlands were placed next to eachother, and I think most people see that they have the same amount of demos or whatever. No big deal imo.

For your second question, I'm pretty sure Taiwan is its own country.
[ Edited 11/29/07 - 09:49:34 ]

PopiT29/11/2007 10:01

The first question i think Mehz is right about, whatever Taiwan is a country or not i don't know.. If you search taiwan on wikipedia you come to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China , im not so good about countrys and republics and stuff :P Ill let someone else answer it.
[ Edited 11/29/07 - 10:02:04 ]

ndR moviemaker Tournament #229/11/2007 10:38

Normally, Taiwan isn't a country.

It isn't recognized by the United Nations :/

cocacola29/11/2007 10:43

lol,word ndR.
Taiwan is only a province of China

Simen.0027``29/11/2007 10:51

7D come from :
greater china region :)

Dragon29/11/2007 11:25

I just can't stop laughing on how chinese people are angry when someone takes Taiwan as an independent country.. Is it the pseudopatriotism you were learned from the childhood that makes you mad, or just the thought of a small, separated island sized 36000 km² craving for its own government, being cut off from your 9.6 mil. km² area ?

shako29/11/2007 12:15

Dragon That's because they dont see the wolrd like us

remember they have a Authoritarian rule! not a democracy

Mehz29/11/2007 12:23

oh I was wrong then ^^

Sorry about that

ichirou29/11/2007 14:17

I just can't stop laughing on how chinese people are angry when someone takes Taiwan as an independent country.. Is it the pseudopatriotism you were learned from the childhood that makes you mad, or just the thought of a small, separated island sized 36000 km² craving for its own government, being cut off from your 9.6 mil. km² area ?

Dragon


Kinda my thoughts too...

Anyways, as it says on wiki; Taiwan is not an independent country, they want to be but China won't let them be independent... for reasons unknown to me.

Although if 7D wants to have the Taiwan flag instead of the China flag it doesn't really matter since it doesn't change the fact that it is still China.

Maybe it's comparable to someone from Wales having the the flag of Wales instead of Great Britains flag... well not really the same but comparable atleast ^^.

fantecy29/11/2007 15:45

Taiwan just a city of China~~~!!
Not a country!
:mad:

[ Edited 11/29/07 - 16:28:12 ]

Fliborecord holder Tournament #229/11/2007 16:09

Yeah... probably Taiwan should be combined to China. But by the way, isn't there Taiwanese people? I mean, they live in China, but are Taiwanese :O

clair mapper29/11/2007 17:55

if taiwan is not an independant country, then the chinese flag should probably be used.
i mean, that's kind of like if i had a record demo and wanted to use this flag:
http://www.kameda-lab.org/private/flags/img/california.jpg
just because i am from California, within the U.S.


here's an interesting article about whether taiwan should be considered a country or not:
http://geography.about.com/od/politicalgeography/a/taiwancountry.htm
it seems as though the only reason it is not a country is because china says it cant be..
[ Edited 11/29/07 - 17:58:39 ]

Ewoud29/11/2007 18:03

tarGet > all (including taiwan or whatever)

clair mapper29/11/2007 18:12

ewoud what does that have to do with the thread... tarGet is french, isnt he?

Pulsar!29/11/2007 18:55

tarGet > all (including taiwan or whatever)

Ewoud

Sorry, are u idiot ?

btw: on euro2008 and WC2010 England, Wales and Scotland plays like independent countryes, but in KZ there is only Great Britan.. GB is not a country, it is a union of countryes.

[ Edited 11/29/07 - 18:59:54 ]

Arokh29/11/2007 19:49

Taiwan is trying to become their own country but China refuses it, which is why you would see products labled "Made in Taiwan" and "Made in RoC" .. I think Taiwan should stay the way it is here, because it pays respect to the people who want to be considered seperate from China.

Pulsar!29/11/2007 20:04

No. It is not an indepentent country official, so it can be an independent country in KZ.

clair mapper29/11/2007 20:09

i believe it was changed to the taiwan flag because that was the way that 7D wanted it to be. it all depends on the jumper i suppose, since the question is so borderline.

ichirou29/11/2007 20:49

i believe it was changed to the taiwan flag because that was the way that 7D wanted it to be.

clair

I remember something about that too, don't know where I read that tho, must've been a newspost :)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.