Noob-Average Awp_rooftop jumps

Started by wRath` mapper
11/12/2007 19:46
Page 1 of 2
wRath` mapper11/12/2007 19:46

I'm pretty new to strafing and stuff like that. I can do the LJ on awp_rooftops though.
I wondered if someone could show me more noob to average jumps on the map? I play HnS and it would be real great to know some more jumps than I do.

Pictures and videos works fine.

wRath` mapper11/12/2007 20:19

If you know some easy-average trickjumps in De_Dust2, Nuke or Inferno, that will be great too.

Fluxey11/12/2007 20:45

well there are countless, just search the forums and you will find everything you need thats for sure.. u can also try to find some jumps yourself, then you also find your current limits.

wRath` mapper11/12/2007 21:09

Hmm.. Thanks for replying, but I've tried to find something around here, but mostly there are just some really hard jumps. Maybe it's because everybody here's extreme, as the name of the site suggests =)

clair mapper11/12/2007 21:41

yay for double post.
[ Edited 12/11/07 - 21:42:43 ]

clair mapper11/12/2007 21:42

there are probably old jumps really far back in the forums (just guessing) from back when there were no omguberwtf longjumpers and strafers

DRUNKEN MASTER11/12/2007 22:09

watch some movies and try this jumps

Murvelman11/12/2007 23:13

there are probably old jumps really far back in the forums (just guessing) from back when there were no omguberwtf longjumpers and strafers

clair

Those are long gone now :D
The forum has been cleaned a couple of times i think.

NumB12/12/2007 00:34

I can record an jumpbug demo there (@ awp_rooftop), but dunno is jb challange ez-average. =P

[ Edited 12/12/07 - 01:58:59 ]

lalevUl12/12/2007 01:46

Drake not to kill your confidence, but LJ on rooftops is like 225 tops :/ Just spec people when u play noobtops sry meant rooftops and you will see alot of jumps.

DRUNKEN MASTER12/12/2007 02:31

yeah jb is very easy numb ...
script kid <3
[ Edited 12/12/07 - 02:34:58 ]

Arokh12/12/2007 09:01

Drake not to kill your confidence, but LJ on rooftops is like 225 tops :/

lalle`


I think he's well aware of that, this isn't a post he made to show-off, it's a post asking people about jumps that may be easy enough for him to do. He knows he's a newb to jumping and you telling him that is just being redundant and un-helpful. Shut up. :P

Drake: For starters just try the nuke jump (roof to rock). Try jumping around onto the ladder in vertigo, and jumping around the wall behind the machinery on the same map. Try jumping to the box under the wood overhang at the bomb site on inferno.

Maybe try the jump from the railing to the box at the bomb site in cbble (this one is harder though)

A trick you can do on assault is on the containers, on top of the blue one jump off of it and try and catch the ladder on the other containers to keep from taking damage. It's a good trick to use for juking. (on the topic of ladders, just try a whole bunch of different combos with them, ladders are great for juking.)

Other then that just try jumping things, even if it won't help in HNS. Just look for things you can jump from and to, the more you can think like that, the easier it will be to find more useful jumps. (And making quick decisions or seeing un-intended jumps if your playing on an HNS server like KZM's)

Hope that helped some :)


[ Edited 12/12/07 - 09:02:56 ]

wRath` mapper12/12/2007 15:18

Thanks for the help Arokh! Really helpful post!

I've already done the roof to rock with strafing and bhopping. I'll try the vertigo stuff. The Inferno thing I've also done. I've tried the Cbble thing, but haven't made it yet.

Thanks for the tips. And it's not only for Hns, I love to try new jumps on different maps.

I checked my Bhop LJ and LJ and my record is: 236 LJ and 225 Bhop.

lalevUl12/12/2007 15:25

haha arokh, he said: I can do LJ tough.
Like thats the kind of jumps he can do. I just told him that LJ isnt that hard.. so first of all, he should spec people to find ez/avarage jumps.. when he can pull them of he may ask for harder jumps.. imo. Shut up :)

wRath` mapper12/12/2007 15:30

I didn't say it to brag. And I don't think it's hard.

wRath` mapper12/12/2007 15:43

I made the two Vertigo jumps too..

wRath` mapper12/12/2007 16:03

Do you guys know of any easy LJ/KZ-maps, that's not like the kz_longjumps map. Or some good maps to find trickjumps?

Dragon12/12/2007 16:05

n1 triple post :D another advice for drake : there's an edit button.

wRath` mapper12/12/2007 16:26

I know.. I knew someone would say that :D sorry

wRath` mapper23/12/2007 01:28(edited 23/12/2007 01:29)

These are some of the jumps I've made so far:

1. http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3692/rooftops1zx3.jpg
2. http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9584/rooftops2oh5.jpg
3. http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1131/rooftops3dg6.jpg
4. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2572/rooftops4yc7.jpg
5. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6017/rooftops5oq9.jpg
6. http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9121/rooftops6bm8.jpg

What do you guys think? My LJ rec on LJ stats is now 241, I do 240's very rarely.

-- Damn, I had to remake this post, because of the hacking-incident.

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.