Something different

Started by skitz mapper
15/02/2008 01:36
Page 2 of 2
puppetz mapper16/02/2008 23:25

Ok I played the map now, took me about half an hour to finish, but I had to skip the 224 hj (too hard!!) and a jump that was too small in width to be able to stand on. The first part was average, but then it became harder, much harder. I liked many of the jumps, even though some of them are incredibly small. Can't believe you made such alternative jumps 3 years ago. I like the lighting, style and such things. Definatly NOT "nocheckable" :D

raver mapper17/02/2008 02:19

@ pupetz, you can even stand on a 1*1 unit block

puppetz mapper17/02/2008 02:26(edited 17/02/2008 02:26)

There was two walls at each side, which made it impossible to stand between, look at my pic.

omilo18/02/2008 11:04

I usually don't like maps with small jumps. But this one had nice jumps. Some bad balance though, some jumps were much harder then most of the jumps. Fix those and get better lighting(much brighter) and better textures and it could become kz_ i think.

skitz mapper18/02/2008 19:32

Thanks, omilo!

Considering I suck at jumping, I don't know exactly which jumps need to be changed as I'd like the overall map difficulty to remain reasonably high. Also, I wouldn't want to release it as KZ, but rather a custom map.

omilo18/02/2008 23:56(edited 19/02/2008 00:00)

Try to fix the lighting and textures first..then i can test the map again and tell you wich jumps I think is to hard. Right now it's really hard for me to see where the jumps are so it would be easier with a brighter map :)
Also i found some nice SC's :) Dunno if you know about them but here they are:
SC1
SC2

skitz mapper19/02/2008 03:22

Haha, I had made a few shortcuts in the map intentionally, except with those jumps, they were easier originally (enough that I could do them). I made them harder (hard enough that I couldn't do them) so I left them, but since I suck I'm not a good way of determining jump difficulties.

Thanks for the info!
Also, I posted these ages ago, but I'm gonna post them again. These are screen shots from another map I was working on ages ago (and proof that I can make a good looking map), but never finished. If I can get this map finished and hopefully released, this is the next map I have planned to do get towards a release.
skitz_aztec
skitz_aztec
skitz_aztec

rinkon mapper19/02/2008 07:10(edited 26/07/2015 00:09)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

DaMp mapper19/02/2008 12:10

make more things with the walls they doesn't look much detailed

skitz mapper22/02/2008 21:41(edited 22/02/2008 21:41)

I've been working on my map on and off for the past few days, and with the help of LOLLY, the map has improved quite a bit.

I uploaded the new version for anyone who is interested:
skitz_block

The box part is only very new and incomplete.

omilo23/02/2008 04:32

Looks much better...nice job. Just a few lightbugs here and there and some new sc's: First bhop this, then jump up on that. Then we have a this one.
Then there is some smaller ones like all maps but all in all...looks much better and the jumps feel better to :)

Fliborecord holder Tournament #223/02/2008 11:36

I liked this map because it's newbish :) I usually get a good feeling when jumping oldschool maps, which I think is because they are so ugly, but jumps are just superb. Didn't really like the jumps though because they were so hard and kinda unbalanced :E

Judah23/02/2008 12:20

I liked the map aswell - The update, haven' tryed the first one you posted. But I have to agree with Flibo, that the jumps are unbalanced. Else I would say it's a very nice map, good fps, good jumps etc. Just some more details, fix the bugs, balance the jumps and try post it here again :).

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.