skitz_aztec

Started by skitz mapper
25/02/2008 20:21
Page 1 of 2
skitz mapper25/02/2008 20:21(edited 25/02/2008 20:24)

There comes a point in every mappers career, at which they make their own spin off of the famous destruction map, formerly on the war map rotation (sob), known only as, aztec.

Each and every spin off claims to be the very best one, such is the case for mine also. In it's current state, the map is 'easy', with a very likely chance of (pending upon how the map is received by the public on release), a hard version being released. Many of you have seen the shots from way back yonder, and finally I pulled the map out of the folio and have proceeded to dust off the ol' cover.

So now, I re-present to you:
skitz_aztec, Now in wide screen! (Images best viewed using a wide screen monitor)
omfg
I
cannot
believe
my
eyes!

There is more to the map, however , I may do another update on the maps progress with another screen shot, or two, but the final stages I would prefer for you to see for yourself!

The map still has 4 stages to go through before completion, and what you see currently is pretty much what the final product will look like, and I have worked my ass off on this so, there is no need for 'you should do this, and that', because its already set in stone (yes, that is meant to be a pun).

gl & hf

Mentalo25/02/2008 20:26

not bad keep working!

clair mapper25/02/2008 20:37

i like it sir :) especially with my widescreen monitor hahaha

Dacca25/02/2008 20:52

Looks nice :)

ehlak25/02/2008 21:13

gj :D

CothA25/02/2008 21:46(edited 26/02/2008 06:56)

hm gj u can.Dont like jumps :/

Mehz25/02/2008 22:05

awesome.

when can I try it? xDD

DaMp mapper25/02/2008 22:26

nice for my eyes :) good job !

omilo26/02/2008 05:55

Looks great :) Just hope the FPS will be decent :p

skitz mapper26/02/2008 12:21(edited 26/02/2008 12:23)

Of the sections you've seen so far, the largest wpoly count I can get from the current, un-finalized build is 1150. There are I think 3 jumps in a row where the count goes over 800 when your jumping the map, and conveniently looking at the pretty scenery.

I don't get why I've been told by numerous people to 'make the walls less bare', when the map is following the style set forth by de_aztec. I think it looks awesome without having to make any extra changes to the walls, thus damaging the wpoly count even further. I don't like where its sitting atm (the high count), however it will improve when I do the final go over nulling everything I can see, and squeezing every poly I can get out of it.

s0liD mapper26/02/2008 12:55

The map looks good skitz

lzh26/02/2008 13:43

looks really nice

Distt26/02/2008 15:26

finnaly a mapper that maps official maps like they were built, not just the same textures, looks good ^^

break4yFTW26/02/2008 18:36

gj man :)

bakeLit26/02/2008 20:29

wow skitz, finnaly some aztec jump map! Nice!

skitz mapper27/02/2008 10:34

Only one problem that I may encounter DistractioN, the map could get denied because parts are exactly unit for unit the same.

Pf0llz0r mapper27/02/2008 12:39

the "problem" you showed isnt really a problem, ur overbright lighting is a bigger problem imo.

exact copies of a map is quite cool imo :)

raver mapper27/02/2008 13:08

Take the same lightning as de_aztec?

Pitch: -70
_light: 192 192 192 90
angles: 0 245 0

there are no other lights in de_aztec, only 4 light_spots .. and those are on the consturction lambs

hf

skitz mapper27/02/2008 14:16

I have the exact lighting of the map, what you don't have is the maximum gamma/brightness in game :)

This is also one of the reasons why my box_silo map has ultra dark parts in the map, I used to play with my monitor 100% contrast/brightness and max gamma/brightness in game (I used to play a lot of cs comps, and you need to be able to see in dark areas like in train). So I made the map thinking everyone would see it as dark as I could, turns out everyone else doesn't crank the brightness, lol.

raver mapper27/02/2008 14:17

Well, then make it darker ;)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.