Recording Question

Started by Nekso
27/02/2008 20:45
Page 1 of 2
Nekso27/02/2008 20:45

Whatsup,

More and more I see demos with more than one player; I mean, the recorder and other players on the server
(oficial demos of course, and mostly LJ/CJ demos)

so the question, Can I record a LJ demo on newgame with sv_lan 0, so other people can play while I record?
is it going to get accepted?

Thanks for your time ^^

st0ka27/02/2008 20:58

yes u can. it's hlds that messes up the ingame information and the dems can't be checked with fps death. I've asked the same question some months ago :D

bunnyT27/02/2008 21:29

when the demos cant be checked with fps death, why its allowed to record that way?

TinTin27/02/2008 21:53

Yes its allowed. Why shouldnt it? Its your lan game and the settings are located on your computer so its checkable with fps death.

Thedy27/02/2008 22:27

probably those guys join the localserver of that person, using hamachi

StormZz27/02/2008 22:34

Now i really have a question that nobody could answer me ( even some admins couldnt :P)
Can u record a wr while players are playing on your lan ( via internet ) ?

lonewolf VIP27/02/2008 22:46

Originally posted by Nekso
other people can play while I record?


So when u, my love, go to record, say with me, I want to see and play with you :D

TinTin27/02/2008 22:51(edited 27/02/2008 22:52)

Originally posted by Nekso
so the question, Can I record a LJ demo on newgame with sv_lan 0, so other people can play while I record?
is it going to get accepted?

Thanks for your time ^^


Still the same answere (yes).
Ive seen some of those demos in the list, just dont remember exactly which ones :P
If it is a climbing demo, you are the one that have to press the start/stop button first..

Nekso27/02/2008 22:56

Alright cool, thanks st0ka & TinTin ;)

Z0ck3rOO727/02/2008 23:18

yes they can climb, but if they press button or destroy things in the demo, it won't be accepted.

lonewolf VIP28/02/2008 00:34

And if I am with he, and start at the same moment, recording and do a wr? (climb first, and press the botton)

SUBLIME28/02/2008 07:00

Originally posted by ikm
And if I am with he, and start at the same moment, recording and do a wr? (climb first, and press the botton)

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. You need to be on YOUR OWN lan to record a demo. Other people can be on it when you record as long as they do not influence your run (open doors, boost, press buttons, etc.). You cannot submit a demo recorded on anything other than your own lan, just as your friends cannot submit a demo recorded on yours as it is not their own lan.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #228/02/2008 14:01

Nobody seemed to say that you have to be the last one to kill yourself at the end of the demo. I mean, everybody else must kill themselves before you kill yourself :/

Nekso28/02/2008 17:40(edited 28/02/2008 17:41)

Originally posted by Flibo
Nobody seemed to say that you have to be the last one to kill yourself at the end of the demo. I mean, everybody else must kill themselves before you kill yourself :/

Is this a statement or a question?

everyone on the server has to kill themselves?
If yes, do I have to be the last one to die?

bunnyT28/02/2008 19:16

why pp kill themselves at their demo records btw?
sry for ot..

lonewolf VIP28/02/2008 19:40

Originally posted by SUBLIME
Originally posted by ikm
And if I am with he, and start at the same moment, recording and do a wr? (climb first, and press the botton)

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. You need to be on YOUR OWN lan to record a demo. Other people can be on it when you record as long as they do not influence your run (open doors, boost, press buttons, etc.). You cannot submit a demo recorded on anything other than your own lan, just as your friends cannot submit a demo recorded on yours as it is not their own lan.

ow, yes, I forgot this. :D

puppetz mapper28/02/2008 21:14

Originally posted by BunnyTsukino
why pp kill themselves at their demo records btw?
sry for ot..


It's obviously the best way to show their nick, I suppose.

hybrid28/02/2008 22:53(edited 28/02/2008 22:55)

I just love the way you can completely ignore ikm's senseless/wrong posts nekso, u'r my second favourite brazilian jumper :>

OnT: Wtf r u talking about flibo?

Nekso29/02/2008 01:01

hahaHhahaA :~

and yea.. I need to know please

Originally posted by Nekso
everyone on the server has to kill themselves?
If yes, do I have to be the last one to die?

akM29/02/2008 01:20

flibo why other players should kill themself :S never heared that

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.