tryed everything but still 60 fps? :/

Started by britz
17/03/2008 15:31
Page 1 of 3
britz17/03/2008 15:31(edited 18/03/2008 23:27)

hey. can someone plz help me.
I havde tryed everything to get 100 fps,
but nothing works :/
my vsync is off, I've tryed to reinstall steam,
and I have tryed to install Windows xp but cant,
because it said that it cant be installed when there
is a newer version of windows on the computer (vista)

plz someone help me :/

I got:
3 GHz CPU.
GeForce 8600M GS
and I got 2 CPU's
1.5 dual core processor

peteR^17/03/2008 15:34

What graphic card u got?
When i had a Nvidia 7600 256mb i runned 60 fps instant.
But when i changed to 8600 856 mb, its like 100 fps no matter what map.

Mehz17/03/2008 15:50

fps_max 101 in console?

britz17/03/2008 15:55

I got GeForce 8800 i think.

fps_max 101 is on :)

eV1LkN1GhT17/03/2008 16:06

Open your NVIDIA Control Panel and turn off Vertical Sync for Halflife.

If you do this you should have 100 fps permanently :)

britz17/03/2008 16:08

where is the vsync ofr halflife? :)

britz17/03/2008 16:17

found it .
well vsync is off in all of my half-life games :/

boom.dll17/03/2008 16:21

disable aero theme for vista while playing... how much ram do u have?

britz17/03/2008 16:26

how do I disable that?
2046 MB ram

hose17/03/2008 17:10

whats your CPU?

britz17/03/2008 17:14

1.50 GHz

Mentalo17/03/2008 17:54

swith vsync off in you graphic card options! i have 8800 too you simply click right and then nvidia blabla and turn off vsync!

britz17/03/2008 18:01

look at the top .. it is off

skyjur17/03/2008 18:13

you may try to add a custom resolution:

1. nVIDIA control panel
2. Top Menu: View->Advanced
3. Left menu: Manage Custom resolution
4. Create
5. Set resolution with which you play CS and refresh rate.
6. Click Test and OK

if you have CRT monitor you can try to add "-freq 100" in launch options.

britz17/03/2008 18:57

thx ill try

Mehz17/03/2008 21:47

You're comp should handle like 100fps on all maps.. Your processor sucks tho :o

britz17/03/2008 22:12

Originally posted by coderiz
3. Left menu: Manage Custom resolution
4. Create
5. Set resolution with which you play CS and refresh rate.
6. Click Test and OK

if you have CRT monitor you can try to add "-freq 100" in launch options.


cant find that :/

Mentalo17/03/2008 22:22

This 60 fps isnt your actual fps! If you changed it to 100 now there wouldnt be a diffrence i guess. correct me if im wrong :P

britz17/03/2008 23:00

your wrong :D
- I cant strafe and cant bhop :/

maniac17/03/2008 23:11

1.5 GHz... are u sure? or maybe a dual-core or pentium dual?

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.