Hosting a Server

Started by AverageFreak
04/04/2006 08:56
Page 2 of 2
JuMpiNg_JacK24/04/2006 13:01

Are you going to run 2 servers on 1 machine? :@

Even if the operating system would be unix you would need a broadband internet connection to sufficiently do this. All players are going to have pings high above 100 and lag like hell.

This is not a good idea bl00d. As a person with some experience considering dedicated server I suggest that you drop this idea. :(

AverageFreak08/05/2006 19:14

I wasnt going to run 2 servers,I was just asking (now more clearly)must my PC run 24/7,so the server runs 24/7 too?

inSaaaNe08/05/2006 19:56

of course

AverageFreak09/05/2006 10:09

well,I suppose servermaking isnt for me...

acidburn09/05/2006 11:22(edited 17/08/2010 17:49)

I know only one guy who's running several servers at home 24/7. But he is a pal of mine, so I can use the servers whenever I want for pcws or whatever. :p

[ Edited Tue May 09 2006, 11:23AM ]

AverageFreak29/06/2006 19:51

i have a last question: ive noticed that XJ servers,kzfr servers,and other servers give me the 'invalid cd key'.,but bside doesnt give me that error :? i dont remember if i told you that my own server throws me away with 'invalid cd key.'how to make my server like bside?

acidburn29/06/2006 21:50

I'm not sure about this one. Does Bside use original CS 1.6 and no cracked server engine?

AverageFreak29/06/2006 22:25

i dont know about that...
Cracked server engine? what is that? is it a cracked dedicated server ?

acidburn30/06/2006 14:41

I think it is. But I have no idea where you can get it from. I would try google or other search engines.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.