Lets go mappers, read this! (life botton)
No flibo. Numb is right, But you all are thinking in all maps have eb doesnt have hp_booster. Of course its right, cuz why you need a eb and jb on a map with 10000 hp??
Originally posted by SchlumPFit is there opinion and sounds to me like xj will add a rule to forbid all kinds of map except cavemaps xD
i am going to create a new thread with the suggestion that XJ should denied all the non cavemaps...
Originally posted by NumBOmg, isn't it time 2 get good kz name back (what to talk obout good mappers name...)!? Don't forget, that the best and most popular maps were made by www.kreedz.com, and cuz they care not only obout lj!
no comment
Originally posted by FliboThe old good kz would be back if mappers make edgebug shortcuts in their maps? Wait... WHAT? That just ruins all the fun for normal climbers, who don't "geek edgebugs".
Wait i am going to create a new thread with the suggestion from SchlumPF and yours :D
Originally posted by ikmNo flibo. Numb is right, But you all are thinking in all maps have eb doesnt have hp_booster. Of course its right, cuz why you need a eb and jb on a map with 10000 hp??
Study the maps. On all the maps where the Healthbooster is. There is no edgebug SC!
Why don't you read the posts completly!
Offtopic:
Its quite funny to read posts from you guys which are wishing the old kzmaps backs with an account from 2006 where kreedz has already left the scene....
If you really want to have the old feeling back plZ build a time machine and start kreedzing in the year 2004
And now can we go back²topic?
Well, imo. the maps where you don't get 100000000hp are a bit more realistic and different from the "pussy" maps were you can't die :P For example maps where you don't even have autoheal are pretty cool imo :)
Of course the maps are more realistic when you only have your 100 hp. If this is how the mapper want it to be why the hell would they add a edgebug shortcut to it? Because edgebugs can make the map more realistic? Dont think so.
[blockquote]No flibo. Numb is right, But you all are thinking in all maps have eb doesnt have hp_booster. Of course its right, cuz why you need a eb and jb on a map with 10000 hp??[/blockquote]
You have already made your discovery that a map with 10000+ hp exclude the use of edgebugs. Try to come up with arguments instead of useless posts.
Originally posted by IggeTry to come up with arguments instead of useless posts.
And he should post mapnames with screenshots on such maps where you can make ebs.
Agree! Iwonder if his map and mapping knowledge is good enough for creating posts like this!
Originally posted by dEMoliteOriginally posted by SchlumPFit is there opinion and sounds to me like xj will add a rule to forbid all kinds of map except cavemaps xD
i am going to create a new thread with the suggestion that XJ should denied all the non cavemaps...Originally posted by NumBOmg, isn't it time 2 get good kz name back (what to talk obout good mappers name...)!? Don't forget, that the best and most popular maps were made by www.kreedz.com, and cuz they care not only obout lj!
no commentOriginally posted by FliboThe old good kz would be back if mappers make edgebug shortcuts in their maps? Wait... WHAT? That just ruins all the fun for normal climbers, who don't "geek edgebugs".
Wait i am going to create a new thread with the suggestion from SchlumPF and yours :DOriginally posted by ikmNo flibo. Numb is right, But you all are thinking in all maps have eb doesnt have hp_booster. Of course its right, cuz why you need a eb and jb on a map with 10000 hp??
Study the maps. On all the maps where the Healthbooster is. There is no edgebug SC!
Why don't you read the posts completly!
Offtopic:
Its quite funny to read posts from you guys which are wishing the old kzmaps backs with an account from 2006 where kreedz has already left the scene....
If you really want to have the old feeling back plZ build a time machine and start kreedzing in the year 2004
And now can we go back²topic?
i lulz at. <3
@numb i did not wan to say that nobody can geek ebs or jbs but most ppl focus on lj for shortcuts and im not talking about hardcore geeks... there are a few ppl who longjump so they can jump at least 245 first try in any map. but jbs and ebs need more luck than a lj, thats fact i think... also nearly noone is geeking them since it needs more time to find a right feeling for them.
anyway as i said such a suggestion is crap... suggestions should effect stuff like better fps or a better quality without a leak of fps... this is just some stupid rule to make all maps the same... i would rather suggest (and im serious) to forbid mappers to change the targetname or shit of healthdoors ("life botton [sic]") since it really easier to detect them in amxx then :)
sensless discussion
vote 4 close :) (i wanna see oddy lulzing at this thread!)
Go make xtreme-edgebugs.eu
WTF! We only care about lj? That's what this community seems to care the least of.
The old good kz would be back if mappers make edgebug shortcuts in their maps? Wait... WHAT? That just ruins all the fun for normal climbers, who don't "geek edgebugs".
I ment to say that kz has become only lj g33king. And that eb/jb/sb is just one of the solutions. And if you don't care only obout lj - prove it! Cuz all I see is:
1. extreme longjump/bhoplj/cj maps.
2. coders/scriptors going crazy from longjump programs/plugins.
3. evry day new thread with the same question ("How I shold lj better?").
4. maps what have no lj zone are getting unpopular.
And stop f*ucking my brain - I'm talking obout eb/jb/sb in a normal way (not like sc), so stop dedicating this sh*t 2 me! And omg, thats the fun of it, cuz there are no g33ks in it - it's smt new (old and forgotten getting back) - smt uniqe - smt not f*cking lj.
Yeah we should make maps so you can have all the wrs on them :/
Well for me, jbs and ebs are totally random, and I don't see why you want that in a map.
And you say only extreme maps/bhop maps are getting released? What cave are you hiding in? Just look at the last releases, many easy maps there...
NumB, don't you think you are a little too angry now?
Your statement about map releases proves that you were in a bad mood when you wrote your post. Look at the latest release. Mariocastle and tinymountain are average maps and wanderer, burrow and broken are hard/extreme maps. I wasn't able to finish the first part of wanderer and burrow because I suck at standup bhops. There was no way I could nocheck broken. But I don't think it's a bad release because of that. I think in the opposite way. The map releases are very good balanced. Sometimes easy maps, sometimes medium maps and sometimes sick xtreme maps.
And it got offtopic again...close thread please!!!
Originally posted by IggeNumB, don't you think you are a little too angry now?
Your statement about map releases proves that you were in a bad mood when you wrote your post. Look at the latest release. Mariocastle and tinymountain are average maps and wanderer, burrow and broken are hard/extreme maps. I wasn't able to finish the first part of wanderer and burrow because I suck at standup bhops. There was no way I could nocheck broken. But I don't think it's a bad release because of that. I think in the opposite way. The map releases are very good balanced. Sometimes easy maps, sometimes medium maps and sometimes sick xtreme maps.
And it got offtopic again...close thread please!!!
Agree. Close this thread, Schlumpzfr (sorry can't spell it ^^) already said it, this rule would just make every map the same. Vote 4 close. I really would want a standard for start and stop buttons too, there are some already, but I'm pretty sure not many even know about them.
Originally posted by IggeNumB, don't you think you are a little too angry now?
I know I am, but omg... Look how isnanely they understand what I say... Insted of posting why they don't agree with this idea - they are trying 2 f*ck evry single word I say...
Originally posted by wRath`Yeah we should make maps so you can have all the wrs on them :/
Well for me, jbs and ebs are totally random, and I don't see why you want that in a map.
And you say only extreme maps/bhop maps are getting released? What cave are you hiding in? Just look at the last releases, many easy maps there...
I care obout wr's as much as how much times some gay f*cked your mom! So stfu! I only want 2 stop seeing this lj sh*t in kreedz! If you are 2 god damn stupid 2 understand that - then you are fatal idiot.
I want them in a map, cuz I'm totaly sick of your ljs/cjs/bhopljs. And need smt new or forgotten.
I'm sayng that MOST (not all) of the maps are hard-extreme! Omg...
Cave - your moms ass!
Omg, meny ez maps... For you mby. 2 maps rated as ez, but omg, try that mario map with 14fps, so 4 me it isn't ez! tinymoutain - agree. Other 3 maps - if thats ez - i'm your dad.
// Offtipoc:
Sry 4 that, but I'm totaly tired from your sh*t! Stop dedicating evrything only 2 me. And if what - I was just saing why I agree with the topic idea. You shold rather say why you don't agree, nether f*cking evry single word I say. Again sry 4 that...
P.S. Close this thread - it's imp 2 be not ignored by a mapper... They will do what they want nomather what don't caring obout any1 or anything. And how allways - xj admins will accept only the best maps, but best maps from them is total sh*t 4 non-pro-longjumpers with 100fps, but there is no way 2 get better...
Hmm.. You can't even hold this discussion to a serious level numb. I'm sorry, I have no respect for you anymore.
You are just full of shit.
NumB
You can't be surprised people only comment what you say. It has pretty simple explanations. Ikm uses a quote from you when he created this thread then you join the discussion at the middle of page 1. In this discussion it's only you and Ikm who want eb/jb in new maps. No one understand Ikm's posts so no need to comment them.
Who's left?
Try to be more careful when you post your replies. Here's a few quotes from your latest reply.
[blockquote]I know I am, but omg... Look how isnanely they understand what I say... Insted of posting why they don't agree with this idea - they are trying 2 f*ck evry single word I say...[/blockquote]
I think everyone understand your posts but they are not willing to change their minds because of what you write.
Of course people comments words from your posts. Here's an example why.
[blockquote]Cuz all I see is:
1. extreme longjump/bhoplj/cj maps.
[/blockquote]
You say ALL maps.
[blockquote]I'm sayng that MOST (not all) of the maps are hard-extreme! Omg...[/blockquote]
You say MOST of the maps.
You should read through every post before posting dumb things. If you think I'm totally out of my mind you should take another look at your latest post.
[blockquote]I care obout wr's as much as how much times some gay f*cked your mom! So stfu![/blockquote]
I don't think wRath deserves a comment like this for what he wrote. But I think you should be rewarded with a warning for that and all other offensive language you have used.
i think a bit offensive language is ok but your last posts are full of them... but the main thing why you deserve a warning (and im sry to say that cuz you know i like you) is insulting wrath. insulting another ones mom is a no-go...
we need finally someone to close this thread... admins should have closed it before but it seems no admins cares about the forum :/
NumB, there are like 450 maps out there, and 80% of them everyone on an average level can climb. Try and dig a little in the maps section, and you will find some wonderful maps for sure.
You can't make mappers only release easy maps, 'cause these days people are trying to push the limits, more than jumping for fun, in my experience.
Making harder maps, making longer jumps, etc.
You have to face that your idea really sucks, and that is why the mappers won't listen to you. Maybe you are good at edgebugs and jumpbugs, but these two "techniques" are more random than any other technique people use for kz maps.
I would say it's more unfair to make maps like that, than to make extreme maps, most people are trained in strafing and generally just jumping.
Edgebugs and jumpbugs is a whole another thing, that most people aren't any good at (many don't even know them), and I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that you can't really "train" them, and do jumpbugs 1/2 or something like that.
Also, maybe you have 14 fps on mariocastle, but that is definitely not the mappers fault, and if you had just some basic knowledge about mapping, you would know that it's pretty much impossible to create such a huge map, that runs perfectly on everyone's computer.
From what I see, you often complain about your fps, which is usually something like below 30. I would say you should get a new computer then, cause it's really not the mappers fault.
Finally, I'd like you to calm down a bit, I am sure you won't get closer to "win" this discussion if you can't keep your language down on a normal level.
Guys, Please, lets stop posting, I think is:
-- End of Discurtion --
off topic: i added you in msn NumB, I am the igorkelvin@gmail,com
btw, Numb, don't be angry, yeah, its normal, but I have been banned in others 2 forum because I get angry start to post shits (not saying that your posts are shits)
please, do not quote this post and post, of the thread will became alive. But if you want to talk somethink construtive, post ;)
(...)They will do what they want nomather what don't caring obout any1 or anything.(...)
And thats excaclty how a mapper should work! Finally some true words lol
Jumpbugs and edgebugs aren't going to make people stop longjumping; do you really think people will think "oooh, look at this new phenomenon, I will stop longjumping forever and only train this new technique"? There will be the same volume of people longjumping now with or without new jumpbugs and edgebugs.
You also have complaints about maps being too hard these days. Are you forgetting something? New maps being released does not mean that the old maps disappear. They're still there and you can still play them, and it's not as if there are only hard maps being released.
Look at the old soulfather maps like cathedral_h and urbanjump...still very challenging maps by today's standards. The challenging maps made today are challenging in different ways, and the mappers are making maps suited to today's skill level so it's not exactly their fault for trying to please the modern scene.
Mappers and jumpers are always trying to break the boundaries in terms of what's possible in kz...when will you accept that the oldschool days are over? Don't you think it would be a bit boring if every map was the same (cave map with an easy-average climb and that same rock texture every time (boulder))?
The standards for a kz map are getting higher and higher and with that I feel sometimes that the 'fun' in these maps is becoming a little lacklustre. Mappers may spend so much time trying to make everything look nice in the map to impress the mapcheck team but this seems to work against the quality of the jumps. Sometimes simplicity is the key; kz_cellblock has a simple design but the jumps in it are the best I've ever jumped, and it's still my favourite map to this day.
So yeah, went a bit offtopic, but this suggestion is completely ridiculous and won't stop people longjumping, basically.
Well written soul! Agree to everything you say!
Please log in to post replies.