Lets go mappers, read this! (life botton)

Started by lonewolf VIP
18/08/2008 19:20
Page 3 of 3
Fliborecord holder Tournament #220/08/2008 20:15

100.0% agree with sould. Not to mention, why geeking edgebugs and jumpbugs would be better than geeking longjumps?

Originally posted by mentaL_o
(...)They will do what they want nomather what don't caring obout any1 or anything.(...)

And thats excaclty how a mapper should work! Finally some true words lol


I don't really agree, I like to make maps for other people to enjoy, not just me to enjoy.

NOW GODDAMN CLOSE THIS THREAD

soul v2.0 mapper20/08/2008 20:18

GODDAMMIT, l and d are on opposite sides of the keyboard! Stop calling me sould!

:(

mtoboiii8000 mapper20/08/2008 21:27

But Flibo, we do agree on the fact that a mapper does what he wants right? You map and maybe like to work together with jumpers!
I dont say i dont colaborate with others but i wont let too many tuch my map ^^ and in the end I am the one who deciides wether MY map will get submitted and wether MY jumps are fun! Right? ;)

puppetz mapper21/08/2008 15:06

Yes Mentalo, but mappers also post screenies of their maps to get feedback, and let other people test them, to make them as good as possible for the majority. If you only map like you want and never listen to feedback or suggestions, I don't really see many reasons why you should release your map.

mtoboiii8000 mapper21/08/2008 15:18

hmm good point :D
I just wanted to make clear that mappers should work the way they want to work.

NumB21/08/2008 22:54(edited 21/08/2008 23:03)

Originally posted by wRath`
Hmm.. You can't even hold this discussion to a serious level numb. I'm sorry, I have no respect for you anymore.
You are just full of shit.


Like I care what you think of me. Omg, you have a server? You are using lt.rat's edition? Thats already disrecpeting me (and evry1 who is using that version already proved me that I'm nothing 2 them (even thows who I trusted), so don't be mad at me, cuz I'm mad at you all for much longer, only am trying 2 hide it, but as you see - in times like this i'm breaking apart), so don't tell me where is America. I said, that I'm sorry for what I said & am sry again. So there is no need 2 continue this! Close this thread finaly! There is no need in this discution - even if at the end ppl who agree with this idea will win - mappers wont make it anyway.

skyjur22/08/2008 00:50(edited 22/08/2008 00:52)

Originally posted by NumB
Thats already disrecpeting me (and evry1 who is using that version already proved me that I'm nothing 2 them (even thows who I trusted), so don't be mad at me, cuz I'm mad at you all for much longer, only am


that's a realy stupid...again you are starting that stupid flame about rat mods blah bah.

opensource & gpl licenses means that anyone is allowed to modify your code. Everybody knows that Lt.RATs modification is based on your code. People use it because they like some extra features in it. That's nothing to do with respects and disrespects. Whats wrong about that? Why do you put this shit again?

NumB22/08/2008 03:03

Yes it allows 2 modify it, but not publicly. But how it wold be... I once said - will make it all, just w8 a bit - need 2 fix fiew bugs. And next week lt.rat come with his version and evrybody was like omg, omg, want it... You know how it feels if you are making smt, updating it mby 3 times per day and once some freek came w/o tryng with bounch of bugs, but evry1 likes it. You know how you wold feel? Let me say: it's a global "FUCK YOU!" feeling. And plz, don't start discusting this theme again tryng 2 understand me - cuz you wont...

P.S. Sry 4 the offtopic.

SchlumPF22/08/2008 06:40

you are right i dont understand you... i always liked your version even if its code is crap and need in first ordner optimizations instead of bugfixed imho xD i also liked your version cuz you were updating it very often. now im just using lt.rats version cuz all i need works in lt.rats version. the only thing which would have fucked me up if i was you is that lt.rat posted a version in the official ljstats thread and those ppl who were asking in your thread for his version. you are a good coder and all i can say is that nobody really knows sth about lt.rats version since he never released it yet and most ppl have different versions. i was never able to ahve a look at its sourcecode but i know how good you are atm so i know that you are able to create a wonderful new ljstats... i often offered you my help in a new version since it would be much to rewrite it but you always said i will create a new version but not now.

the only features which make lt.rats version popular are stats on failing a jump (even if they are not 100% correct but they make you feel that you always know how far you would have been jumped) and the bhopstats. most things you need to create them on your own is the calculation code from edark


pls just create a new version with all possible stats and features and w/e ppl want so that you do not have to complain again. it got very annoying to read all your complaints...

i can just agree with skyjur!

faker mapper07/10/2008 15:34

Moved to the Mapping zone, since it's not directed to the XJ staff.

Page 3 of 3

Please log in to post replies.