Stuck at 300 maxspeed

Started by Nartan
03/09/2008 17:01
Page 3 of 3
Grrr13/09/2008 09:38

the best way is 1st big fast strafe.. and then smaller strafes.. If u do 1st strafe right that could increase your jump by 3~ units...

Nartan17/09/2008 19:54

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qsx3bq

240 block demo: Anyone that can tell me what im doing wrong? My current record is 248 distance on 244 block. I don't seem to be able to exeed it.

Help please?

Distance: 248.671020 MaxSpeed: 323.012359 (50.984) PreStrafe: 272.028350 Strafes: 6 Sync: 80
1 11.628 0.000 21.5 75
2 13.076 0.000 17.5 100
3 8.685 1.070 14.9 90
4 7.679 0.340 16.1 75
5 6.407 0.000 21.7 56
6 3.506 0.000

deus?18/09/2008 09:51

i cant watch the demo now, but stats are not bad. U have a bit low prestrafe, 74-75 would be good. Also u have good sync, so the problem is in your strafe style i think. I dont think that some1 would be able to help with that, u have to find it by yourself. U have to feel it... Try to experiment with strafes, do them faster, wider etc. Ive been doing 310-320 long time ago, then i found how to improve it, and there werent any 100% true stats at that time...So its much easyer nowadays :>

cC|Stewie!18/09/2008 13:08

I think 248 is possible with 3 strafes (correct if im wrong)
Why not try practising with less strafes?
4?
Then practice untill ur getting good sync every time
Then move to 5 strafes... and so on

fiRe_aT18/09/2008 15:05(edited 18/09/2008 15:08)

Hi guys,

Sorry for this little offtopic, but I'm wondering what the numbers actually mean u post here and how u get them?

Is there any tutorial, what mod you use and what the numbers mean. I wanna understand them too. ^_^

Ow, I maybe found it. is it this ? http://xtreme-jumps.eu/download.php?view.532

But can u explain the numbers pls ? :D

Om118/09/2008 20:07(edited 18/09/2008 20:14)

okey Naratan, Ive watched ur last demo at the 240 block and first thing u got to do is STOP LOOKING STRAIGHT UP! xD
if ur gonna watch upwards at every jump u do in kz, you'll fail all the time.
look towards to the edge ur gonna land on.
an other ting u got to practise is ur prestrafe, the pre is fine sometimes but u need to get constant 272+. My best tip is to download some of the lj records here and copy some styles.
and u should try to get ATLEAST 75+ sync at every strafe. I would train that by taking 30 minutes just doing 2 strafes, trying your best to get as good sync as possbile (at 2 strafes u should get atlest 90+ sync). then try 3 the next 30 minutes and again, do ur best to get good sync. and so on, after 2 hours ur at 5 strafes and thats enoughe to do 252+ stats if u do them right with good sync. when ur stable ate 5 u can move to 6, and 6 is enoughe to beat 255 block ;)

I would say something about ur strafe-style if it havent been for that ur looking straight up in the air, wich is really confusing :P
if u make a demo of urself looking at the block and not in the air, I can help u with ur strafe-style

PS!
u have played kz for a week or something? I didnt start ljs like a year after I discovered kz, and then I allready had the "kz-moves". PLAY KZ MAP! they make u a better jumper just by challening u

PS!!
Don't g33k at lj maps to much, then you'll end up like alot of other ppl whining about that they have "lost" their lj-skills. it happends to everyone that g33k lj to much, even the best!

TT.18/09/2008 20:50

man u were stuck at 300 maxspeed and 240 now u can 248 , it mean u are better now , keep practice , there is nothing else to do, u will get better sync , better starf etc... i think we cant help you now ,u need more practice nothing else
gl and have fun ljing!

fiRe_aT20/09/2008 16:55(edited 20/09/2008 17:00)

hi,

now i need some assstance.

My stats at 242 blocks are:


Distance: 242.910858 MaxSpeed: 308.052551 (38.399) PreStrafe: 269.653320 Strafes: 5 Sync: 73
1 13.259 0.000 24 72
2 7.210 2.344 17 69
3 9.129 0.000 20 86
4 4.540 0.756 15 72
5 4.258 0.000

What can i do better. I actually dont understand every value. One time i jumped 248 in distance, but it was some random luck I think. I know I have to improve the prestrafe a bit (what actually does that mean? the speed before jumping?)

Can u explain me something ? :P

greez

ps: now i made this:

Distance: 246.971115 MaxSpeed: 317.917205 (46.170) PreStrafe: 271.746276 Strafes: 5 Sync: 75
1 12.356 0.000 19 91
2 10.567 0.984 22 81
3 8.211 0.000 19 64
4 7.427 0.276 15 72
5 7.608 0.000

Nartan21/09/2008 18:22

http://www.sendspace.com/file/05nctj

300 max speed 247 jump? WUT? xD

Nartan22/09/2008 08:10

iv'e uploaded a demo with me jumping forward. Hoping you can help.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/38gshi

low pre sometimes dont care about it.

Page 3 of 3

Please log in to post replies.