Jumpbug WR!?
really nice NumB !
Originally posted by IchWillupload the demo at sendspace pls..
My demo on sendspace + converted for new cs update.
Originally posted by NumBOriginally posted by IchWillupload the demo at sendspace pls..
My demo on sendspace + converted for new cs update.
I've never bothered to ask- but what's the secret behind making jumpbugs more than 1/50? Just practice?
Originally posted by thopaworlds_highest_jumpbug.bsp
Well, it's actually worlds_highest_edgebug.bsp, but whatever. A map can't get any higher (or more retarded) than this one.
I want to see an edgebug followed by a jumpbug though. Do it on some cool map.
my friend has demo with this jb.. R3AL .. he will post this soon i think :) 8081 jb if i remember
Originally posted by checheOriginally posted by NumBOriginally posted by IchWillupload the demo at sendspace pls..
My demo on sendspace + converted for new cs update.
I've never bothered to ask- but what's the secret behind making jumpbugs more than 1/50? Just practice?
The same as making some lj block - making lj you are timing when you should jump or else you'll just run down. Anyway - people are thinking that it's hard to unduck and jump in the same moment... It's a lie - they just don't time it right and it has only a bit to do with luck - on 2000speed fall with 100fps your abilities to do jb are 1/5 (20%). With 400 fall speed abilities are 1/1 (100%) but you loose hp only on 500speed.
Originally posted by stRunFOriginally posted by thopaworlds_highest_jumpbug.bsp
Well, it's actually worlds_highest_edgebug.bsp, but whatever. A map can't get any higher (or more retarded) than this one.
I want to see an edgebug followed by a jumpbug though. Do it on some cool map.
my friend has demo with this jb.. R3AL .. he will post this soon i think :) 8081 jb if i remember
What I must do so you'll finally understand that you have 2 calculate this jb/eb/sb skills by fall speed (not by units like some lj!). 2000 fall speed is the limit - reaching it it doesn't matter what more units you'll fall, cuz your chances of doing jumpbug don't change! Here you go a simple calculation code:
Your chances of doing jb are 4 from (speed/fps).
Originally posted by NumBOriginally posted by IchWillupload the demo at sendspace pls..
My demo on sendspace + converted for new cs update.
that was awesome ! O.o
Thanks. :)
// edit:
Originally posted by checheI've never bothered to ask- but what's the secret behind making jumpbugs more than 1/50? Just practice?
You gave me a nice idea - am creating perfect jb stats plugin what will show you all mistakes and perfect things. No top - just stats.
nice numb!!!
Originally posted by NumBOriginally posted by checheOriginally posted by NumBOriginally posted by IchWillupload the demo at sendspace pls..
My demo on sendspace + converted for new cs update.
I've never bothered to ask- but what's the secret behind making jumpbugs more than 1/50? Just practice?
The same as making some lj block - making lj you are timing when you should jump or else you'll just run down. Anyway - people are thinking that it's hard to unduck and jump in the same moment... It's a lie - they just don't time it right and it has only a bit to do with luck - on 2000speed fall with 100fps your abilities to do jb are 1/5 (20%). With 400 fall speed abilities are 1/1 (100%) but you loose hp only on 500speed.Originally posted by stRunFOriginally posted by thopaworlds_highest_jumpbug.bsp
Well, it's actually worlds_highest_edgebug.bsp, but whatever. A map can't get any higher (or more retarded) than this one.
I want to see an edgebug followed by a jumpbug though. Do it on some cool map.
my friend has demo with this jb.. R3AL .. he will post this soon i think :) 8081 jb if i remember
What I must do so you'll finally understand that you have 2 calculate this jb/eb/sb skills by fall speed (not by units like some lj!). 2000 fall speed is the limit - reaching it it doesn't matter what more units you'll fall, cuz your chances of doing jumpbug don't change! Here you go a simple calculation code:
Your chances of doing jb are 4 from (speed/fps).
sry just after that i red the rest of the posts..:)
eb+jb on ultrablock http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2ev9z
This is a duel!!! >:E) Will buy new pc this week and will own you, spr1n! >:D
ever realized that it will be harder to jb+eb with constant 100fps numb?
I did eb + jb on chrizzy's map kzsca_ebmadness at the end, but ebs are so easy there so I guess it doesnt really count :D
Doing jb with 100fps @ 2000speed:
ability in % = 4/(2000/100)*100=20
Doing jb with 10fps @ 2000speed:
ability in % = 4/(2000/10)*100=2
But ok, ok... I have 10-20 fps as average, so it's from 2% to 4%.
Anyway:
Doing jb - you need engine to luck you a frame where you can jb. And you can calculate that luck ability by formula what I wrote.
Doing eb - there always is a frame when you can eb.
So, we get result, that it's easier to eb with higher fps than jb with low fps. So... Get ready spr1n! I'll own you in upcoming week! >:D
i don't understand a word, what I know is that it's easier to eb with LOWER fps..
Originally posted by NumBDoing jb with 100fps @ 2000speed:
ability in % = 4/(2000/100)*100=20
Doing jb with 10fps @ 2000speed:
ability in % = 4/(2000/10)*100=2
But ok, ok... I have 10-20 fps as average, so it's from 2% to 4%.
Anyway:
Doing jb - you need engine to luck you a frame where you can jb. And you can calculate that luck ability by formula what I wrote.
Doing eb - there always is a frame when you can eb.
So, we get result, that it's easier to eb with higher fps than jb with low fps. So... Get ready spr1n! I'll own you in upcoming week! >:D
could u explain me your calculations without fps, and vertical velocity ? :)
I calculate it.. 2000 u/s velocity per second/100frames per second = 2000 u/s velocity / 100frames.. so 20u/s per frame
u send 2 commands "jump and duck" that means that u'r chance to do JB at the exactly frame is 25% (when u +jump ; -jump when u -jump ; +duck ; when u +duck ; -duck ; and when u -duck ; +jump (JB) which means that u have 4 frames for succesfull JB.. but u have only 1 so its 100/4 = 25% chance to JB)
so with 20u/s per frame (and u have ~2 units for JB) with 25% chance to JB at that frame + the chance to catch that JB frame from HL engine, makes it pretty hard :P
and with 10-20 fps its other story.. :D
Originally posted by NumBThis is a duel!!! >:E) Will buy new pc this week and will own you, spr1n! >:D
Im out of that duel. this demo is old and i dont have such skills anymore, so gl =) and buy a rly good one pc ;)
Originally posted by NumB..
So, we get result, that it's easier to eb with higher fps than jb with low fps. So... Get ready spr1n! I'll own you in upcoming week! >:D
I allways thought the opposite. for example with 20 fps its easier for me to edgebug like in 10...100 times, and with the low/unstable fps i cant jb normally. mby its just a feeling, but it become common for me.
@ IchWill:
Calculation is very simple:
jb_distance_from_ground/(speed/fps)*100 = ability to jb in %
jb_distance_from_ground is 2 like I said.
// edit:
Just understood what you have in mind... No, I'm not adding ability of pressing keys, cuz it calculates only the ability of catching the frame. Imo people already know that thy can also fail cuz bad key timing, but it's another calculation.
P.S. For me it isn't that hard to make perfect key timing/combination. My only problem is uber low fps. But it will change in upkoming week.
@ spr1n:
You always have a frame on what you can eb (nomather how much fps you have). But as you noticed - you don't always have a frame for jb (my jb trainer plugin proves it).
P.S. You probably didn't tryed to jb with 20fps or lower. :D
// edit:
No duel... =( :D
Please log in to post replies.