Jumpbug WR!?

Started by Extract
21/10/2008 17:23
Page 3 of 4
JAy05/11/2008 04:32(edited 05/11/2008 04:34)

can i have your jb trainer plugin plox :)

edit - nvm i'm an idiot.. didn't even see it when i first checked the plugin forums :/

Grrr05/11/2008 13:34(edited 05/11/2008 18:39)

Originally posted by NumB
@ IchWill:
Calculation is very simple:
jb_distance_from_ground/(speed/fps)*100 = ability to jb in %
jb_distance_from_ground is 2 like I said.

// edit:

Just understood what you have in mind... No, I'm not adding ability of pressing keys, cuz it calculates only the ability of catching the frame. Imo people already know that thy can also fail cuz bad key timing, but it's another calculation.
P.S. For me it isn't that hard to make perfect key timing/combination. My only problem is uber low fps. But it will change in upkoming week.


@ spr1n:
You always have a frame on what you can eb (nomather how much fps you have). But as you noticed - you don't always have a frame for jb (my jb trainer plugin proves it).

P.S. You probably didn't tryed to jb with 20fps or lower. :D

// edit:

No duel... =( :D


so if my calculation is right the ability to JB with ability of pressing keys will be 20%/4 so = 5% chance to do JB with 2000 velocity and 100 fps (spamming duck and jump buttons) :)

NumB05/11/2008 15:15

if you'll calculate all key pressings, you also need to /total_frame_number.

That ability is only frame timing ability - not key pressing and I wont change it and it's unneeded cuz it's just like making lj/cj/bh/ed/hj tops by how much units player jumped from the edge. So it's uber unneeded.

spr1n mapper20/11/2008 15:01(edited 20/11/2008 15:23)

sorry for bumping, but i just have to ask...

Originally posted by NumB
@ spr1n:
You always have a frame on what you can eb (nomather how much fps you have).

how do you explane if its about 2/10 ebs with 100 fps and 9/10 with 20 fps at the same conditions? also its not just about me. I think its pretty known fact among edgebuggers (easy edgebugs@ low fps). i dont beleive its some kind of mistake since its pretty constant for many ppl.

Edit:
sorry if it was a comparison eb and jb. I just dont understand that statement well

Caffeine20/11/2008 19:08(edited 20/11/2008 19:15)

jumpbug: http://rapidshare.com/files/165710469/jumpbugDEMO.rar.html


// edit

not seen what NumB says - "2000speed" =)

Grrr20/11/2008 19:47(edited 20/11/2008 19:50)

Originally posted by spr1n
sorry for bumping, but i just have to ask...

Originally posted by NumB
@ spr1n:
You always have a frame on what you can eb (nomather how much fps you have).

how do you explane if its about 2/10 ebs with 100 fps and 9/10 with 20 fps at the same conditions? also its not just about me. I think its pretty known fact among edgebuggers (easy edgebugs@ low fps). i dont beleive its some kind of mistake since its pretty constant for many ppl.

Edit:
sorry if it was a comparison eb and jb. I just dont understand that statement well


ofc its easier to EB with LOW FPS cuz u always have Frame For EB.. so the chance to "catch EB frame" is
20/1 - with 20 fps (5%)
100/1 - with 100 fps (1%)..
but thats the "luck chance", edgebuging also depends on the skill level of the player, unless at JB u don't have always that "JB frame" so its impossible to do JB without it

Skizo_record holder22/11/2008 11:47

My rec on smk_hnseu_suicide dunno 70xx unit's

chrizZo09/12/2008 12:48(edited 09/12/2008 14:31)

well, this is not really on topic because these are not high jb's, but I think they are cool :P I used the gigablock_jb_show in my gigablock movie as well, it's pretty nuts.
http://www.speedyshare.com/501952311.html

edit:
I found a new jb demo after a run of mine on cg_beginner. I missed a bhop in the run and continued jumping till the top. at the end of the run I did a jb :P I uploaded the pack again with the beginner demo into it, so just download the second one.
http://www.speedyshare.com/822363973.html

Fliborecord holder Tournament #209/12/2008 14:29

Originally posted by IchWill
Originally posted by spr1n
sorry for bumping, but i just have to ask...

Originally posted by NumB
@ spr1n:
You always have a frame on what you can eb (nomather how much fps you have).

how do you explane if its about 2/10 ebs with 100 fps and 9/10 with 20 fps at the same conditions? also its not just about me. I think its pretty known fact among edgebuggers (easy edgebugs@ low fps). i dont beleive its some kind of mistake since its pretty constant for many ppl.

Edit:
sorry if it was a comparison eb and jb. I just dont understand that statement well


ofc its easier to EB with LOW FPS cuz u always have Frame For EB.. so the chance to "catch EB frame" is
20/1 - with 20 fps (5%)
100/1 - with 100 fps (1%)..
but thats the "luck chance", edgebuging also depends on the skill level of the player, unless at JB u don't have always that "JB frame" so its impossible to do JB without it


Doesn't that mean it's not about luck at all, but with lower fps you need less skill?

Grrr09/12/2008 16:15

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by IchWill
Originally posted by spr1n
sorry for bumping, but i just have to ask...

Originally posted by NumB
@ spr1n:
You always have a frame on what you can eb (nomather how much fps you have).

how do you explane if its about 2/10 ebs with 100 fps and 9/10 with 20 fps at the same conditions? also its not just about me. I think its pretty known fact among edgebuggers (easy edgebugs@ low fps). i dont beleive its some kind of mistake since its pretty constant for many ppl.

Edit:
sorry if it was a comparison eb and jb. I just dont understand that statement well


ofc its easier to EB with LOW FPS cuz u always have Frame For EB.. so the chance to "catch EB frame" is
20/1 - with 20 fps (5%)
100/1 - with 100 fps (1%)..
but thats the "luck chance", edgebuging also depends on the skill level of the player, unless at JB u don't have always that "JB frame" so its impossible to do JB without it


Doesn't that mean it's not about luck at all, but with lower fps you need less skill?


yes if we are talking about edgebugs ^^

Skizo_record holder12/12/2008 14:21

My record on smk_hnseu_suicide : 72xx units jb and did 0037 sec :> if i find my demo i upload ;)

wRath` mapper12/12/2008 14:46

Haha Skizo, a few weeks ago I decided to try JB on that map, on a public server. And I DID ONE FIRST TRY! I totally suck at JBs, it was so random :D
Of course I had to die on the last edgebug. :(

Skizo_record holder12/12/2008 15:37

wRath!!
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

spr1n mapper16/12/2008 23:58

Originally posted by Skizo_
My record on smk_hnseu_suicide : 72xx units jb and did 0037 sec :> if i find my demo i upload ;)

37 seconds not even special. got it many times
my rec > http://kreedz.pri.ee/top15.php?map=smk_hnseu_suicide
jb + slidebug ... <3 NumB

elITe^17/12/2008 00:53

where do you do that slidebug?

spr1n mapper17/12/2008 01:35(edited 17/12/2008 13:17)

onto the stop button

Edit: also did 33 seconds on demo w/o slidebug. just pressed stop right before I died. im not sure if someone wanna see the demo, but ill keep it for a while I think.

TErr0r_Dr0nE29/12/2008 17:22

isn't that the highest map ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sox9HyLwOo

tomB01/01/2009 16:44

Can somebody upload the jump bug plugin?


thanks

SchlumPF02/01/2009 17:07

search for it tomb -.- its so easy to find and its in the forum, it even ahs its own thread!

NumB02/01/2009 18:48

Originally posted by Extract
Hoy hoy guys,

What's the World Record, using legal settings for Jumpbug? :)


2000speed. You cannot get better wr.

Page 3 of 4

Please log in to post replies.