CS Update Out Now (We're Screwed?)

Started by Juhmp
23/10/2008 05:42
Page 1 of 3
Juhmp23/10/2008 05:42(edited 23/10/2008 05:46)

[blockquote] The update includes Steamworks features such as player avatars in the scoreboard when playing Counter-Strike and Condition Zero.

Bug Fixes

* Removed the need to manually re-login and re-authenticate to Steam while in game
* Fixed a crash on startup when running windowed with a non-standard desktop resolution
* Removed the display of saytext (in-game chat text) from players whom you've blocked in Steam friends
* Locked down several engine cvars to prevent malicious script exploits
* Enforced file consistency on several sprites in Counter-Strike
* Removed "ex_extrapmax" cvar (no longer needed)

Server

* Added "-noaff" command-line option to disable setting of thread affinity
* Added "bannedcfg" cvar so admins can choose which file is written to by the "writeid" command[/blockquote]

After playing around for a little while in-game, i've noticed that jumping feels different. For bhopping, there seems to be added height? after performing some bhops and CJ'ing was a lot harder for me. Maybe it's just me, but somethings defenitely changed. -_-

Discusssssssss

ajR`23/10/2008 06:07

Something felt different, I'm not sure what it is yet. I'll play more tomorrow.

cjing i guess feels different since its another sound, dont really know but i like to hear when i land bhops and such...

ndR moviemaker Tournament #223/10/2008 07:44(edited 23/10/2008 07:45)

I would like some pro opinions please =)
Does something have really changed?
I don't have time to play for the moment ^^

leggie23/10/2008 09:48

i've just played for like 5 minuits, you seem to have less air-time when ljing/cjing and with bhop it seems harder to get a good stand-up and seems quite a bit slower but maybe thats cos i just woke up

NumB23/10/2008 09:54(edited 23/10/2008 09:55)

I know that physics they didn't change for sure (they are way to stupid for it) but for you it was alot harder to jump as you said, when finally in last months my score while playing normal cs was positive [48/12 :D ] (not looking on ~11 fps). And even somehow I managed to do 240-243lj blocks in a row with ~16fps... :E

qewi23/10/2008 10:57

i didnt notice anything, but i just tried the new update for 5 minutes :] pretty bad that only playdemo works instead of viewdemo for the old demos ;(

eMTi23/10/2008 11:08

i wrote a mail to valve on this issue yesterday evening. If they respond, i may be able to tell you more exact details on what they really changed.

Do all demos still work for you guys? There's no way for me to test the update now (I'm at work).
But what i read so far doesnt seem too bad after all. Could have been worse (really..).

NeMiQ2223/10/2008 11:23

LJing is same for me. I have rarely 250 stats and today after update got it on 4th try so I don't think it's harder to jump.

MAEXi23/10/2008 12:49

didnt notive any difference in jumping itself but what i noticed very well is that my cs crashes EVERY mapchange that i can close it via task manager and restart

gg valve i love you

we should go on a streak (spelling?)

Kevlarrrr23/10/2008 15:50(edited 23/10/2008 15:51)

strike lol,

Murvelman23/10/2008 15:52

There is no difference in movement as far as i can tell

puppetz mapper23/10/2008 16:07

Nope, I barely notice anything. The only things I've noticed is:

- Demos only possible to view in playdemo.
- Some crashes when joining public servers, had 2 crashes just on XJ's server.
- A little extra sound when doubleducking sometimes? I can still do silentrun pretty silent with scroll + Ctrl.

...but I haven't noticed that thing about the nicks, or the avatars on the scoreboard.

Seems like a fine update, although no things that I'm actually happy about, that wasn't there before. I'm not sure I got all of it, it seems I'm missing some of the new stuff. :P Maybe should restart Steam or so. Well, what do I care, I'm fine with the "new" CS 1.6.

Kevlarrrr23/10/2008 16:22

Puppetz what do you mean by Crash, u freeze and get connection problem, then can't join the server for another minute or so because it says your USER ID is still on it? or not?

puppetz mapper23/10/2008 16:25

Well, basically it just keeps lagging, and repeating some sound that was there when the crash interrupted, then I have to shut down hl.exe from Task Manager.

Kevlarrrr23/10/2008 16:32

Oh yeah, had that a few times before update, couldnt never got task manager open thou, just had to reboot -.-

leggie23/10/2008 16:35

mine crash's alot or just kicks me from the server, this is what they were supose to be fixing............... /fail

Kevlarrrr23/10/2008 16:37(edited 23/10/2008 16:38)

Havn't played for past few days, might not play til/if they sort it out, cba getting anymore crashes than i already do

mgD23/10/2008 17:07

naaaaah everything is the same except what puppetz mentioned imo :D

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.