CS Update Out Now (We're Screwed?)
Originally posted by NumBOriginally posted by eMTii wrote a mail to valve on this issue yesterday evening. If they respond, i may be able to tell you more exact details on what they really changed.
Do all demos still work for you guys? There's no way for me to test the update now (I'm at work).
But what i read so far doesnt seem too bad after all. Could have been worse (really..).
You know they wont - you just waisted 5 minutes of your life.
You are wrong in this case :) I got my answers from them.
Originally posted by eMTiOriginally posted by NumBOriginally posted by eMTii wrote a mail to valve on this issue yesterday evening. If they respond, i may be able to tell you more exact details on what they really changed.
Do all demos still work for you guys? There's no way for me to test the update now (I'm at work).
But what i read so far doesnt seem too bad after all. Could have been worse (really..).
You know they wont - you just waisted 5 minutes of your life.
You are wrong in this case :) I got my answers from them.
Omg... It's probably a fake! I'm sure in it!!! But talking seriously: what you wrote and what they answered if not a secret?
P.S. I'm amazed...
It is not a fake, i used the direct way via steam suppurt contact. The conversation was not made public in any kind of forum or something.
Well I'm too lazy to post all mails we wrote here, but i can tell you in short that they offered their help in case we get in trouble with a cheat or something. Apperently this is not the case in the present, but it's nice to have a plan-b in case of a hack that eDark can't detect.
Answers for my questions about the update were as simple as "just be patient, we are working on it", but i expected nothing else.
Btw. I think we can close this thread. Update has been fixed quite well, and i think nearly everything should work now as it used to work.
That's good to hear, cuz I was sure that they wont do nothing. But still we have to w8 time when they'll fix as much as they can. And only then new amxx will come what will be a bit bugged also... I'm more warring about amxx as you see. Just look what problems xj web server has of getting mapname and servername. Now imagine how much problems base like amxx is having... I cannot even script simple plugins cuz have no ability of testing. For example you know on what project I'm working right now. It needs current mapname data and I cannot get it, cuz ofsetts are changed... The same problems with ljstats - cannot get simple datas what had no problems before - server crashes when I'm requesting engine 2 give me them.
yes, just wait for valve to update and for amxx to come up with a new version :D
Originally posted by NumBJust look what problems xj web server has of getting mapname and servername.
That has nothing with amxx if you meant that, just they have changed the hl1 query, and now it's just messed up. I hope Richard will do an update of the lgsl soon..
I agree that this web server script has nothing to do with amxx. But they also changed offsets in the engine and amxx uses thows offsets...
Please log in to post replies.