Timer slide.. your opinion please

Started by MAEXi
11/11/2008 16:58
Page 3 of 4
PepoMerca12/11/2008 17:51

thats true blt, supa was/is slow.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #212/11/2008 19:05(edited 12/11/2008 19:05)

If you have to flame somebody it's me :P

I recorded the first WR with timer slide (kz_j2s_icevalley) and I showed some people the timer slide @ kz_ea_highblock.

Leave Supa alone ^^

cC|SpiNe12/11/2008 19:17(edited 12/11/2008 19:17)

Originally posted by Supa
Originally posted by SpiNe
Originally posted by Supa
It's a speed sc... the xtremeblock one is a jump sc... same thing... they're both scs.



The one on highblock wasn't a sc. SC = shortcut. On highblock you didn't cut through the normal route. You just gained more speed. It's definetly not a sc.


Uh dude.. make some sense before you post please. FoF gained the same amount of speed as me when he hit the timer.



Sorry if you didn't understand me, I'll try to be more clear now.

You didn't actually skip any jumps, FoF did. That is the only difference, it has nothing to do with speed.

An SC means to take another shorter route than the original, and you didn't do that.

I'm only saying that timerslide shouldn't be put in the same class as shortcuts.

That's why I think, people shouldn't say. "All other scs are allowed, why not this".

When it isn't actually a sc.



Originally posted by ndR
Leave Supa alone ^^


Im not targeting Supa, just used his highblock as an example. :)

I could have also used FoF's xtremeblock(the one where he didn't make the silde sc, but did the cj one instead.

NeMiQ2212/11/2008 20:09

There are 2 same threads about this issue. I suggest close one, or move posts to the other.

MAEXi12/11/2008 20:53

make a poll please

Supa12/11/2008 22:05

"That is the only difference, it has nothing to do with speed."

Uh but it does have everything to do with speed. The sc isn't possible on xtremeblock without it.




soul v2.0 mapper12/11/2008 22:41

weren't you against this 'gay timer shiz' supa?

lonewolf VIP12/11/2008 23:33

speed boost you don't use any plugin. "just started the timer and did the run"

BLT^_^12/11/2008 23:48(edited 12/11/2008 23:49)

Originally posted by Gamster
thats true blt, supa was/is slow.


I haven't say that supa is slow .
He's fast as hell, that's why he has 50 wr's ... what i tried to say is that target's run was faster imo .

PepoMerca13/11/2008 00:29(edited 13/11/2008 00:30)

u didnt understand, u said supa was slow on kz_ea_highblock, and i said, its true supa was slow on that map, and is slow in all maps for me, not for u, u surely think supa is fast.

Supa13/11/2008 03:46(edited 16/11/2008 20:59)

Obviously you don't understand english and need some explanation in spanish: vete a tu casa y llore mas como un bebe porque nunca vas lograr nada diciendo cosas marranadas asi. Es contradictorio diciendo que alguien esta lento si tu' ni puede. deberia ser BANNNED

Oh wait I understand why he's like this : 1990-01-12 HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PepoMerca13/11/2008 05:10

oh my god.

1: n1 insult in spanish.
2: yes, you are a kid who got angry because a guy said you are slow.
3: If u wanna insult me, do it, but not here.

Byes.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #213/11/2008 07:59(edited 13/11/2008 08:03)

Come on dudes, please calm down :/
It's not a reason to argue, really.
Supa maybe not be the best jumper of the world but at least he's one of the best, nobody can deny it, otherwise he wouldn't have pwnd all of those demos.

I think an admin should close this thread, it's a typical "flame thread" and plus, which is useless. I think admins are already chatting about timer slides, or have already chatted about it.

It's not because you don't see new rules, new stuff etc, that they do nothing, I've been in the XJ staff much time and I know what I'm talking about, trust me :)

You'll be able to open a thread like this when there will be a new rule that you don't like, find unfair, etc...

Peace

Supa13/11/2008 08:52

I was just bored ndR! PEACE!

rainbowcyan13/11/2008 14:28

I think the wr should be original,completed without any other amxx.without the hook,it seems impossible to do the timer slide sc.

cC|SpiNe13/11/2008 14:30

Supa, just read my post again. I said the difference was fact skipped jumps, you didn't.

I'm really not trying to flame anyone. I only took supa's highblock as an example and he chose to argue.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #213/11/2008 14:52

Originally posted by SpiNe
Supa, just read my post again. I said the difference was fact skipped jumps, you didn't.

I'm really not trying to flame anyone. I only took supa's highblock as an example and he chose to argue.


What does it matter whether he skips or doesn't skip jumps? It's still a slide"sc"?

ndR, Yeah right. This is the spam thread. What about that JUMPER VS JUMPER topic? Pure spam. At least we've arguing here.

Originally posted by cheche
Originally posted by Om1
when I run the 100m I allways start 10m behind so I will have greater spead when the others start!


Now that's a good point!

+1

Originally posted by Flibo
However, in kz_j2s_icevalley for example (Ye, I <3 to defend my own wr :( ), the shortcut is possible without any plugins. That doesn't mean I don't use plugins to get there. I just do it to get there faster.


Now if you just had climbed all the way up to the tree and then made it first try, without any use of gravity, checkpoints or hook, then it would have been fair enough, imo.


Lol, why would that be more fair? If you can't use checkpoints/hook to get to places, you would need to run to the timer every time you sv_restart 1.

cheche13/11/2008 15:00(edited 13/11/2008 15:06)

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by SpiNe
Supa, just read my post again. I said the difference was fact skipped jumps, you didn't.

I'm really not trying to flame anyone. I only took supa's highblock as an example and he chose to argue.


What does it matter whether he skips or doesn't skip jumps? It's still a slide"sc"?

ndR, Yeah right. This is the spam thread. What about that JUMPER VS JUMPER topic? Pure spam. At least we've arguing here.

Originally posted by cheche
Originally posted by Om1
when I run the 100m I allways start 10m behind so I will have greater spead when the others start!


Now that's a good point!

+1

Originally posted by Flibo
However, in kz_j2s_icevalley for example (Ye, I <3 to defend my own wr :( ), the shortcut is possible without any plugins. That doesn't mean I don't use plugins to get there. I just do it to get there faster.


Now if you just had climbed all the way up to the tree and then made it first try, without any use of gravity, checkpoints or hook, then it would have been fair enough, imo.


Lol, why would that be more fair? If you can't use checkpoints/hook to get to places, you would need to run to the timer every time you sv_restart 1.


In your icevally demo and all other slide-sc demos, you are abusing the /checkpoint or +hook command - and that's why I mean it is not fair, because you would not have been able to do it without the use of checkpoints or the hook-plugin. That's abuse and should not be allowed.

There is a difference between cutting a few seconds to get to the start-timer, and then climbing all the way to the top of a map.

To those who then say they can use sv_gravity to get to the top - well that's abuse of the sv_gravity command.

cC|SpiNe13/11/2008 15:58

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by SpiNe
Supa, just read my post again. I said the difference was fact skipped jumps, you didn't.

I'm really not trying to flame anyone. I only took supa's highblock as an example and he chose to argue.


What does it matter whether he skips or doesn't skip jumps? It's still a slide"sc"?


I'm only saying is that it isn't an sc if you don't skip any jumps. So people shouldn't put it in the same class as a normal sc.
But it doesn't matter, allowed or not allowed i don't really mind.

Supa13/11/2008 17:11

but fof got speed before the sc... so technically speaking if you look at just that part of the demo.. its the same as the one i submitted for laffs and giggles.

Page 3 of 4

Please log in to post replies.