Timer slide.. your opinion please

Started by MAEXi
11/11/2008 16:58
Page 4 of 4
NeMiQ2213/11/2008 18:59(edited 13/11/2008 19:00)

Originally posted by cheche
In your icevally demo and all other slide-sc demos, you are abusing the /checkpoint or +hook command - and that's why I mean it is not fair, because you would not have been able to do it without the use of checkpoints or the hook-plugin. That's abuse and should not be allowed.

There is a difference between cutting a few seconds to get to the start-timer, and then climbing all the way to the top of a map.

To those who then say they can use sv_gravity to get to the top - well that's abuse of the sv_gravity command.

Everyone is able to do that timer-slide-sc without hook, gravity, checkpoints or whatever. It's only really time consuming to every time climb up there on the right place.

cheche13/11/2008 19:41

Originally posted by Raptor22^-_-
Originally posted by cheche
In your icevally demo and all other slide-sc demos, you are abusing the /checkpoint or +hook command - and that's why I mean it is not fair, because you would not have been able to do it without the use of checkpoints or the hook-plugin. That's abuse and should not be allowed.

There is a difference between cutting a few seconds to get to the start-timer, and then climbing all the way to the top of a map.

To those who then say they can use sv_gravity to get to the top - well that's abuse of the sv_gravity command.

Everyone is able to do that timer-slide-sc without hook, gravity, checkpoints or whatever. It's only really time consuming to every time climb up there on the right place.


And it would really lower your chances of making a perfect run - since you have to make it first try.

mezZ1a13/11/2008 20:59

Supa you didnt do a real sc. you did just hit the timer so you would get faster over the ground. nice way to destroy a nice oldschool demo

Fliborecord holder Tournament #215/11/2008 21:45

Originally posted by cheche
Originally posted by Raptor22^-_-
Originally posted by cheche
In your icevally demo and all other slide-sc demos, you are abusing the /checkpoint or +hook command - and that's why I mean it is not fair, because you would not have been able to do it without the use of checkpoints or the hook-plugin. That's abuse and should not be allowed.

There is a difference between cutting a few seconds to get to the start-timer, and then climbing all the way to the top of a map.

To those who then say they can use sv_gravity to get to the top - well that's abuse of the sv_gravity command.

Everyone is able to do that timer-slide-sc without hook, gravity, checkpoints or whatever. It's only really time consuming to every time climb up there on the right place.


And it would really lower your chances of making a perfect run - since you have to make it first try.


No it doesn't.

It's just ridiculous to NOT use checkpoints/hook/gravity to get faster to the sc. I don't see why it should not be allowed, since everyone can do it. After all, I could've done 2:39 without hook or checkpoints, it would've taken just a fucking shitload of time.

elITe^16/11/2008 13:49

This timer slide ruins the spirit of kz and beating records. I dunno, call me old-fashion, but this is just gay. If i know the XJ staff right (which im sure I do) they will make a rule against it soon. And all this will be over!

Over & Out!

Messing16/11/2008 14:49

This timer slide ruins the spirit of kz and beating records. I dunno, call me old-fashion, but this is just gay. If i know the XJ staff right (which im sure I do) they will make a rule against it soon. And all this will be over!

Over & Out!

elITe^16/11/2008 16:49

Originally posted by Messing
This timer slide ruins the spirit of kz and beating records. I dunno, call me old-fashion, but this is just gay. If i know the XJ staff right (which im sure I do) they will make a rule against it soon. And all this will be over!

Over & Out!

That's exactly what i said! You're such a mind reader Messing ;]

Fliborecord holder Tournament #216/11/2008 21:53

Originally posted by elITe^
This timer slide ruins the spirit of kz and beating records. I dunno, call me old-fashion, but this is just gay. If i know the XJ staff right (which im sure I do) they will make a rule against it soon. And all this will be over!

Over & Out!


Forbidding shortcuts ruins the spirit of kz and beating records. Somehow this reminds me of KX...

Page 4 of 4

Please log in to post replies.