CJ tutorial

Started by aftermatch-_-
08/04/2009 09:18
Page 4 of 5
DiscJockey13/08/2010 14:02

Can you fix that demo link? It's broken

jack frog28/08/2010 12:05

Originally posted by aftermatch-_-
[…] it doesnt really matter where u start off, its about the smooth turn and jump off at the last possible moment(for better pre).[…]


So basicially it doesn't matter if I start off like this: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9503/cjpreb.jpg instead of this route: http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3342/cjprea.jpg ? Is there a limit of units you can reach when you start off like in the first picture?



Greetings

aftermatch-_-29/08/2010 10:38

with pic#1 you cant reach 290+ pre as easy as picture #2. What i mean before was that, there is no matter where you start off at the blackish thing, the bananus style cj pre is needed. the whole turn itself gives u more speed and shit. so my advice is work on your sharp and smooth at the same time motion while you turn. but try to use the pre from picture #2.

jack frog04/09/2010 00:46

Originally posted by aftermatch-_-
with pic#1 you cant reach 290+ pre as easy as picture #2. What i mean before was that, there is no matter where you start off at the blackish thing, the bananus style cj pre is needed. the whole turn itself gives u more speed and shit. so my advice is work on your sharp and smooth at the same time motion while you turn. but try to use the pre from picture #2.



Ah ok, I get what you mean. I have another question if you don't mind: In the xj cj tutorial it says you have to perform a doubleduck. Further they suggest to bind mwheeldown/up + duck. Till now I've just had mwheelup + jump/mwheeldown + duck and performed a "short" duck in the prestrafe only. But if you bind duck in both mousewheel directions, how do you jump then? With the space key? I've experienced you jump off the ground better with mousewheel than with the space key, like in the bunnyhopping for example.

aftermatch-_-04/09/2010 02:25

well, binding duck in both directions wont help you with cj. maybe for some sick dd trickjump, for example multiple ducks(20) then doing some crazy distance, i bet you've seen such movies. but binding duck in both directions wont help you at all with cj.
If you bind them in both ways you can perform sweet dd tricks as i said before. you can jump with mouse1/2 or space key or whatever feels comfortable for you.
And no, i dont think that you jump better off the ground with the scroll. You jump off + continue jumping off and off the ground better with the scroll, which is bhoping, but theres no matter with which key you start the bhop. For example my g5 scroll broke like 10 months ago or more, and i was forced to stop bhoping, cjing and shit. the only thing i could do was longjump, with space that is. There are no difference for the first jump itself.

PuRPoSe04/09/2010 14:15

aftermatch, be the 1st 269block

200604/09/2010 14:27

avatar has already done 269, and i trust him, though he cheated and got banned

leggie04/09/2010 16:28

why do people call it the "bananus style pre"? please explain

c-walker`04/09/2010 16:32

Originally posted by fak sqk neb
avatar has already done 269, and i trust him, though he cheated and got banned

NFS also did 269

aftermatch-_-04/09/2010 17:30

Originally posted by leggie
why do people call it the "bananus style pre"? please explain


well cause bananus first found out that turning like that gives you more speed, as a result he did 266 stats on 260 block long ago, that was the first 266 stats i guess and then i knew that thats the new era of cj.

leggie04/09/2010 20:07

Originally posted by aftermatch-_-
Originally posted by leggie
why do people call it the "bananus style pre"? please explain


well cause bananus first found out that turning like that gives you more speed, as a result he did 266 stats on 260 block long ago, that was the first 266 stats i guess and then i knew that thats the new era of cj.


lol well im sure bananus may tell you otherwise

200604/09/2010 23:16

Originally posted by c-walkerrrr`
NFS also did 269

ye, but i don't trust him..

jack frog04/09/2010 23:26

Originally posted by aftermatch-_-
well cause bananus first found out that turning like that gives you more speed, […]

Oh, ok. I thought because the prestrafe curve looks like a banana, lol.


Originally posted by aftermatch-_-
well, binding duck in both directions wont help you with cj. maybe for some sick dd trickjump, for example multiple ducks(20) then doing some crazy distance, i bet you've seen such movies. but binding duck in both directions wont help you at all with cj.
If you bind them in both ways you can perform sweet dd tricks as i said before. you can jump with mouse1/2 or space key or whatever feels comfortable for you.
And no, i dont think that you jump better off the ground with the scroll. You jump off + continue jumping off and off the ground better with the scroll, which is bhoping, but theres no matter with which key you start the bhop. For example my g5 scroll broke like 10 months ago or more, and i was forced to stop bhoping, cjing and shit. the only thing i could do was longjump, with space that is. There are no difference for the first jump itself.

Yea, I've seen such videos but that's not what I'm talking about. The Kreedz Tutorial of xtreme-jumps actually suggests you that: "[…] and at the end of the prestrafe you have to perform a doubleduck. To do that bind duck on your mousewheel (bind mwheelup/mwheeldown +duck) and scroll! […]". My problem is that I'm a bit confused. Originally I'm coming from the regular counter-strike and there was doubleducking (commonly called "russian-duck") a technique to avoid getting shot in the head. I hit CTRL two times to perform a "russian-duck" but in countjumping it is very hard to perform that and get a good prestrafe. That's why I bind mwheelup+jump / mwheeldown+duck only and just did a duckjump (hitting the duck-button one time) in the prestrafe. See this youtube video to understand what I mean (I performed the second jump in the movie to cj) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztt-XIG9zVs My questions are:

1. What exactly are you doing in the prestrafe of countjumping?
2. Is it really necessary to do a doubleduck (russain-duck) in the prestrafe? A duckjump wouldn't do the same effect?

I know I'm a bit complicated but I'd really appreciate if you could help me out :)



Greetings

fizik05/09/2010 00:45(edited 05/09/2010 00:45)

Originally posted by fak sqk neb
Originally posted by c-walkerrrr`
NFS also did 269

ye, but i don't trust him..


+1,Avatars better at CJ anyways.

PuRPoSe05/09/2010 05:41

well, some1 did 270block already??
btw, Avatar is CJ genius undoubtedly

aftermatch-_-05/09/2010 12:01

jack frog, the thing you do is crouching, im using it in regular cs as well. But in a countjump you must not hit CTRL because this kills your speed. If you hit ctrl its a different style of jump. Its called "standup cj". To do a proper cj you dont need to hit ctrl at all. just run, only scroll to duck, turn, strafe, and duck with ctrl as a final landing.
The thing you're talking about, the standup cj can be used for trickjumps or some tricky/risky jumps in a run. Its actualy very helpfull in duckbhop parts and so on. But as i said for the normal cj you dont need to hit ctrl when you crouch, only scroll.

jack frog07/09/2010 15:49

Wow dude, it is really a practise thing! I've tried to do your "scoop"-down trick in the prestrafe. I couldn't really master that one, then I remembered your words "you can see this in qb's 266 demo too , but he is looking up". I tried this because I'm used to look at the floor in long jumping and see... it worked! 246 block cj with 252 stats :D

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7791/cj246preright.jpg

Thanks alot man. Your tutorial and answers to my questions really helped me out!

tiaomacale07/09/2010 18:17

Aftermatch the first page link is broken. I appreciate if you can fix.

thanks

aftermatch-_-07/09/2010 20:41

Reuploaded the first demo, or i think it is, anyway its for prestrafe

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eua8rg

jack frog29/09/2010 00:57

How comes the top 5 cj records start from 267 to 269, while the top 5 dcj records start from 270 to 272 units? Is this just coincidence or does dcj give you some extra boost?

Page 4 of 5

Please log in to post replies.