Last Movie you have seen

Started by nucLeaR
29/05/2010 21:58
Page 58 of 69
Mik003/12/2012 06:03

Originally posted by WeMeRA
Name: It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
Rate: 10/10
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038650/
Description: An angel helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman by showing what life would have been like if he never existed.

This is the best movie I've ever seen. The movie really touches my heart, it shows the value of having really good friends and helping others. The movie is in black and white, but don't let that scare you away. The movie is really great, a must see.

haha I happened to watch it a week ago.My steam profile name is just 《It's a wonderful life》atm.it's wonderful indeed.James Stewart is so good an actor,noboday can imitate his perfect voice.and the story is kinda forward at that time. i'd give 10/10 too.

Remote03/12/2012 13:50

There is also a coloured version of It's a Wonderful Life, if anyone is interested, but put off by B/W.

WeMeRA03/12/2012 21:15(edited 04/12/2012 00:29)

Originally posted by Remote
There is also a coloured version of It's a Wonderful Life, if anyone is interested, but put off by B/W.


Yeah I know, but I won't see the colourized version. The original is in b/w and should not be changed.

EDIT: I actually watched some parts of the colourized version. And the whole movie seems to be happier, gives a better feeling I must admit. But I still recommend to see the b/w version, because it's the orginial and you must not change the orginial, esp not on a movie good as this one.

Mathzz09/12/2012 07:03

Sinister

Great movie, overused plot, alright scares and good acting.

finzer11/12/2012 14:53(edited 11/12/2012 15:03)

Beasts of the southern wild 2012
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2125435/
plot: Faced with both her hot-tempered father's fading health and melting ice-caps that flood her ramshackle bayou community and unleash ancient aurochs, six-year-old Hushpuppy must learn the ways of courage and love.

incredible experience. watching this film is one of the best thing that happened to me lately. <3 Hushpuppy<3
the last shot is the most beautiful one i've ever seen in a film.
i higly recommend it for everyone. you've never seen anything quite like this movie.
9.5/10 indie movie at its best http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZF7i2n5NXLo

Mik019/12/2012 19:00


Name:The Killing(1956)
Rate:10/10
another movie by my favourite director Stanley Kubrick.It's about a rob by some both smart and stupid guys.I bet u will be thrilled at the whole story,and amazed at the end ROFLing.And btw,I bet u all have seen《pulp fiction》,well,Quentin just imatated the story-telling from 《the killing》,u cant miss it.

CamelCloudrecord holder19/12/2012 20:31

A Christmas Carol (1984 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087056/) 8/10

Great christmas movie to get you into the good old christmas spirit. George Scott delivers as always a class act.

Mik019/12/2012 20:43

Originally posted by CamelCloud
A Christmas Carol (1984 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087056/) 8/10

Great christmas movie to get you into the good old christmas spirit. George Scott delivers as always a class act.

dunno this one. George C. Scott the guy who also played in 《Patton》and 《Dr.Strangelove》?if that,I must have to see it.

finzer21/12/2012 18:29

Virgin suicides (dir. sofia coppola) 1999
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159097/
5/10

Somewhere (dir. sofia coppola) 2010
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1421051/
3/10

too much talk for my taste. i'll never understand why she is considered a talented filmmaker... maybe cuz of her daddyyyy dunno

mmmsas21/12/2012 19:11

Madison Ivy & Bill Bailey in Naughty Office 2012
was nice 9/10

CamelCloudrecord holder21/12/2012 19:19

Originally posted by Mik0
Originally posted by CamelCloud
A Christmas Carol (1984 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087056/) 8/10

Great christmas movie to get you into the good old christmas spirit. George Scott delivers as always a class act.

dunno this one. George C. Scott the guy who also played in 《Patton》and 《Dr.Strangelove》?if that,I must have to see it.


Yup, that's him.

Bu7ler21/12/2012 19:25

Miss Little Sunshine (2006) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449059/

I liked the movie. 8 out of 10.

Mik021/12/2012 22:25

Originally posted by finzEr
Virgin suicides (dir. sofia coppola) 1999
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159097/
5/10

Somewhere (dir. sofia coppola) 2010
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1421051/
3/10

too much talk for my taste. i'll never understand why she is considered a talented filmmaker... maybe cuz of her daddyyyy dunno

havent watched the 2nd one,but the 1st is really something,the ending is so cold and makes people think. ofc she got some reputation from her daddy who did the executive producer job for her.but I dont think she's bad.her movies are all concerned with feminine and show something to the audience,the society,kinda similar to Jane Campion.
and dude if you dont like too much talk in the movie,I'd recommend u Sofia's《lost in translation》 starred by Scarlett Johannson the sexy godness ;P
I bet it wont let u down

finzer21/12/2012 22:36(edited 21/12/2012 22:37)

^ "lost in translation" is her only good film imo. "Marie Antoinette"was a real pain in the ass to watch. but yeah thats only my opinion :D, i know a lot of ppl who love all of her films. i just don't... they don't speak to me at all.

finzer24/12/2012 04:00

Fitzcarraldo 1982
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083946/
plot :The story of Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald, an extremely determined man who intends to build an opera house in the middle of a jungle.
again awesome collab' of the mad Herzog and Kinski
8.5/10

evuly25/12/2012 13:30

The Cabin in the Woods (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/

5/10

I'm kinda tired of this cliché of young people going out in the forest and getting killed one after another, though I liked the idea of the movie.

Bu7ler25/12/2012 21:48(edited 25/12/2012 21:49)

Scarface (1983) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/

The story spread slowly, and it was "stretched" imo, I also didn't like the character that Al Pacino was playing. So, not my cup of tea. I'd give it 6 out of 10.

Bu7ler26/12/2012 21:35

So. I watched "A Wonderful Life". I watched colourized version, because I don't like black and white movies. It was quite enjoyable movie. 7/10.

CanCer26/12/2012 22:05

I got a tip by a friend to watch the movie "Catch me if you can" it was one of the best movies i've ever watched, all who has not seen it yet should watch it now! :D 10/10 from me!

nucLeaR26/12/2012 23:10

Anna Karenina (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1781769/?licb=0.06675547757185996
7/10
Not really my genre, not a drama fan. As the IMDB description says, it's about the 19th century russian society. I found it pretty boring on parts, but then again, I'm not an expert so I might be wrong.


The Hobbit: An unexpected journey
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/?licb=0.7684015934355557
9/10
I was so pumped up to see the movie because I've always been a LOTR fan. It went exactly as I hope, even thought on some parts they might've added too much action, while on some parts they had too much wasted time (the riddle battle, for example). I really want to see the next 2 movies and also I set my mind up to reading the books.

Page 58 of 69

Please log in to post replies.