Last Movie you have seen
Gangster Squad 3/5
Disappointed after seeing Gangster Squad. I was really looking forward to it as gangster/mafia movies are my favourites, but GS is just another movie which will be forgotten. Simple and very straight plot with no twist and boring events, few invincible men chasing another one.
Ryan Gosling will never be a true gangsta and he is just too sweet for such a movie but there had to be some way how to bring woman audience into cinemas... :)
Luckily there is Django Unchained coming tomorrow so I am definitely going to see that to fix my recent damaged movie experience.
Watched "Never Back Down" for a second time. And I must say I really enjoy this movie. 9 out of 10.
Django Unchained - 9/10 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853728/?licb=0.3814121372997761 )
What a movie to kick off 2013 with. Tarantino and Waltz will never fail, I just fucking love these two guys. Waltz' performance in Inglorious Basterds was hard to top, and his effort in Django Unchained will not be forgotten. Jamie Foxx was also surprisingly good, he hasn't had much good since Collateral and Ray. Leonardo DiCaprio I don't even have to mention, top class no matter what. Samuel L. Jackson also did a top notch act, he also works great with Tarantino as we've seen in Pulp Fiction.
So overall, this was a joy to watch, Quentin Tarantino delivers yet another superb movie!
Django Unchained.
Probably the bloodiest western movie out there... Just loved it.
10/10
lol Pu9,camel,shnz,u guys all have watched Django Unchained.It must be enjoyable.As a fan of Quentin,I cant wait to see his new picture.But I dont want to go theatre.Maybe i can dl it a few days later.
Originally posted by Mik0lol Pu9,camel,shnz,u guys all have watched Django Unchained.It must be enjoyable.As a fan of Quentin,I cant wait to see his new picture.But I dont want to go theatre.Maybe i can dl it a few days later.
I watched a leaked copy last night, tonight I'm going to the norwegian premiere in my city to watch it again.
So I watched Silver Linings Playbook (2012) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1045658/
I liked it. Incredible performances by Lawrence and Cooper. No wonder the movie got 8 Oscar nominates. Brilliant. I'd give it 9 out of 10.
just came home from theaters where i experienced django unchained. this is probably the best tarantino's flick the dude's ever made. the soundtrack was top notch, actors at their best, and tarantino's direction was so detailed and accurate, better than his previous films... that means a lot :)
camelcloud, i'm sure you will feel like discovering a whole different film if you watch it on a big ass 'screen'. the experience is truely awesome.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail(1975)
8/10
what da hell I have watched just nowï¼The story couldn't be worse, which makes the film itself couldn't be better either at the same time.Heard of it be4 coz it's quite famous, the only one in this pure comedy type that was ever ranked top 50 in IMDB.And just watched this great nonsense, really broke my balls and made me lol many times. It's just a piece of shit and would make u laugh the shit of urselfï¼How could some1 made such a lmao-genius style picture over 30 years agoï¼And it's a British one,u know how the Englishmen got the sense of humor.Oh,btw the director also made the nice sci-fi movie "Twelve Monkeys" some years later.
Originally posted by Mik0Monty Python and the Holy Grail(1975)
8/10
what da hell I have watched just nowï¼The story couldn't be worse, which makes the film itself couldn't be better either at the same time.Heard of it be4 coz it's quite famous, the only one in this pure comedy type that was ever ranked top 50 in IMDB.And just watched this great nonsense, really broke my balls and made me lol many times. It's just a piece of shit and would make u laugh the shit of urselfï¼How could some1 made such a lmao-genius style picture over 30 years agoï¼And it's a British one,u know how the Englishmen got the sense of humor.Oh,btw the director also made the nice sci-fi movie "Twelve Monkeys" some years later.
"Some years later". That made my day.
Bu7ler, you are such a cinemaddict.
Watched The Words (2012) today. Great movie, great script, some room for romantic. Deserves a top3 in my list of favorite movies of 2012.
Originally posted by finzErcamelcloud, i'm sure you will feel like discovering a whole different film if you watch it on a big ass 'screen'. the experience is truely awesome.
It sure was a better experience with HD and amazing sound on the amazing soundtrack.
This is definitely one of his better movies, but I'm not quite sure if it still tops the awesomeness that Pulp Fiction was. I was also missing Tim Roth in this movie since they've done like 2 or 3 movies already together.
I have just watched Silver Linings Playbook and i can say this is the first bomb of this year, many others to come, but this Lawrence girl impresses me everytime.. can't wait for Hunger games 2 in December.
Have seen Django Unchained but going again :D Just loved it. 10/10
The Prestige - 9/10 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482571/ )
Another great mind twister by Christopher Nolan. Saw it a few years back when it came out on DVD, but had to rewatch it considering how brilliant it is. Bale, Jackman, Caine and Johansson in one movie? Yes, please.
Camel,ye The Prestige is also one of the 6 (or 7) movies that I have watched twice.what can u expect from this genius Nolan? :D always brings us excellent story.
OT:
Alfred Hitchcock's Rope(1948)
9.5/10
damn,as a big fan of Hitchcock,how come I didnt watch this masterpiece till last night? :lol: If it werent for Jimmy Stewart's 1st cooperation with Hitchcock'I would probably put it off more.
let me ask u guys,have u ever watched a movie that seems to go with only one single continuous shot?Here it is,ladies and gentlemen,Mik0 prensents u Alfred Hitchcock's Rope.
Well in fact,due to the limit of the 35mm camera at that time,they cant take a shot more than 10 mins with negative.However,a brilliant idea came to Hitchcock,he divided the 80-min movie into ten long takes and perfectly put them together with transition,which makes the whole movie looks like being made with one shot all the way to the end.What a creatively historic picture! It just had a strong effect on the film indusry.
And here is what Wikipedia says: This film is one of Hitchcock's most experimental and "one of the most interesting experiments ever attempted by a major director working with big box-office names", abandoning many standard film techniques to allow for the long unbroken scenes. Each shot ran continuously for up to ten minutes without interruption. It was shot on a single set, aside from the opening establishing shot street scene under the credits. Camera moves were carefully planned and there was almost no editing.
About the plot,it's more than bravo.As the Master of Suspence,Hitchcock tells the story in his old ways—begin with a crime,show the facts like telling who is the murderer and how he committed it,then let the audience guess what would happen next but strike them with unexcepted ending.I bet u will have a hard breath during watching it.
aha so much I've typed blah blah :D just thumbs up to this great movie and it comes on the list of my favourite ones. :)
The Grandmasters(2013)
8/10
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462900/
Directed by Wong Kar-wai
Starred by Tony Leung and Zhang Ziyi
this is the 1st Chinese movie I mention here. I just watched this movie tonight.it was released on Jan.8 this year in China but also realeased in the Netherlands 3 months ago. China. It will also be the opening film at the 63rd Berlin International Film Festival in February 2013, just 4 days later.
well, if u are a real movie fan, I bet u have heard of Wong Kar-wai,who is regarded as one of the excellent directors nowadays, who has ever acheived Best Director Award (Cannes Film Festival) in 1997. Wong was also the President of the Jury at both the 2006 Cannes Film Festival and the 2013 Berlin International Film Festival. And he once worked with Michelangelo Antonioni, a master director in movie history, they made 《Eros》.and Tony Leung is quite famous too, who has been awarded Best Actor Award (Cannes Film Festival) in 2000.
this is the 1st time that Wong made a kungfu movie, based on the life story of the Wing Chun grandmaster Yip Man. in this movie u can see several kinds of famous Chinese kungfu, and all the kungfu just looks amazing with Wong's uber directing such as nice atmosphere setting and the using of slow motion. I enjoyed it much even I'm not a great fan of action movie.btw this time, Wong made this movie easier to understand, it's for common taste, not as his previous art movie.
I strongly recommend this movie to u guys.It is the 1st that I have this willing.but dunno how the movie lines work in english, it's just perfect in chinese that i'm afraid english cant make it.
tony leung rocks
Scarface because why not.
Identity (2003)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0309698/
It's rated as horror, but it was more a thriller, in my opinion. It was an interesting story, with a twist in the end.
7/10
Source Code(2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0945513/
The good old "bomb in the train" story, remake 450 (thousand). The idea of the movie could've been a great Sci-fi, but the lack of external information kind of turned it down. I think they realized this, so the put the main actor ask a thousand questions, but never received a good answer. It was like watching the presidential debate before elections. Quite funny.
6/10
Please log in to post replies.