kreedz bot player

09/07/2010 11:57
Page 1 of 3

Hello everyone. I was sitting here bored and watching forums XJ until I found an old theme http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?30241 that gave me an idea: to make a ghost bot (semi-clip or dono how in english) that will repeating the wr run while your run (like in defrag. If someone played it he will understand).

I think its possible to do a such bot, cuz it is already exist in q3.

The question is WHO CAN DO SUCH A BOT ?


I hope you understand my uber english knowledges

Fliborecord holder Tournament #209/07/2010 12:09

Quake 3 and Half-Life use different engines. I think to make this you would have to make a plugin which can load and analyze a demo and copy movements (and the start point) from it. I'm not sure if a plugin can do that.

beg1ner 1337¼09/07/2010 12:52

Originally posted by Flibo
Quake 3 and Half-Life use different engines. I think to make this you would have to make a plugin which can load and analyze a demo and copy movements (and the start point) from it. I'm not sure if a plugin can do that.


Then we shall make "ZE TING" !!!

Ggs`09/07/2010 13:33(edited 09/07/2010 13:34)

great idea,it will be big novation in kreedz,if its possible ofcourse :)

HitManz Tournament #209/07/2010 16:43

Big + for the idea but damn you need a lot of patience and knowledge to do this.. GL

Hartelion09/07/2010 17:15(edited 09/07/2010 17:20)

I think the easiest, but maybe not the best method would be to make a demo analyser that will have an option like: "export waypoints". Which will create a text file containing every position in the demo. And then make a plugin that will create a bot which will move to all the positions located in that text file. The text file would have to be huge, but that's just an idea. Maybe some brainiac will come up with a better one.

Originally posted by HitManz
Big + for the idea but damn you need a lot of patience and knowledge to do this.. GL


I don't need cuz I don't know anything about that scripting :) I just published my idea, and I want to know if it pos. And ofc would be very nice to realize it.
i think some great coders/scripter have some ideas.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #209/07/2010 17:31

Originally posted by TheAngel
I think the easiest, but maybe not the best method would be to make a demo analyser that will have an option like: "export waypoints". Which will create a text file containing every position in the demo. And then make a plugin that will create a bot which will move to all the positions located in that text file. The text file would have to be huge, but that's just an idea. Maybe some brainiac will come up with a better one.

Actually that sounds like the most possible idea I've heard so far. Not every position, but it could save the position every 0,1 seconds for example.

koukouz mapperrecord holder09/07/2010 18:01

but it will never be accepted to record, cause it would give an advantage that the previous runner didnt have

Hartelion09/07/2010 19:32

Yes, demo recording should be forbidden during the use of the kz bot but it would be great for training.

WownuK;09/07/2010 20:10

really interesting.. it could help you while training.. if the bot is behind you then you will make a better time. just for you to know if you are close to wr or not and which jumps you have to train..

-STK-09/07/2010 22:31

Seems like the idea is based on HLAE option export_cammotion , it copies all the camera movement , waypoints just like TheAngel said.

dex7eR`09/07/2010 22:32(edited 09/07/2010 22:33)

ye nice idea =)
maybe to make coding easier it could be some kind of little shining sphere or smth. :D not player model. =)

Fliborecord holder Tournament #209/07/2010 23:17

Originally posted by koukouz
but it will never be accepted to record, cause it would give an advantage that the previous runner didnt have

I don't see why it should be any more forbidden than a plugin timer or lj stats.

Hartelion09/07/2010 23:54

Originally posted by -STK-
Seems like the idea is based on HLAE option export_cammotion , it copies all the camera movement , waypoints just like TheAngel said.


I didn't even know HLAE has that option, the idea just came in my mind. :D

sDM10/07/2010 00:20

rlly sick, even sicker if it DID actually happen :)
time will tell ;)..

Gargoyle10/07/2010 03:47

Thought of this idea the first time I saw a racing game with this option. Probably not the only one who thinks this is old suggestion, but +1 for actually making a thread out of it. +2 for the person who actually does this plugin, awesome recording assist.

PS. The ghost thingie doesn't have to be the actual person playing, it can be a dot following the block speed (according to the demo)(like in karaoke). If this makes it anyway easier to make, you're welcome.

ajuhhhhh10/07/2010 04:00

Nice idea shock, I hope someone will create it =)

Yamakasi10/07/2010 10:18

iLLo did it .
But if I remember right , the bot/ghost was only active ~5-10 sec . He didnt finished the plugin though.

Hartelion10/07/2010 13:12

An eDark + NumB cooperation would be great here.

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.