kreedz bot player

09/07/2010 11:57
Page 2 of 3

Originally posted by Yamakasi
iLLo did it .
But if I remember right , the bot/ghost was only active ~5-10 sec . He didnt finished the plugin though.

Nice! But why did he stoped. He should continue with it.

Yamakasi10/07/2010 17:21

Well this was a long time ago like 1.5 year .
I don't know if he's still playing cs or at least coding :/

Hartelion10/07/2010 22:22

Then... no offence, but knowing that he did it is useless unless it's 100% done, and he can share it with us.

remake10/07/2010 22:34

I guess it could be made with a amxx plugin too (takes waypoints out of the original demo and then moves a player model by that).. I guess, not sure though.
But the idea is great, looking forward to see somebody really doing that.

Vee mapper VIP11/07/2010 00:17

I'll try reaching eDark on making that idea happen, since I'm a programmer. Wish me luck, haha!

Hartelion11/07/2010 01:04

Good luck :D. What languages do you know?

RAJU11/07/2010 01:27

nice idea .

Vee mapper VIP11/07/2010 02:00

Originally posted by TheAngel
Good luck :D. What languages do you know?


I currently work as a game programmer (in C++). Pawn is a bit odd, but still same thing, languages differ mostly by syntax.

PoshitO22/07/2010 21:49

kreedz 10 players race

i took this idea from the kreedz-bot idea, which is basically take a run from one player and made a bot do it the same way so you can see which parts you are slower than the wr holder.

Well if this idea can become a fact, i think it will be awesome to take the best 10 runs from players and make them "race" at the same time.

Originally posted by TheAngel
Then... no offence, but knowing that he did it is useless unless it's 100% done, and he can share it with us.

I don't think thats useless, what is more that information is usefull. So since we all know that the bot were partly done in fact, we can say that it is possible to do such bot, and maybe creator can tell us the way to do it. That will be innovate in kreedz world.

Scary Tournament #222/07/2010 23:29

Would be nothing less than EPIC!

pepirecord holder VIP28/07/2010 04:47

great idea, the game Mirrors Edge had the same thing (called a ghost-run) and it helped me improve substantially (I had the wr of the prologue map for a few months in 2007 after carefully analysing the way the top player played) and I think this will improve anyones gameplay dramatically if this gets through.

kielorz28/07/2010 12:03

HAI
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=777433
BAI

p.s. only works if the ghost was recorded paralelly with t3h demo

p.p.s. if you really wanna it can be made so it will automatically record new ghost upon pressing startbutton

Fliborecord holder Tournament #228/07/2010 12:08

Originally posted by I RUSSIA!
HAI
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=777433
BAI

p.s. only works if the ghost was recorded paralelly with t3h demo

p.p.s. if you really wanna it can be made so it will automatically record new ghost upon pressing startbutton

Yeah, so that just requires everyone to use this plugin when recording world records :| And it can't be done on old runs. This isn't really what we looked for.

kielorz28/07/2010 15:18

it is possible to make program that will create ghost file from demo file (everything depends on edark with his new project -_-)

Murvelman28/07/2010 20:26

I remember searching for a plugin like this on alliedmods and it has been brought up a few times before aswell but it seems as if we're finally getting anywhere!

Lt.RAT28/07/2010 23:52

Yeah, "Ghost Recorder" is a nice plugin, but in my opinion it could be much much better...

Sorry guys, but i have only 2 WR demos in my collection :D And haven`t kz_synergy_x map file :D Can`t test both demos :( but kz_man_redrock works fine.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ab5ye1

PS 2 WR demos (kz_man_redrock and kz_synergy_x) for "record_rendermode" plugin from http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=87314

7m45n5bwvr87301/03/2015 02:49

i always thought of something like that and ive made a proof of concept but with a really really bad code

Originally posted by I RUSSIA!
HAI
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=777433
BAI

p.s. only works if the ghost was recorded paralelly with t3h demo

p.p.s. if you really wanna it can be made so it will automatically record new ghost upon pressing startbutton

Lol I have no idea how I missed this post and the later ones. This plugin does work on 64 bit system but it happened that both this plugin and my lan plugin share the same command name ("/demomenu") so when you try to activate menu, kzdemo is the menu that will be available. Here is an altered version with "/ghostmenu" instead of "/demomenu", if you anyone is interested to try it out http://www.xup.in/dl,13449016/record_rendermode.amxx/

It sucks though that it only replays your own recorded runs and that when you start the run with "run replay" being already on, you have to sync his start with yours that you're doing live so you started simultanesously.

hm^ mapper VIP01/03/2015 16:43

gladius =)

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.