Do you belive god exist ?

Started by Pulsar!
23/07/2011 16:48
Page 2 of 5
Gargoyle23/07/2011 23:51

Just that: http://hachidori.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/captain-obvious.jpg

jack frog24/07/2011 00:23

Originally posted by Bu7ler
No, I don't believe that god exists.

Hey sup! (: Did I meet you on iPlay or Phoogie? I forgot, lol

DiDo-Grecord holder24/07/2011 00:46

no demo no proof

propanelj record holder24/07/2011 00:51

http://www.google.se/imgres?q=haruhi+is+god&um=1&hl=sv&tbm=isch&tbnid=o1evvndtkOLqZM:&imgrefurl=http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/threads/42529-The-Melancholy-of-Haruhi-Suzumiya&docid=HruIfdFq5yGhjM&w=640&h=365&ei=P00rTqKyOorOsgbGsOzrCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=135&vpy=111&dur=2451&hovh=169&hovw=297&tx=192&ty=83&page=1&tbnh=113&tbnw=198&start=0&ndsp=9&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&biw=810&bih=635
This is god

jack frog24/07/2011 01:07

No, this is god http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/characters/non-human/god.jpg

nucLeaR24/07/2011 01:26

Originally posted by Gargoyle
It's no coincidence that the smartest people (wether it's IQ or achievements done to mankind (fuck art or culture) are mostly atheists.



I may not know many 'famous' people that were atheists but I know that both Einstein and Hawking were Christians.

Also, I don't think you should care what other people believe in, that's the beauty of believing in God, it allows you to make the decisions you think are good like believing or not. It's your option.

PS: I'm not a huge Christian, I barley go to church on Easter, Christmas and other rare occasions, but I really don't like those people saying 'Dude, I was brought here by Mother Terrea so I can live my life the way I like and then die. What or why am I here? It doesn't matter as long as I live the moment.'

VErzuZ24/07/2011 04:01

I believe in the flying spaghetti monster http://www.venganza.org/ . It exists cuz no one can prove otherwise!

No seriously religion is so stupid. Especially when you believe what the Bible says. It says so many stupid things and not much of it makes sense at all! Why even waste your time believing in a fairy tale.

If something strange would happen, and i would try to figure out how it could happen and whats causing it, religious people are just lazy and wont try to figure it out them self. They already have the answer to everything. OH it was GOD! It's this laziness that have caused this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__BZVhHDzeV0/Rx8DP-Axx5I/AAAAAAAABIU/3VoyNlO7tDc/s320/DarkAges.gif !

Lets say i am religious and i was just in a car crash where i crashed straight in to another car. I would survive, would that be a miracle even if there were two kids in the other car that died? Well according to most religious people it would be!

maximaLz24/07/2011 04:56(edited 24/07/2011 05:00)

tbh, and i'm sorry if there are any believers out there, but this is my own opinion, and it's going against any god's existence, so if you can't handle it, don't read it.

imo, "god" is something that human created to explain what he couldn't explain, and so, what he was AFRAID of. The problem is, religion and science have been fighting each other for a very long time, and by now, most of the things that were at the origin of religion, I believe, have been explained by science. I'm totally believing in darwin's theory about evolution. And I'm totally believing that there are causes to things that happen like tsunamis or such things, I mean a scientifical cause. I can't believe that there is any god out there that is playing each single day with thousands of life, playing sims you see. That just doesn't make sense at all.

But I still respect people who believes in things like that, because some people just need something to believe in, otherwise they wouldn't be able to wake up each single morning and maybe being doctor, being fireman, police man and these others profession where u can see a lot of violence / death and stuff like that.
I still do think that the BASES of the religion was made upon unexplicable facts, but nowadays it has become something that people needs, having faith, to face the real world. Thinking than everything was made for a good purpose is a very positive way of life, but I personnally can't see why the heck do someone butchered a 8 years old (~or so) little girl in france.

EDIT : About the "way I'm living" stuff that nucleaR mentioned, I totally do believe that our future is already written. I do believe in the theory that involves the fact that every single moment is happening a multiple of time with delay.. I don't know how it is called, but I do believe in the fact that our future, past and present are happening right now, had happened, and will happen.

Ggs`24/07/2011 05:59

to be short, yes :] I belive, but not more. I don't visit church and etc.

Dragon24/07/2011 09:25

Back in the days there was a similar thread here and I promised myself not to be dragged in religious disputes again, because it's sort of pointless with the amount of theologists-amateurs and know-it-alls on this site. But I feel obliged to defend what I believe in so let me explain a few things.
I'm gonna talk to you maximalZ, because you represent a prototype of an atheist and you used classic arguments that most people that have ever been involved in this kind of debate came across.

Firstly, religion and science don't oppose each other. I always rather say they together form a big puzzle of our understanding of the universe. The church has accepted Darwin's theory long time ago and is not rejecting Big Bang or similar theories. What is important for us Christians is that the first impulse for life or matter creation originated from a higher entity - God. The rest is science and no Christian should argue about it. I myself as a medicine student can be called a scientist, and still I don't feel like what I learn every day about the complexity of human body is contradictory to God's existence; to me it's more like an indirect proof.

Another thing mentioned here is the meaning of Bible. For heaven's sake, please. Bible can NOT be interpreted literally. The Bible is written in symbols and metaphores. I hope you didn't think that let's say Einstein believed that Earth was created in exactly 7 days. Again, it's a metaphore for a long time that the process of life-creation lasted.

And of course. We have the argument "why God lets evil happen in this world, why didn't he do something when [insert random tragedy, murder]. Well guess what, God did not create evil. We humans did. One of the greatest gifts God has given us is the gift of free will, and it is only on us what we make of it. In these days when "freedom" becomes such an important and delicate matter, how would you like a divine intervention that would turn us to good-doing machines? Yes, machines, because that is what we would be if we were programmed for doing good. We'd have no choice and would be no different from animals. Apart from this fact, without evil, how would you know what s good? The free will is one of the things that make people who they are.

I'm surprised you haven't pulled an ace up your sleeve with mentioning crusades, dark ages of our history and persecutions of heathens. Or even a royal flush by pointing out the pedophile priests. I don't want to go too deep into this matter, but in a few words : the church made many mistakes that were admitted by the highest representatives and they apologized for it. The church consists of people and people make mistakes. The problem is - the evil deeds the church had unquestionably made were always more prominent, because the church should be an example of the right way of life and a carrier of moral values. The same goes with pedophile priests. When was the last time you read in newspaper that some priest helped homeless people, educated socially weak children or in some way contributed to improve quality of someone's life? A long time ago, I guess. People just don't read this stuff. People are interested in scandals, and the media know that. Of course it is important to inform about deviant people like those pedophile priests. But there is no equilibrium between the bad and the good news which creates the image of the church as a spawning pool of mentally ill people. To conclude this paragraph, let me ask you a rhetorical question. Who do you think is a true member of the church - the one who claims it or the one who lives according to it?

Thank you if you have made it this far. Sorry for such an epic post, probably the longest since I've registered here, but religion is simply a topic far too complex to be covered in only a few sentences. I hope I've given you a clear perspective of a Christian about some most discussed matters. I know I haven't converted any stray lamb ( :D ) but it was my duty to say this (and I kinda like religious discussions ).

Gargoyle24/07/2011 10:06

Originally posted by nucLeaR
Originally posted by Gargoyle
It's no coincidence that the smartest people (wether it's IQ or achievements done to mankind (fuck art or culture) are mostly atheists.



I may not know many 'famous' people that were atheists but I know that both Einstein and Hawking were Christians.


Ehm. Hawking was attending at a school where every one was Christian. Later when school was over he did not follow the steps of his fellow classmates. Other thing is that his ex-wife during their divorce said that Hawking is in fact an atheist. Though Hawking said he doesn't believe in God in the normal sense. A sense probably only he can understand. The fact is that he's what you call a custom christian.

And lol Einstein. First off, he was jewish (worlds famous at that). Secondly he only chose to be jewish because he could not stay in Prague without being tied to a religion. Among MANY other reasons why he was in a religion.

V0ncH...24/07/2011 10:25(edited 24/07/2011 10:27)

this thread is gna bring up big problems -.-
and not even gna say anything tho, unless its face to face, cuz internet debate is pointless

anaLchy24/07/2011 11:08

Originally posted by jack frog
No, this is god http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/characters/non-human/god.jpg


i like you

Mathzz24/07/2011 11:23(edited 24/07/2011 11:38)

The bible God FTW..

Stakezz'24/07/2011 11:31

ofc yes

finzer24/07/2011 12:53

no religions no wars

Puppey24/07/2011 12:57

War changes people but war never changes. War is funny that way.

maximaLz24/07/2011 14:01

Hey Dragon, first of all I read your entire post :P
Second, I'm purely atheist, that's true, and I've never brought any attention to the whole religious story, so yeah, I don't quite know a lot, but I believe (at least I did believe) that religion and scientists were opposed a very long time ago, nowadays I don't know what's going on between these, but I guess they're living together pretty well, otherwise that'd be mentionned all the time.

Originally posted by Dragon
Another thing mentioned here is the meaning of Bible. For heaven's sake, please. Bible can NOT be interpreted literally. The Bible is written in symbols and metaphores. I hope you didn't think that let's say Einstein believed that Earth was created in exactly 7 days. Again, it's a metaphore for a long time that the process of life-creation lasted.


I don't know if you're still talking right to me over here, but if yes, of course I know this is metaphores. I repeat myself, but I do respect Christians, or any other religions, I just can't be into it, probably because my education was made without religion stuff.. idk.


Originally posted by Dragon
And of course. We have the argument "why God lets evil happen in this world, why didn't he do something when [insert random tragedy, murder]. Well guess what, God did not create evil. We humans did. One of the greatest gifts God has given us is the gift of free will, and it is only on us what we make of it. In these days when "freedom" becomes such an important and delicate matter, how would you like a divine intervention that would turn us to good-doing machines? Yes, machines, because that is what we would be if we were programmed for doing good. We'd have no choice and would be no different from animals. Apart from this fact, without evil, how would you know what s good? The free will is one of the things that make people who they are.


I kinda have to agree about this, except the fact that I'm not believing in god, so yeah. Free will made it so. What I meant by talking about "the evilness" ,as you say, of god is to point out the fact that many people believe in God to find a reason to these [insert murders and stuff], some of them are saying that there is always a good cause to things to happen, even these (that's what Scrubs taught me btw).. And I quite don't agree, but I feel respectful for these people cuz this is what give them the courage to wake up and face another day.

Originally posted by Dragon
I'm surprised you haven't pulled an ace up your sleeve with mentioning crusades, dark ages of our history and persecutions of heathens. Or even a royal flush by pointing out the pedophile priests.


(If you're still talking right to me) :
I'm not looking to burry down the church, nor the religion. I know that there have been mistakes that have been made, but hey, you told it, we're human. And we've been "gifted" (pointing this out cuz I'm not really into that "gift" thing) of free will, so there will ALWAYS be mistakes, even from the best, or the "examples", the one that are intended to show us what we should be doing. And to be honest, I'm not into story of crusades etc.. I don't even remember the only one that I studied in class, that's probably why I don't wanna enter that conflict, I'm no ease on this topic. Anyway the point of what i'm saying is that I'm not here to BURRY the church down, or religion. I'm extremely respectful and tolerant for everyone, and I don't have any problem with people believing any other things that what I believe in.

@Dragon : Thanks for the cultural touch though, i'm not there to fight, just to debate man, cheers :)

SKR1NER[' NN124/07/2011 17:31

absolutely no!

akkord mapper24/07/2011 17:44(edited 24/07/2011 20:38)

lol bible haha a book thats written by humans and rewritten 100 of times, changing its meaning by 100% everytime, making it not a book of god but a book of human lies

Page 2 of 5

Please log in to post replies.