Do you belive god exist ?

Started by Pulsar!
23/07/2011 16:48
Page 3 of 5
Dragon24/07/2011 18:23

yeah, this is exactly the kind of theologist-amateurs I've been talking about.

Chichin mapperrecord holder24/07/2011 18:39

This thread should be closed, it is known fact that religion threads usually end up with neverending discussion. Having one on a kreedz website is pointless.
Sorry for being offtopic.

PepoMerca24/07/2011 20:32

god does not exist.

Pulsar!24/07/2011 20:49

Originally posted by Gamster
god does not exist.

Prove your statment.

Gargoyle24/07/2011 20:53(edited 24/07/2011 21:08)

This thread should not be removed unless a flamewar or whips of insults come.

Dragon there is no such thing as a theologist-professional. And may I say, you sound condescending while saying so.

Dragon, just because none of us have studied theology, and may I say does mean squat if you have when it comes to arguing of God vs. Science doesn't mean we cannot argue of it.

There's my other topic. You say science and religion goes hand in hand. You also said that evolution theory was accepted long time ago. That's wrong. It was just recently said by the Pope of Catholic church that he MIGHT think it's possible. There is probably no church on Earth which has had evolution spoken of as it was true. And evolution theory is a proven scientific fact, since long ago. Recently it has had a better reception. Because, well it's a fact.

If science and religion would be working hand in hand why is it that religion has to even ACCEPT evolution theory? If they were working hand in hand, there would be no arguments of it and no god damn Pope would need to say 'It's possible'.

I'll turn into religion way before I accept it's a partner of science.

Punk^24/07/2011 23:35(edited 24/07/2011 23:35)

No, I don't believe in any God.
Science have all the answers I need.

aftermatch-_-25/07/2011 00:16

I haven't read the comments above me, and I'm just going to leave my opinion ->
Ye, I believe in God. My parents are religious and so am I. I don't doubt if it's real or not. It doesn't matter actually. There are moments in life when I turn to God. Hard, demotivational moments, and just by believing in something makes me feel better somehow. I don't need to know if he's real or not, each person chooses whether to believe or not. All I can say is that I believe in God, and I always try to distinguish good and evil. It makes me want to be a better man.

Kraeft26/07/2011 23:07

Dragon, but 2000 years ago, was the Bible interpreted literally back then, with humans in general not being very intellectually refined and all?

Originally posted by aftermatch-_-
I haven't read the comments above me, and I'm just going to leave my opinion ->
Ye, I believe in God. My parents are religious and so am I. I don't doubt if it's real or not. It doesn't matter actually. There are moments in life when I turn to God. Hard, demotivational moments, and just by believing in something makes me feel better somehow. I don't need to know if he's real or not, each person chooses whether to believe or not. All I can say is that I believe in God, and I always try to distinguish good and evil. It makes me want to be a better man.

lol you are me
absolutely the same

Nikša Jovanovic27/07/2011 03:11(edited 27/07/2011 03:21)

The bible is a "book" that is partly altered, now we can say that the bible is a fairy tale.
If the universe was created from a single source, single "man" (god) why do we have hundreds of religions hundreds of gods, clear to say that someone has changed some initial things. Why? No one will ever know. The conclusion is that the human race is fu up, religion is a pure scam that's why I don't believe in god although my parents are true religious believers, and even I am not a believer of god, I have faith in some force that I can not explain.

Just live your life believing or not, screw up these threads "your" thoughts will never bring you anything.

OrN27/07/2011 18:15

Originally posted by DiDo-G
no demo no proof

st0ka27/07/2011 23:25

Originally posted by Dragon
you'll never prove God. it's not a question of proving anything. faith is believing in something without needing the proof of it. otherwise it would be just accepting a fact, like 2+2=4 . that's the thing most atheists don't understand.


You're quite right. You can never prove or disprove God because the entire concept of God is innately self-contradictory. Consciousness without matter (science)? The creation myth collapsing into an infinite causal regress (logical fallacy)? Need I even go on?

What about all the supposed "symbolism" in the Bible? Was it that symbolic of a book that it had to be stripped down from all the rape, child abuse and murder in order to make it more appealing for modern-day religion consumers? I won't even go into all its logical inconsistencies because I would be insulting the intelligence of a lot of people by pointing out the obvious.

On a personal level, God is the father figure that you wish you had in your childhood.

Institutionally, God is an exploitive lie, designed to control others. If you accept that you're inherently bad (original sin), you'll be forever enslaved to those who define "goodness" (morality).

Historically, God is a socially engineered concept that was invented to protect the ruling classes when it became apparent that you cannot rule others with brute force alone.

I don't have any problem with religious people. You can believe whatever you want. However, the moment you communicate your beliefs to another human being, you're accepting the existence of a rational and objectively-verifiable medium- reality.

Science and religion aren't mutually exclusive? You disproved that very statement with a line from your previous post: "faith is believing in something without needing the proof of it". Science is based on logical reasoning and empirical verification.

Moreover, I find your one-sided argumentation particularly amusing. Religion accepts science, but what about science accepting religion? Unfortunately, most of the publicly-recognized scientist are constantly dodging the question with foggy explanations because they're afraid of the backlash (look at what happened with Hawking).

I'm one of the know-it-all community members. I suppose most people, whose views do not align with yours, fall under the same category. Anyway, I had some time to waste and I definitely needed a little mental exercise.

Cheers!

MJK28/07/2011 10:00

I belive in god but not in religion .. I think god is the force that made and shapes our world .. but i dont belive he looks over us and juges our behavior like most of the religions claim.. i think that if god didnt want us to make mistakes he wouldnt have made us that way.. For me religion is just like the laws we have now.. its about control ... you dont need to be controled to have god in you and to trust in him...

k a f f e e28/07/2011 23:17(edited 28/07/2011 23:19)

Originally posted by Dragon
you'll never prove God. it's not a question of proving anything. faith is believing in something without needing the proof of it. otherwise it would be just accepting a fact, like 2+2=4 . that's the thing most atheists don't understand.


on a meta-level 2+2=4 is just the same as believing in god's excistence. as a form of life we got a certain state of mind which theoreticlly has no limit except our biological conditions & which could reach even further.. but what defines our view and what we expect to be knowledge and faith is just up to what were not able to conceive. it's ironic how the seperation of those 2 things disappears when you involve this, when on the other hand all religion is based on the supriority of the human species. kinda totally clears this debate and shows how narrow minded it is to discuss it lol

tho i got what you wanted to say with this. anyways, when reasoning about it every believe is equal for my side but some things just appear less reasonable in a pratical context. i experienced religion as something that either comes along with cultural/social situations or when meeting a "true" believer with a lite compulsional neurosis. which is not a bad thing or making it inacceptable, we're all a little indivdually disturbed, and up to some grade that's rather a good sign, just our compensing methods differ. speaking - religion is not cool, but legit

CaBeZarecord holder29/07/2011 00:37

I don't believe

OrN29/07/2011 03:06

okay, watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a77iMVlgPiI
(:

Ft.skY29/07/2011 11:17

atheist

Berkut Tournament #229/07/2011 17:51

Originally posted by Pulsar!
Originally posted by Gamster
god does not exist.

Prove your statment.

you dont have to prove when you say god does not exist, you have to prove when you say he does exist lol

hamburglarr29/07/2011 20:20

Originally posted by MJK
I belive in god but not in religion .. I think god is the force that made and shapes our world .. but i dont belive he looks over us and juges our behavior like most of the religions claim.. i think that if god didnt want us to make mistakes he wouldnt have made us that way.. For me religion is just like the laws we have now.. its about control ... you dont need to be controled to have god in you and to trust in him...


when we try to explain the creation of being with this god, we get to a similar question: what created god? if its improbable, or even not possible that being can exist by itself, the existance of this entity, which exists by itself, is improbable or impossible as well.
i think that there are still many other arguments for deism, though

id agree to close this thread. leaving religion may be quite depressing, at least for us children :(

Nukk30/07/2011 11:23

exist,i saw

Page 3 of 5

Please log in to post replies.