Sneak peak on _hill
you should do like one easy map and other one hard. Because the space version is amazing ! Lovely design ! but i love the first one too ofc :p release it fast ;D
The latter is much better!
Originally posted by remakeThe latter is much better!
indeed, eventhough the first version looks sick too
Release one as hard and one as easy :) eventhough i like the first concept better, its been a while since we saw a good "alien" map ;)
I hope that I won't get lack of fps in these maps. :(
Well the shizuka and sadpuppy (a2 mappers) created beautiful maps but poorly, haven't actually found out where the low fps comes, too many textures or/and no use of null textures out of sight. I'm sure if maps are done right they can be 100fps. And s0lid (:D) is a good mapper, plus doubt there will be a new map with low fps even going to get released.
SO NOT TO WORRY!
EDIT: Rofl
Originally posted by GargoyleWell the shizuka and sadpuppy (a2 mappers) created beautiful maps but poorly, haven't actually found out where the low fps comes, too many textures or/and no use of null textures out of sight. I'm sure if maps are done right they can be 100fps. And mto is a good mapper, plus doubt there will be a new map with low fps even going to get released.
SO NOT TO WORRY!
mto? you mean solid?
I do verzuz :D
Originally posted by GargoyleWell the shizuka and sadpuppy (a2 mappers) created beautiful maps but poorly, haven't actually found out where the low fps comes, too many textures or/and no use of null textures out of sight. I'm sure if maps are done right they can be 100fps. And s0lid (:D) is a good mapper, plus doubt there will be a new map with low fps even going to get released.
SO NOT TO WORRY!
EDIT: Rofl
Sry man but I dont understand people that still whine about low fps... I mean, do you guys use wooden pc's? An older Dualcore such as my older PC was capable of playing any map with 100 fps...
I think "low" fps should no longer be criteria for the acceptanse of a map...
k. thanks guys the maps done and submitted.
wow that second variant looks ravishing! Leave the colours as they're now and make more possibility for bhop combos and this probably would be the map of the year :)
[blockquote]Sry man but I dont understand people that still whine about low fps... I mean, do you guys use wooden pc's? An older Dualcore such as my older PC was capable of playing any map with 100 fps...
I think "low" fps should no longer be criteria for the acceptanse of a map...[/blockquote]
+1
I liked the alienmap a lot.
GJ s0liD
mentalo like I said I have no idea where that low fps comes but I do have 3.5ghz dualcore (intel, none of that AMD crap), still have low fps in a few places in it.
Originally posted by mtoboiii8000Sry man but I dont understand people that still whine about low fps... I mean, do you guys use wooden pc's? An older Dualcore such as my older PC was capable of playing any map with 100 fps...
I think "low" fps should no longer be criteria for the acceptanse of a map...
fps should always be a criteria. And for all the mappers, I think, who used to optimize their maps as much as possible is more satisfying to do it, otherwise their map would be effortless piece of junk.
It has some combo's and some nice twists.. I think youre gonna like it. :)
Looks great! I've missed your maps, can't wait to try :D.
Originally posted by DragonClawOriginally posted by mtoboiii8000Sry man but I dont understand people that still whine about low fps... I mean, do you guys use wooden pc's? An older Dualcore such as my older PC was capable of playing any map with 100 fps...
I think "low" fps should no longer be criteria for the acceptanse of a map...
fps should always be a criteria. And for all the mappers, I think, who used to optimize their maps as much as possible is more satisfying to do it, otherwise their map would be effortless piece of junk.
I absolutely agree with mentalo.
Look, the mappers will always try to do map at best fps, but man, it's 2011 now, and this is a damn 12 years old game, and if people have low fps on maps in this game, i guess it's their own problem, that they play on older PC.
I think nowadays it's not the big problem to get new average computer, which will give you 100 fps, they are not so expensive.
Anyway i have had an opportunity to play this map, i think you will have (almost) 100 here :)
Sorry but I'll have to keep on spamming. Of course for most people now at least a normal dual-core is pretty affordable, but there are still old PCs used. What's more, if you overload the engine even the most powerful PC won't help you. It's not my problem, I just want to optimize my maps as much as possible, otherwise mapping will be boring, and I bet FPS will be a criteria for a long time ahead. I also hope that XJ checkers always have FPS in mind.
EDIT: I forgot to tell you that some modern games, as you know, require dual, or quad core processors, but cs is a single-thread operation and always runs on one of the cores. So with lack of map optimization, it can lag on dual-cores at lower clocks.
of course fps requirements are not the same as some years ago, but FPS is still a constant criteria for mapchecking. Everyone should be able to record any XJ map at minimum allowed fps rate afterall...
due to hl engine nature its quite easy to destabilize fps even on new powerful computers. Big open and detailed areas, a lot of sprites, large sounds and models etc...
the hardware is getting better but not the goldsrc engine. the engine will still have limits which even newer hardware can't solve.
the engine cant handle thousands of epolys and even it cant handle thousands of wpolys.
Please log in to post replies.