(kz)_roughwinter

Started by DragonClaw
08/08/2011 06:59
Page 1 of 4
DragonClaw08/08/2011 06:59(edited 08/08/2011 08:13)

Hi guys, here are some pics of my upcoming kz map. What I'm trying to do is put the ambience ahead. Map will consist of both kz and bhop. Challenge: Ez-Avg.
Pics:

Pic1

Pic1

Pic1

Pic1

unBreakS08/08/2011 11:17

didn`t like it ... too much fog imo

DragonClaw08/08/2011 11:46

Macedonians don't usually like anything that comes from BG. :D

kaa08/08/2011 12:03

Well, fog looked kinda cool to me. Makes the atmosphere a little bit more cosy to jump.
Though what your map misses is enviroment. All I see from the screens is just snowy rocks. You might want to fill it up with something, otherwise it will be boring to play.

FLasH ^^ mapper08/08/2011 12:53

Look nice to me , work a bit more on details add some snow trees mb add snow??

s0liD mapper08/08/2011 13:05

It looks like a great start.

Gargoyle08/08/2011 15:40

Yeah, fog looked cool to me too. The map itself I noticed there's alot of unused space.

New kz maps aren't only about jumps thesedays, details are a huge importance.

DragonClaw08/08/2011 15:47

Hey guys, I decided to return my old idea combined with those new textures (because I started with another ones) and I think it's nice. Do you like this better?
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1649/kzbluewinter0007.png
Ofc, there'll be more details added.

FLasH ^^ mapper08/08/2011 17:26(edited 08/08/2011 17:27)

This is EPIC the water down its not a good idiea!!

unBreakS08/08/2011 17:29

Originally posted by DragonClaw
Macedonians don't usually like anything that comes from BG. :D

nah dude .. i like the last pic .. i didn`t like the first few pics cos it has too much fog .. maybe tone down the fog a little

hm^ mapper VIP08/08/2011 20:33

I want fog, the pictures are looking amazing.
Keep it alive please.
GJ!

this looks like kz_klzv_wanderer , nice ideea man keep up the good work.

DragonClaw08/08/2011 22:14(edited 09/08/2011 02:30)

Exactly. Wanderer is a unique map and I haven't seen another one built in that way. My idea was to use that technique and then later try to improve it.


EDIT: Well, this is how it's going to look like, I think:
[IMG]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9830/kzbluewinter0008.th.png[/IMG]

s0liD mapper09/08/2011 20:51

It looks great! This is the first cave? Also it would be nice to have an outdoor enviroment aswell.. i love those

DragonClaw09/08/2011 23:15

Yep. 2 indoor places and then one outdoor. I'll try to make the final (outdoor) place a good experience! Btw here's a pic of the last update:
[IMG]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1910/kzbluewinter0010.th.png[/IMG]

DragonClaw13/08/2011 22:35(edited 13/08/2011 22:38)

Hey! Some new pics coming up:
Bhop tunnel:
[IMG]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/294/kzbluewinter0014.th.png[/IMG]

Final outdoor space:
[IMG]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4104/kzbluewinter0015.th.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6927/kzbluewinter0016.th.png[/IMG]

More pics of it after I finish the jumps.

And some r_speeds (spots with most wpoly and epoly I could find rendered)
1st indoor space:
100fps 1 ms 755 wpoly 320 epoly
2nd space - bhop tunnel:
100fps 1 ms 464 wpoly 0 epoly
3rd outdoor space (in which the jumps aren't yet made):
100fps 1 ms 691 wpoly 968 epoly

To make sure it runs smoothly on old PCs, I tested it on my old 1.6GHz, Nvidia FX5500 and at 1024x768 it kept over 70fps. :)

And BTW, the name would not be 'roughwinter' anymore, because it was appropriate for the fog, it would now be 'bluewinter' which comes from the name of the skybox. :D

Wow, you managed to create good atmosphere there, which is already on halfway to success. Now try to put some real jumps and watch the textures to be not bugged. Good luck!

leifi5414/08/2011 00:20

looks really promising :) Great work, cant wait to play it

lealea14/08/2011 00:36

the map looks really great but.
-too simple bhop blocks in "Bhop tunnel", also some texture bugs on the walls (?)
the start room is amazing but the bush placed at the start button looks horrible (at least from pic)
looking forward , dont ruin it :D gl

DragonClaw14/08/2011 05:26(edited 14/08/2011 06:41)

What would you suggest about the bhop blocks (shape, height?). I'm not terribly keen on making jumps so I may speak to my mate TeRMiNaTe.

EDIT: In fact, I came up with something about the bhop tunnel. I'll show you later.

Page 1 of 4

Please log in to post replies.