(kz)_roughwinter

Started by DragonClaw
08/08/2011 06:59
Page 3 of 4
Cobrex mapper Tournament #221/08/2011 10:58

Try not to make it too dark (in the bhop tunnel) !! I hate when i have to put "lightgamma 0.5" :(

Nice map,nice environment !! GO

DragonClaw21/08/2011 16:46

I think it's bright enough now. However, I've made a bit of a mess with one of the jumps before submitting. :[

hm^ mapper VIP21/08/2011 19:19(edited 21/08/2011 19:20)

The tunnel gives a feeling like on wanderer.
Can´t wait to play it!

GJ so far.

EDIT: map faster, wanna play it...:D

jack frog21/08/2011 23:54

Prefered the fog idea tbh. Maybe combine both? First it's foggy, then suddenly the sun comes through :P

Gargoyle22/08/2011 00:46

jack frog, ever been outside? There's a thing called morning dew, it's foggy but soon Sun comes out. Maybe it's foggy first -> Sun comes out.

jarski22/08/2011 12:52

The latter pictures amazed me! Such a nice atmosphere you got there. :)

DragonClaw03/09/2011 20:44

Hi again guys. Since I found a brutal bug after submitting the map, apart from hoping to get a re-submit chance, I decided to work on the map some more until it's denied :D. Today I did some optimization to the light rays, trees, some other brush entities, some extra divides and a total of ~4200 world poly dropped to just 3693 and I'll continue optimizing if I find anything. Even on the highest spots I get more than 65fps (~750wPoly) on my old 1.6GHZ PC, so I can now guarantee a reasonable 85fps (at least while jumping, not getting about with hook) or even more to everybody. :)
Now waiting. :|

hm^ mapper VIP03/09/2011 21:39

hm,

When i look the pics, i can´t understand this high wpolys and bad fps...
When you need help, PM me.

DragonClaw03/09/2011 21:46

What are you bloody talkin' about? I get these frames on my old PC. And why would I ever need to PM you for help?

Gargoyle03/09/2011 21:59

Wat? Is this an inside joke or something I don't understand?:S

hm^'s been around helping people for a long time, as a matter of fact most of the mappers here in XJ are incredibly helpful not to mention skilled mappers, I suggest you reconsider.

DragonClaw03/09/2011 22:29

OK then. Sorry if it sounded rude, which it probably did, but my old PC never managed to go higher than 60 fps. Now, after I set up another copy of Windows XP, it does, but not always. What I meant is that in comparison with other maps's r_speeds, bluewinter's match/beat them. Having this in mind, I found hm^'s post quite... arrogant, I'd say (because those frames are good enough according to my experience and because of the direct way of offering help without it being wanted). What's more, 750 wPoly is not much at all, hm^.

daza mapper05/09/2011 00:16

looks interesting. Do want.

DragonClaw05/09/2011 20:56(edited 05/09/2011 21:09)

Some brand new screens + r_speeds comin' up:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/kzbluewinter0006.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/kzbluewinter0007.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/kzbluewinter0008.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/kzbluewinter0009.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/kzbluewinter0010.png/

Total wPoly reduced from ~4200 to 2952. File size dropped from 4.58mb to 3.65mb. New light ray texture, some stretched textures are now fixed.
Re-uploaded the screens as links, because the thumbnails just sort of f*cked up o0.

memekrecord holder05/09/2011 21:07

Map looks pretty good, looking forward for release!

mtoboiii8000 mapper06/09/2011 00:38

pls dont use that old pine tree... the map looks good but that square thingy fucks it up :D

DragonClaw06/09/2011 00:52

If you're talking about the mdl, my point was to put low-poly models so that I would be able to put more of them. As for the brush pines, they look OK from such distance. :)

mtoboiii8000 mapper06/09/2011 01:31

im tlaking about the mdl..

Come on man, if you try to create a good looking map stop focusing too much on polys... I mean what could happen.. you loose 2-4 fps.. who cares?

DragonClaw06/09/2011 01:35

It may sound funny, but I sympathize to those (if any) who still have old PCs and fps drops. I myself have had to use a pretty old rubbish for 5 or so years and now want to provide playable conditions to everybody. :)

mtoboiii8000 mapper06/09/2011 02:27

Im just saying, dont waste your talent. Alteast make a version which doenst care for fps...

DragonClaw06/09/2011 13:27

mtoboiii8000 have a look at what I made especially for you! :D
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7366/kzbluewinter0012.png
I know a thing or two about model editing :P

Page 3 of 4

Please log in to post replies.