(kz)_roughwinter

Started by DragonClaw
08/08/2011 06:59
Page 2 of 4
Gargoyle14/08/2011 10:47

MAKE IT AVERAGE-HARD!

Tetriss14/08/2011 13:23

Hope you will succeeed with it, enviroment and athmosphere looks amazing. Keep on a good work, nice to see new maps like your one, they are not just "assembled", they have their own "story" :)

DragonClaw15/08/2011 18:05

Screens of the updated tunnel:
[IMG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6991/kzbluewinter0018.th.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2296/kzbluewinter0019.th.png[/IMG]

It now includes a BJ, some ladder2ladder jumps and bhops, which move sideways, everything made of spikes!
I spoke to my colleague TeRMiNaTe, he'll start the jumps tomorrow so you've got time to tell me what difficulty you prefer most until then. :)

FLasH ^^ mapper15/08/2011 18:55

Aha my texture?

lealea15/08/2011 19:05

thats better, keep it up.
about the difficulty of the jumps : av-hard

DragonClaw15/08/2011 19:07(edited 15/08/2011 19:09)

Originally posted by FLasH ^^
Aha my texture?

mm, nope?
[IMG]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9518/newpicture1a.th.png[/IMG]

daza mapper16/08/2011 22:17

I want dl links! :(

nobody^16/08/2011 22:43

Looks great so far and yeah, make it average-hard. You might try to avoid making it too dark. :-)

TeRMiNaTe16/08/2011 23:32

It's gonna be avg-hard. Working on the not too dark bit ;)

DragonClaw17/08/2011 16:02

After all days geeking with the vertex tool:

[IMG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7786/kzbluewinter0022copy.th.png[/IMG]

and it's about 20 polygons only (the waterfall).
The cave is now lighter, I've also done some optimization to the light rays and those trees in the distance. We're working on the jumps now.
Terribly sorry, but you won't get dl links yet :). I'll probably submit the map directly to XJ.

unBreakS17/08/2011 17:24(edited 17/08/2011 17:25)

fix those misalignments and the streched textures

lealea17/08/2011 17:37

put a tree in that empty place where the waterfall splits in 2 parts

DragonClaw17/08/2011 17:58

Originally posted by unBreakS
fix those misalignments and the streched textures

I'll try to but working with that triangle method always makes the textures look like that. The reason why it's so obvious here is the texture.

As for the tree - don't worry, I'll put a tree and some pines, I just made the screens to show you the waterfall.

nobody^17/08/2011 22:42

Looks really fresh so far, good job!

What about the map lenght?

DragonClaw17/08/2011 23:00

It's quite short, I just wanted to leave something special in case I've been accidentally:
a)murdered
b)forced to commit suicide
the next school year!

SPOKS17/08/2011 23:11

@DragonClaw
About unbreaks HAHAH
brao ludak qk e mapa
Good luck with map ;]]

DragonClaw18/08/2011 10:29

[IMG]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9808/kzbluewinter0024.th.png[/IMG]

Still keeps over 60fps on my old 1.6GHz PC. Jumps are being made and map will be submitted soon. Thank you for suggestions.

Nukk18/08/2011 11:42

man,thats awesome,keep workin'

DragonClaw20/08/2011 23:28(edited 20/08/2011 23:33)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/814/kzbluewinter0038.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/kzbluewinter0039.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/kzbluewinter0040.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/kzbluewinter0041.png/

You can see some r_speeds in the screens. Have in mind that this is a high-poly USP from CSS and it adds more than 2500 epoly.
Map submitted. Once again, thank you for your suggestions. :)

mtoboiii8000 mapper21/08/2011 02:10

Starting to look quite nice, i just hope there wont be any wallbug issues!

Page 2 of 4

Please log in to post replies.