The most time you spent geeking
Hello,
So ye, how much your longest geeking lasted?
I've been geeking a jump for about an hour and a half. :-(
hmm.. Recently I've been trying the same trick for almost 6 hours (splitted in like 2 days) and I still did not achieve it.. I don't wanna show it though cuz it's quite new and it's for a personnal project, but believe me, this jump made me SICK.
I once played a HNS-match that lasted for 4 hours, if that counts as geeking. :E
I spend alot of hours for trickjumps and maps either. Longest tricks maraphon took me maybe 4-5h, for maps I spent much more time , I could play from the morning 'till the mornin :P but without breaks lets be like 5-6h :P
I'm so nervous, so 1 hours geek and I was able to smash my computer. :D
Like 3-4hours
Originally posted by evulyI once played a HNS-match that lasted for 4 hours, if that counts as geeking. :E
m2 :)
I never geek KZ, only Minecraft. Played it like 5 hours last night building a village.
for fiction surfing 2 i spend around 1 week, each day ~1 hour on the surf_inferno trick. on a surf_hazard trick i never landed i spent approx 15 hours. prolly the records for me
w.o. break 2hrs recording a sxj_ map, sadly, the result was shitty
I tried to make a good run on a map in public for about 30 mins. Thats my max i think. Longer than that I get bored.
playing Lineage II like 7-8 hours straight.. about cs, no more than 2 hours ingame
the most lj recs and tjs witch I recorded wasn't random lucked. 5-6 hours in a row and tried them for few days
Hahah, this topic gives me such nice, and kinda nostalgic memories. At my first two years of playing I used to spend a huge amount of time in front of the PC, learning and practicing my skills in KZ, and CS at all. I was very interested in longjumping, and I mainly emphasized on this aspect of the realization. I was literally able to geek 24+ hours staight, without getting bored. Year after playing LJ only, I achived my limits in every possible technique, and I decided to try some bkz records on official maps. Then I found entirely new, much more interesting KZ sphere, where my desire for recording seemed to have no end. Еvery day in school and after, most of my thoughts were related to the exciting KZ world. Basicliy I spent most of my time per day in playing KZ. I could play а single map for hours and hours, without been doing anything else, untill I felt the exhaustion running through all of my weary as hell body. Exactly at that stage of my personal realisation, I developed a not very useful habit( which I still haven't gotten rid of), to stay awake at night time. There're planty of times when I was going to school without getting any sleep all night, but geeking national/world records instead. Most of my first world records took me from 5 to 12 hours straight geeking, each one (mostly because I had troubles controling my shaking hand). And everytime after I had finally succeeded in this endless process of recording, I could feel the streams of happiness rushing into me, filling me up with positive energy and inspiring me for a long time. It was perfect. But this constant interest of mine suddenly went away, after I graduated 9th grade.
Even though I'm not recording that much nowadays, I still haven't lost my ability to geek a lot. Once, strongly determined to come back from my first serious inactive period (~8 months), I decided to try some recording, so I spent about 48 hours of straight geeking, and managed to beat two wr's. Even relatively recently I was trying 248 bhop block on lan for about 24 hours non-stop playing, and even took a picture of 1337 uptime (and still didn't succeed, damn it).
Now, when I look back at myself, I can't really understand how could I do that, but still I don't regret about any second I've spent on playing this game. Yes, maybe this lifestyle is somewhat narrow-minded, but I also have learned really a lot from this game, and that's exactly the reason why I consider this highly atractive game as one and only of its kind (the competitive element is amazingly close to those real life sports, when it comes to breaking world records. Take swimming for example). Hope I'll always find some time to play, till the very end of KZ's existence.
Originally posted by shnzHahah, this topic gives me such nice, and kinda nostalgic memories. At my first two years of playing I used to spend a huge amount of time in front of the PC, learning and practicing my skills in KZ, and CS at all. I was very interested in longjumping, and I mainly emphasized on this aspect of the realization. I was literally able to geek 24+ hours staight, without getting bored. Year after playing LJ only, I achived my limits in every possible technique, and I decided to try some bkz records on official maps. Then I found entirely new, much more interesting KZ sphere, where my desire of recording seemed to have no end. Еvery day in school and after, most of my thoughts were related to the exciting KZ world. Basicliy I spent most of my time per day in playing KZ. I could play а single map for hours and hours, without been doing anything else, untill I felt the exhaustion running through all of my weary as hell body. Exactly at that stage of my personal realisation, I developed a not very useful habit( which I still haven't gotten rid of), to stay awake at night time. There're planty of times when I was going to school without getting any sleep all night, but geeking national/world records instead. Most of my first world records took me from 5 to 12 hours straigh geeking, each one (mostly because I had troubles controling my shaking hand). And everytime after I had finally succeeded in this endless process of recording, I could feel the streams of happiness rushing into me, filling me up with positive energy and inspiring me for a long time. It was perfect. But this constant interest of mine suddenly went away, after I graduated 9th grade.
Even though I'm not recording that much nowadays, I still haven't lost my ability to geek a lot. Once, strongly determined to come back from my first serious inactive period (~8 months), I decided to try some recording, so I spent about 48 hours of straight geeking, and managed to beat two wr's. Even relatively recently I was trying 248 bhop block on lan for about 24 hours non-stop playing, and even took a picture of 1337 uptime (and still didn't succeed, damn it).
Now, when I look back at myself, I can't really understand how could I do that, but still I don't regret about any second I've spent on playing this game. Yes, maybe this lifestyle is somewhat narrow-minded, but I also have learned really a lot of this game, and that's exactly the reason why I consider this highly atractive game as one and only of its kind (the competitive element is amazingly close to those real life sports, when it comes to breaking world records. Take swimming for example). Hope I'll always find some time to play, till the very end of KZ's existence.
i think u were masturbating while playin kz...OMG DUDE 48 hours? i ain`t played 48 hours in the past 2 weeks. :| U MAD BRO!, ON-TOPIC: 15 minutes took me for a combo!
what are your parents saying about that?
omfg great post shNz, but i thought you did wrs in like 3-4 tries ez :O.
Originally posted by hiiomfg great post shNz, but i thought you did wrs in like 3-4 tries ez :O.
I've had such periods too, yeah. One day I had no internet and did 8 wr's for about 10 hours. Including maps like goldbhop(which I actually made for 3 mins uptime), coldbhop_v2, junglebhop, exodus_hard, pipehop etc. It was for my bday release, I was in my best shape. Anyway, it can be really random sometimes! :)
Originally posted by shnzOriginally posted by hiiomfg great post shNz, but i thought you did wrs in like 3-4 tries ez :O.
I've had such periods too, yeah. One day I had no internet and did 8 wr's for about 10 hours. Including maps like goldbhop(which I actually made for 3 mins uptime), coldbhop_v2, junglebhop, exodus_hard, pipehop etc. It was for my bday release, I was in my best shape. Anyway, it can be really random sometimes! :)
yup. #randomluckgame
I read something about a "shake hand", does that mean u were nervous? Cause when recording a run, I am a nervous BOMB and my geeking don't last for more than 1 hour. :-D
I remember back when I was trying kz_man_climbersxp for the first time, loved it and spent almost 6 months by playing it almost every day before I beat it, and the night after the release 7D beat it back by 18 seconds, felt sucky.. Got it back now tho, after 2-3 days geeking.
Please log in to post replies.