Are WR holders geniuses or just geeks?

Started by jack frog
10/03/2012 19:25
Page 2 of 3
w1nston19/03/2012 18:52

imo the only necesary things:
- geeking alot
- nerve and patience
- discipline(alot of players stay too focused and concentrated when they play, you can see for example their left hand pumping up with blood because their not relaxed...and for that, discipline is required)
- good hand coordinating(ambidextrous are the lucky ones for the perfect coordonation of their hands, if they are also fast on their hands they could become very good longjumpers in a very short amount of time).
- passion

Some guys find kreedz to be a very hard game because they don't have a good coordonation of their hands...Example: for me it's very hard to longjump a big distance because i have a lack of coordonation and speed to my left arm fingers for strafing, so a long time i've jumped 250 stats only with 4 strafes.If i intended to try to do 5 strafes, they would all fuck up.

latlED19/03/2012 20:21(edited 19/03/2012 20:27)

Originally posted by Kangaroo
Honestly I think it's less about raw talent, and more about knowing how to improve properly. Sure, some people are just inherently better than others at certain things, but people are hindered by the innate probability that they are probably going to form bad habits, and that will hinder their play.

In my case, I've sort of hit a plateau in KZ because I've formed bad habits and can't shake them. My LJ can't break the occasional 250, and I've been active for seven years playing about an hour a day. I don't think this is because I just can't get any better, I think it's because there are some things wrong with my play at the very basic level that, in order to break free of these poor habits, I'd have to totally reconstruct how I play KZ. I believe that straight up geeking won't fix my problem, because I would only be continually reinforcing my bad habits.

Just what i wanted to say.

The proof is my LJ, im not talent, not genious and i dont geek so much, but i jump 254-256 only because i know how to jump, how to improve my strafes and how to correct my mistakes. But all this knowladge i claimed for years and offcourse geeking just to imoprove my hands movements.

EDIT.

Btw word genious is necessary here, cuz there were only few genious. Like Kreedz, FoF(discovered so many things), theddy(improved dcj), Brian(cant explain reason) and so on and on...

sory for bad english

w1nston21/03/2012 12:34

Brian for the discovered tjs and for showing us that everybody can do some uber jumps with big distance without being a lj geek :D

ivansky21/03/2012 13:34

Genious geeks.

PepoMerca23/03/2012 02:20

Both.

PiilsnEr24/03/2012 12:07

maybe they are geniouses or maybe they just are obsessed with kreedz ;]

propanelj record holder24/03/2012 15:21

guess some are more talented than others when it comes to strafing, timing etc. That and alot of geeking

Twix^24/04/2012 04:02

What about Virtus Pro? is the same...if you play alot every day,you get skills.. just some questions to this people: KeltA, Brain, koukouz, shNz & kayne

How years are you in the kz world?
How time do you spent playing kz?
Do you play every day?
How you got your skills?

see ya %)

QuaDrecord holder18/05/2012 14:04

Originally posted by Morninglullaby
Natural talent yeh? Not so many people were born to play kreeds I dont think, I'm guessing geeking is a requirement.


+1 haha:D g33k->pro->wr->ez

koukouz mapperrecord holder18/05/2012 16:44

- A gamer mouse (very important).
- A lot of practice (though once you have reached a good level, you won't lose it without a regular practicing whereas in sport you lose your endurance)
- Something you won't learn with geeking is the calculation of the fastest paths. Know where to land exactly to be able to jump without losing time for example.

Anyway talking about talent in a video game is taboo here ("hahaha how can you compare sport competition with kz competition, noob no life xD") so you better not mention it, but I guess some people have more ease to control the movements than others.

tisha18/05/2012 16:47

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
It's not about geeking only, but about talent too as well. I know many people who play around 5 years now and the biggest part of them are not even close to the skill of the current top5 players.

I believe that good mouse + geeking + talent is the key for success. Also some small details like game settings, cs' window size and comfortable workplace. However, I'm getting only worse with the time, so I guess I'm an exception :(

kyser20/05/2012 02:06

when u finally understand the game, then its very easy to improve your skills.. only few could do this... otherwise, geeking is another way to be good, no doubt.

jack frog20/05/2012 11:21

Alot of good and intresting post here!

Originally posted by Twix^
What about Virtus Pro? is the same...if you play alot every day,you get skills..

Good point. At this point I don't know how to differ a genius from a virtuos pro.

Originally I started this thread because these WR holders jump maps like they're nothing. This got me thinking they were geniuses, because there are very few who can jump like this. When you go to public servers there is rarely someone who has a WR time, not even close in the Top 15.
But after reading all your posts I think "genius" might be exaggerated, "talented" is more reasonable here. Good hardware does affect your jumping alot and gives you advantages to someone with standard computer equipment. Talent is needed ofcourse and also geeking.

Still, these elite jumpers are fascinating and very talented to me.

Nikša Jovanovic20/05/2012 16:17

You can not know whether I'm a genius, I am better than koukouz, but I don't want to record.

NeWrecord holder Tournament #120/05/2012 17:36

Originally posted by niki
You can not know whether I'm a genius, I am better than koukouz, but I don't want to record.


This.

xdrive20/05/2012 18:04

@new/niki hahahahaha. yeah sure. i can easily beat every wr but i dont waste my genious mind on such things

'jokke23/05/2012 17:02

The people that don't masturbate and rather use their hands for geeking always wins.

WOOFix23/05/2012 17:57

Originally posted by 'jokke
The people that don't masturbate and rather use their hands for geeking always wins.


Check and mate !

thexdvl23/05/2012 19:15

Calmness, patience, joy and the thought in your mind that, this is actually easy.
You also must use correct mind-sets to be able to jump w/o stress. I was able to do incredible things when i was under the affect of drugs which fully transformed my state of mind. It felt like it wasn't me that's doing all of those things. And you might agree with me that confidence is also a matter of factor, if you'll think that you're a really great jumper, you'll actually be.

Nikša Jovanovic23/05/2012 22:18

thexdvl, that's interesting, why don't you try to fly like a bird in the sky, when you're under the influence of drugs, tell to yourself "I'm faking bird" and jump from a buliding.

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.