That's it?

Started by chrizZo
28/04/2012 21:42
Page 2 of 4
Gargoyle05/05/2012 13:56

True, more maps are always a big hit among jumpers but if we get on the same level or maps with cosy I'm out of here. Seriously the maps that get accepted are utter shit mostly, I can do a map in one day that would look better then 90% of the maps there and I'm not a recognized mapper. People need to put effort in the tag mapper to get recognized. Thank goodness XJ admins here understand that.

Kunqui became bitter ungrateful little child when he was quitting, nobody with atleast half a brain will understand it's better he's gone. I myself got tired of his bitching real quick.

Things changed for worse when keltA quit fighting kkz and a little after that kkz quit.

But it's not dead. Public kz is growing not like it was few years ago but there are times when I see few pub servers full, haven't seen that in a LONG time... Recording became a job for most, that's why people are quitting, remember it's all about fun! Come and join us pub kz'ers to have funnnnnn :)

CamelCloudrecord holder05/05/2012 15:35

"Old" KZ as we knew it is dead. The current "KZ gods" like shNz, koukouz, KeltA etc. are dead in the sense that they will not be as active as before. At least not anytime soon. It's just a matter of time before the entire WR scene is taken over by new people, people I've played with 2-3 months ago are now beating public records like nothing.

It's just a transfer from older players -> newer players, like when brian, Supa, hel^_x quit, new players came after them. But I do agree that KZ is a lot less active when it comes to the recording and such. Might be because of the lack of maps, and that the "kz_" tag has way too high standards. Soon you'll have to write an essay about a story connected to your map.

joons07/05/2012 18:09

Kkz start recording again! And kayne also : D

Michael Collins07/05/2012 18:49

Originally posted by shnz
If you start doing wr's it'll be more alive than ever... That would be amazing.



- We want you back ! :]

koukouz mapperrecord holder07/05/2012 20:44

Yeah people, let me bring some fresh demos in the upcoming weeks.

Harley07/05/2012 21:54

Where's the LIKE-Button? Niki? :)

FLP08/05/2012 08:48

Originally posted by koukouz
Yeah people, let me bring some fresh demos in the upcoming weeks.

I hope we are gonna see sb2 and desolate_h :)

DrakA08/05/2012 11:52(edited 08/05/2012 11:53)

Well, maybe in near future if cosy and xj joined together, there will be over 2000 maps(sounds good!), witch means every player can start to record. Maybe cc-xj.eu will be reborn.

wtf did I said here... troll

It's been in and out of activity lately but for the past several months it really looks alive as for the entire scene. Even though top XJ recorders are not active anymore, it's not a status symbol of it's activeness. But the releases, however, are becoming somewhat called rare events in comparison to previous years which is ofcourse understandable since the difficulty of recording overplayed maps is growing and more maps need to be released. But however, judging by experience of recent times, new maps are not wanted much recording-wise and people do not show as much interest to them as they do to old known maps, which is ofcourse sad. Future for tournaments :)

Scary Tournament #210/05/2012 12:35

New demos from KKZ! :q

kaynerecord holder11/05/2012 08:31

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
It's been in and out of activity lately but for the past several months it really looks alive as for the entire scene. Even though top XJ recorders are not active anymore, it's not a status symbol of it's activeness. But the releases, however, are becoming somewhat called rare events in comparison to previous years which is ofcourse understandable since the difficulty of recording overplayed maps is growing and more maps need to be released. But however, judging by experience of recent times, new maps are not wanted much recording-wise and people do not show as much interest to them as they do to old known maps, which is ofcourse sad. Future for tournaments :)


you as a recorder should know why these new maps arent fun to record, simply because the mapper is only going for how the map looks instead of how fun it is to play because thats how the mapchecking system works..

oldschool maps > new tardmaps

FLP11/05/2012 09:47

Originally posted by kayne
Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
It's been in and out of activity lately but for the past several months it really looks alive as for the entire scene. Even though top XJ recorders are not active anymore, it's not a status symbol of it's activeness. But the releases, however, are becoming somewhat called rare events in comparison to previous years which is ofcourse understandable since the difficulty of recording overplayed maps is growing and more maps need to be released. But however, judging by experience of recent times, new maps are not wanted much recording-wise and people do not show as much interest to them as they do to old known maps, which is ofcourse sad. Future for tournaments :)


you as a recorder should know why these new maps arent fun to record, simply because the mapper is only going for how the map looks instead of how fun it is to play because thats how the mapchecking system works..

oldschool maps > new tardmaps

that's so fucking true man,I must say that qui is the only ,,really active'' mapper who's all maps are fun to play.

prad11/05/2012 10:17

Hi chrizZo! <3

1. wr's are harder to obtain, skill level has really gone up, which therefore restricts the recorder zone to only a "elite few", when i see the wr releases i cannot identify half of the recorders.

2. people have gone older, they have a life to take care of forcing older and dedicated members to quit the scenario.

3. bench marking of mapping has gone up.

4. people want known and famous faces to come up, if not in a release at least in a tourney or something. Remember the zhady vs koukouz tournament finals in which we recorded the highest ever spectators 500 plus?

5. dont become stagnant, try thinking of a newer section.

nobody^12/05/2012 23:32(edited 13/05/2012 21:47)

Definitely agree with my mates praddy and gargoyle.

Basically if you want a full XJ server, you should rather change the map to kzno_xtremeblock or to cg_extreme. Personally I've made a conclusion that very few people can stand playing 1-2 maps in a row. But yes, KZ has its ups and downs but that does not mean it's dead. Recorders reached a higher level and it's a lot harder for people to catch-up with them.

Something that will most likely 'save' the KZ World will be a huge increase of the mappers' activity. A decent amount of new maps will definitely lit the spark again.

It will sound stupid but even a 'kz_lj3' map made by some famous mappers like 8ball1 or Moxx will help a lot. I clearly remember that vote for kz_lj2.

Everything that will give a chance players to get known or just to break out of the ordinary KZ stuff will be really helpful!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In conclusion, I just want to state ->MY OWN OPINION!<-
I think that ROTW's are just the ultimate waste of time for both editors and viewers. It just got so boring.. I don't even bother watching them. It's a lot more fun to play the original demo. What I want to say is that I think ROTW kills the atmosphere around. (Yea I couldn't express myself understandable)

Sorry for the typos, I am just in a hurry. :)

Ovidiu Dumitru13/05/2012 00:46

About the ROTWs,

Unfortunately the community (XJ) got left behind by our own desire to evolve. Some things did evolve some things didn't The general aspect of the community is far from being a pro one. We did however had a moment of struggle to push KZ to the pro level, but unfortunately other factors kept preventing it.

Taken as a singular factor, ROTWs do their job, big time... and in a pro environment something like this can start a lot of hype week by week.
Every major video series from other gaming communities that I can recall had major success. Yes, the live match had thousands and thousands of spectators, yes, people downloaded the demos afterwards, but it's always nice to watch a video. It shows what happened in another perspective and is automatically associated with something important by the spectators. In the end, it's a must see.
With the risk of being too harsh, I don't think the community is ready yet for something that lasted this long. It's exactly like you said "Personally I've made a conclusion that very few people can stand playing 1-2 maps in a row". You do the correlation.

As for the general topic,
XJ is not a pro thing and neither a small thing. We are a medium sized gathering.
Small things dissapear fast, pro (big) things have a survival and success rate very high and are profitable, while medium things will always have trouble maintaining their personality, a crysis.
However, XJ always had these kind of fluctuations: we faced great success moments, we also faced the brink of destruction, but we never dissapeared. As long as there will be people enjoying this game, we are safe. The question is how many there will be and under what form we will keep existing?

Also,
I think there are 2-3 guys in the whole community that have the power and understanding to make XJ a pro KZ portal, but unfortunately those guys are busy, not interested anymore or "their wings of motivation have been cut".
I hope you don't get it as I placed someone above the others. Unfortunately this is how it is. There is always someone who makes the difference.

Kangaroo13/05/2012 16:15

+1 to CyclopP

ROTWs provide a nice focal point for the community, and they do their job well in that aspect. Through my many years in the KZ scene I haven't always been entirely active, and during those times when I wasn't playing and only glancing at XJ from time to time, the ROTWs were really nice to look at - it kept me updated on the sickest runs and best players with minimal effort on my part.

Remote18/05/2012 21:09

Originally posted by nobody^
It will sound stupid but even a 'kz_lj3' map made by some famous mappers like 8ball1 or Moxx will help a lot. I clearly remember that vote for kz_lj2.


kz_longjumps3 wouldn't do a thing for KZ, unless new LJ techniques are accepted as official. I don't know any worth adding.

Nikša Jovanovic18/05/2012 21:26

Originally posted by Harley
Where's the LIKE-Button? Niki? :)

I'd have to put dislike then. :)

koukouz mapperrecord holder18/05/2012 22:50

Originally posted by nobody^
It will sound stupid

Indeed.

zhady Tournament #212/06/2012 01:39

Truth is... We need omilo back!

No but seriously, to me it looks dead as I visit. It felt dead sometimes while I was active too. The point is there are periods like this and it has always been like this. Dead for a while, then it takes a turn and people play more.

I guess time will tell...

Page 2 of 4

Please log in to post replies.