Have more admins usefull ?
Hi,
I just don't get one thing, please enlighten me.
More and more admins are nominated but they ain't doing a thing for the website or the community (I have nothing against them), I was just wondering why they are nominated if they appear to be "Casper".
I was thinking of juleeeh and ZippoW especially (I repeat I have strictly nothing against them) and now nobody^ ? Come on some admins don't seem to be that helpfull.
Like for example, Vee is left the only demo admin, it'll be more usefull to nominate someone who is willing to take kayne's place to help him instead of nominating friends of other admins.
Plz don't spam any worthless respons, this is serious thread.
Best regards.
Originally posted by WOOF.exeHi,
I just don't get one thing, please enlighten me.
More and more admins are nominated but they ain't doing a thing for the website or the community (I have nothing against them), I was just wondering why they are nominated if they appear to be "Casper".
I was thinking of juleeeh and ZippoW especially (I repeat I have strictly nothing against them) and now nobody^ ? Come on some admins don't seem to be that helpfull.
Like for example, Vee is left the only demo admin, it'll be more usefull to nominated someone who is willing to take kayne's place to help him instead of nominating friends of other admins.
Plz don't spam any worthless respons, this is serious thread.
Best regards.
Ehm.
juleeeh is the squad leader (COO position is divided to squads nowdays) of forum admins. He does good job as a forum admin, manages the squad/crew, like does activity checks, writes general guidelines and is part of decisions asked by other admins. He is a really important guy for XJ.
And as for Zippow, he is probably the most active forumadmin out there. If you happen to browse the forum, you can see that.
About the demoadmin discussion, it's a real security position. So much knowledge and skill needed, you just can't nominate someone who happens to be intrested. We're searching for other demoadmins all the time, but it's a long process. The person must gain 110% trust from the admins & esp. from the management, then he should be really active, know a lot + must be willing to learn even more. The work ain't anything chilly few clicks there and there with simple programs, it's the hardest and most timetaking position here. kayne did a great job and it's sad to see him leave, and Vee is doing a lot work, even tho his time is very limited.
Things aren't always that simple as you think, and the users can't see everything from behind the carpet. There's a lot work and positions inside XJ, and I'm sure everyone does the job as he can at that moment. If admins do not react on activity checks and it seems they've lost their intrest, we've always cleaned up the crew table. But actually, we need a lot new admins - but it's hard to find the most active ones.
I hope this cleared up some things for you, and perhaps for the other readers of this thread.
jusuuh / XJ
more map admins would be fine
Originally posted by Phinxmore map admins would be fine
the past told us that the delay of mapreleases is increasing equal to the number of mapadmins because no map can be released till every mapadmin wrote his comment...
Just so you know about the demo checking job:
Most members think it's really easy and fast to do, but you guys are completely wrong.
As jusuuh said, apart from the CEO position, it's the most time-consuming job in the staff. Apart from the actual work needed to release new world records, you've got a harsh schedule to follow and as soon as you've got a suspicious demo, you cannot even imagine how many hours it takes to detect advanced cheats, since no software does all the job: we've got advanced stuff to "decode" demos, but then the admin has to decrypt everything.
Just imagine huge .txt files of codes and numbers to read and decrypt.
Originally posted by WOOF.exeI was thinking of juleeeh and ZippoW especially (I repeat I have strictly nothing against them) and now nobody^ ? Come on some admins don't seem to be that helpfull.
Let me break it down for you, We have 8 different sections in the forum, all filled with thousands of threads. Who are managing these? Who are making sure there is order and peace? - Forumadmins
I prolly browse through 20-30 threads every day, I move threads frequently because members tend not to read up on rules in different forums, they post old threads, they flame each other etc etc. On top of that I also go through the chatbox to see if there is order, I hand out warnings and bans when needed. I might not be on the frontpage for everyone to see but I do stuff people don't even notice which is vital for this community to stay in a somewhat acceptable shape. For you to make such a thread without considering that maybe, just maybe they took in new admins for a good purpose is just completely arrogant.
Hope that was enlightening for you. Have a nice day!
I never said the admins didn't do anything or weren't active on private parts of the forum.
Except maybe ZippoW moving topics wrongly placed, I don't see much activity tbh.
And what's with nobody admin ? I'm not saying he's immature or whatever but come on guys, lets be serious, he's like 15 years old ...
We all know that we are rarely mature enough at this age, especially to handle the admin competence.
(kayne cheated around that age if I'm correct so ...)
Just sayin'
Originally posted by WOOF.exeI never said the admins didn't do anything or weren't active on private parts of the forum.
Except maybe ZippoW moving topics wrongly placed, I don't see much activity tbh.
And what's with nobody admin ? I'm not saying he's immature or whatever but come on guys, lets be serious, he's like 15 years old ...
We all know that we are rarely mature enough at this age, especially to handle the admin competence.
(kayne cheated around that age if I'm correct so ...)
Just sayin'
We know about nobody's background, and yeah, we know his age. I don't know your age, but to be honest, he have shown a lot more maturity than you've generally in the forums. That's just my opinion, but we have made our decision, and active admins are really wanted here. Why do you judge him on his first day as an admin, when you haven't seen his behaviour when working as an admin. Anyways, I hope the more important things on the thread are more clear, and as you said on your own, it's a serious thread and let's not ruin it with some pointless talking about behaviour, as it really isn't necessary.
Originally posted by jusuuhI don't know your age, but to be honest, he have shown a lot more maturity than you've generally in the forums.
I understand you are trying to defend your staff but what exactly do I have to do with this ? It's really off topic mate.
Trying to justify his admin nomination by comparing his replies with others is just lame. I'm a bit septic by the fact that admins nowadays are nominated because they're friends of admins.
- Jusuuh explained everything , admin job is very difficult , especially if you're demochecker . Now , every admin do great job here , there's no someone who is inactive or something like that ...
About nobody . I met him , and he seem's like one very good person .
I am no admin here, but wanted to share a few things, hope jusuuh wont mind.
Most of the time the members won’t approve any new admins because either they think he doesn’t do his job properly or someone else deserves it more appropriately. The problem is it’s only a small section of the admins’ work that is out in the open and palpable, for example demo/map/movie/forum cleanup, you see them, and think “wow he is doing goodâ€.
For all the things that’s happening backstage, ex administration/managing/coders;who’s out there and trying to make our stay in here a li’l better, is scarcely visible and never appreciated.
It becomes increasingly difficult to search new admins – the interested ones are not qualified enough, and the qualified ones are not interested.
As far as nobody^ is concerned, despite his young age he is well ahead of a large amount of the people in here in terms of maturity and a helpful mindset - a thing long lost in this community.
Thanks for the backup guys but let me handle this.
When applying for this position I was more than aware that there were going to be people that will disagree because of my age. Well, I accepted the challenge to prove those guys that my age has nothing to do with my maturity. As I mentioned in my application, I will do my best to stay as mature as possible. I am a keen visitor of XJ ever since 2007 and I really respect the website as well as its creators, members and staff and I will definitely do my best in helping out.
I want to promise you WOOF that if I get enough amount of complaints related to my work, I will personally ask faker to remove my admin rights.
Regards,
N
:up:
Seems like none of you understood WOOF's point here. Let me make this clear o_O
I think we all know who nobody^ is : a great person/member here on XJ and we, all, have seen his behaviour, kindness and maturity aswell. But this is offtopic.
What WOOF (and me ofcourse) would like to know is that : why there are so many admins and yet nothing interested and fun to watch/read or something like that. Ok , i got the point of the forum cleaning and chatbox argues and etc, etc. But c'mon guys , even my 11 years old brother can do this .. We would like to see some MEGA-POOL of the year / demo recorder of the month / interviews / map-releases more often / weeklies.. you feel me?
I think the whole XJ is bored of demo-releases and ROTW's.. those are fun too but .. once per week? kinda slow don't you think?
There would be alot more things that i would like to explain but it's kinda late and you should be aware of those things.. not to wait some 16 years old ganjA member to bring that out.
What i understand its that XJ is not that active and sometimes when there's no new releases/news . Staff its completely boring , incase some of admins would great something nice for xj community. . .
if i had a chance to be staff i would make for example: a special XJ map just for contests or so , dunno if ù get me , but XJ Activity is like dead , specially in Mapping area . .
No admins post much either , cus when its boring there's no activity .
We need something new . . Somethink to make xj more alive not just demos and wr's if u see news . . Thats what u always see.
Sry if ya dnt understand my english.
Originally posted by ganjA!Seems like none of you understood WOOF's point here. Let me make this clear o_O
I think we all know who nobody^ is : a great person/member here on XJ and we, all, have seen his behaviour, kindness and maturity aswell. But this is offtopic.
What WOOF (and me ofcourse) would like to know is that : why there are so many admins and yet nothing interested and fun to watch/read or something like that. Ok , i got the point of the forum cleaning and chatbox argues and etc, etc. But c'mon guys , even my 11 years old brother can do this .. We would like to see some MEGA-POOL of the year / demo recorder of the month / interviews / map-releases more often / weeklies.. you feel me?
I think the whole XJ is bored of demo-releases and ROTW's.. those are fun too but .. once per week? kinda slow don't you think?
There would be alot more things that i would like to explain but it's kinda late and you should be aware of those things.. not to wait some 16 years old ganjA member to bring that out.
This.
Originally posted by ganjA!Seems like none of you understood WOOF's point here. Let me make this clear o_O
I think we all know who nobody^ is : a great person/member here on XJ and we, all, have seen his behaviour, kindness and maturity aswell. But this is offtopic.
What WOOF (and me ofcourse) would like to know is that : why there are so many admins and yet nothing interested and fun to watch/read or something like that. Ok , i got the point of the forum cleaning and chatbox argues and etc, etc. But c'mon guys , even my 11 years old brother can do this .. We would like to see some MEGA-POOL of the year / demo recorder of the month / interviews / map-releases more often / weeklies.. you feel me?
I think the whole XJ is bored of demo-releases and ROTW's.. those are fun too but .. once per week? kinda slow don't you think?
There would be alot more things that i would like to explain but it's kinda late and you should be aware of those things.. not to wait some 16 years old ganjA member to bring that out.
You guys obviously have issues with getting your point to the core without offending/insulting others, or doing it in a highly un-smooth way.
The reason we lack somewhat content on the frontpage right now is because the people who used to make those articles,interviews, etc aren't here anymore, or they are but they aren't interested.
The proper way to approach a situation like this, woof. Is simply to ask = Why aren't you guys recruiting Weekly admins? Why aren't you recruiting admins who do Interviews? You catch my drift?
Starting to insult admins and doing personal attacks (I know you think your doing it "polite" but its not) is just wrong and quite frankly does more bad than good.
I assume both of you will apologize and correct your questions.
cheers
@Zippow i really get you. And if i would be in your place, i would feel offended too. But bro, me and woof are not the only ones who think like this:). I'm up to everything.. i would do everything for XJ if i would have the chance. I don't go to school anymore, due to some personal prolems, so i'm free 24/7 . There are ~20 adimins (not all of them are active) FOR A COMMUNITY WITH 67008 members (not all of them active either) but still.. if you apply for a job here you have to be aware that you are needed all the time. and i'm not talking about you in particulary, i'm talking about other admins. maybe you get it BRO
I was a part of the weekly crew back in the days and believe me, I expected it to be an easy job(stupid of my side), what goes to the others' responsibilities. Xtreme-jumps will get back on track, just give us some time.
It's been hard times with extra activity as you've seen, but in my opinion it was much more important to clear all the basic schedules to a working point, rather than trying to pull off something extra on a broken platform.
As Zippow mentioned, back in days we had a working concept both on the main side as well on the extra activities side. These guys have retired during the days, which have lead to problems, as you might've seen. The problem is that, what I already mentioned on me previous posts: it's outstandingly hard to find "perfect" kind of admins for the positions. For the basics, they should be available really often for high activity, they should do their job well, and on top of that, to achieve f.ex. your points, to do a lot extra.
About why there's nothing more than basics out there is just lack of extra activity, with this staff we can manage out the routines decently. You just can't stare the number of admins at the moment, there's a lot going on the background that isn't open for public. Every admin has it's task, that's for sure.
Actually, there has been tries for more regular extra content. You might remember Weekly Reload, for what we never found a solid crew, whom could be active. There were numerous different crews trying to handle it, guys from external & internal recruitation, but like you can see, it didn't truly work as planned. With active guys it should be still running. That's a question which you can throw for the audience aswell, is it fault of current admins that multiple crews chosen via rectuitation never worked? I thank those who made it possible as it lasted, but for making permanent choices for weekly crew, I think we're near out of oppoturnities.
Also, I tried to gather up crew for the weekly video version, video podcast, as I wrote in both eSports squad recruitment posts. It coudl've replaced weekly with video&audio content. Again all the acceptable help came from internal side, as ndR promised to help if needed, and prad messaged me with helping hand relating to the content. There weren't actually more than few notable applies for the whole streaming squad, I'm glad I have the current guys, but it did get very lame response from the community. But even with little resources we managed to stream the tournament about like we planned. There were mistakes and good moments, but that's what you'll get on first time.
Rather long post again, but I hope you could read it.
Regards,
jusuuh / XJ
Originally posted by jusuuhYou might remember Weekly Reload, for what we never found a solid crew, whom could be active. There were numerous different crews trying to handle it, guys from external & internal recruitation, but like you can see, it didn't truly work as planned. With active guys it should be still running. That's a question which you can throw for the audience aswell, is it fault of current admins that multiple crews chosen via rectuitation never worked? I thank those who made it possible as it lasted, but for making permanent choices for weekly crew, I think we're near out of oppoturnities.
I didnt really want to raise the topic, but now that the discussion is already doing the rounds, let me deliver my share of grudges too.
I'm rather sad if you or some other higher admins think the weekly edition wasn't up to the standards, call it my bad luck or something else.
If I am not wrong, during my admin days(late 2010-early 2011), we tried to implement new elements into weekly edition- the much-loved thought of the week, the comment secition, tried to start a weekly movie concept, the mega poll and a lot of other stuff, which weren't there during the earlier editions.
The weekly edition is such that, every people has to deliver his own share of stuff, and in the absence of any one, the whole plan gets disbalanced. People always joined and felt their dedication/motivation down the slide, and it was hard to maintain a constant track, being on the admin list, I guess you understand how important it is.
Things were rough, but things never died out, I remember I contributed to about 80-90% of the totw's, and I can say all of the topics were pretty though provoking and innovative. Once in my three week absenteeism due to exams, I came back and I saw I was kicked out of the admin list. What was more painful was, none of the higher admins did feel it important enough to send me a pm to let me know about it.
Contrary to the misbehaviour and unparliamentary activities that are oftenly exhibited by some of the present day admins, I felt if the mature and worthy admins show that kind of behaviour to a 5-yr old member who has always tried to help the community within his limits, its a matter of grave concern.