Have more admins usefull ?

Started by WOOFix
24/05/2012 09:51
Read-Only
Page 2 of 3
xdrive26/05/2012 12:51

@prad Now that is disrespect :(

WOOFix29/05/2012 00:57(edited 29/05/2012 01:14)

Thanks Prad for sharing the "inside" behaviors of the admins. As said before, nothing much is done or badly (good stuff to kick the only admin who was active because of his exams, really).

WOOFix29/05/2012 01:07

Originally posted by ZippoW
Starting to insult admins and doing personal attacks (I know you think your doing it "polite" but its not) is just wrong and quite frankly does more bad than good.


Is pointing out the fact that new admins are nominated because they're (mainly) friends of admins an insult for you ? I lold !

Everything I am saying/asking is done in a polite way btw, don't try to fool me please.

Originally posted by ZippoW
I assume both of you will apologize and correct your questions.

cheers


Sure, I'll do a drawing of them for you !

Zippow29/05/2012 01:59(edited 29/05/2012 02:01)

WOOF. drawing conclusions without any information or knowledge about the situation, then claiming that the position that us "forumadmins" have could be done by 11 year old's and because what we do is not on the frontpage or highlighted it therefore is pointless.

Originally posted by WOOF.exe
More and more admins are nominated but they ain't doing a thing for the website or the community


Yes it's an insult.

koukouz mapperrecord holder29/05/2012 03:02(edited 29/05/2012 03:03)

Originally posted by nobody^
I want to promise you WOOF that if I get enough amount of complaints related to my work, I will personally ask faker to remove my admin rights.


Let me be the first person to ask you to resign.

Thank you,

The world.

k a f f e e29/05/2012 03:12

just as a sidenote to woof and ganja: i'm none of xj's hugest fans and defenders, but you show up with a level of personal insult and immaturity i havnt seen from any admins side during my days in here. this is not about using vulgar language, you guys were writing in a very polemic way, using wrong assumptions and speculations to express your frustration. this is actually fine with me, i like this kinda shit, but you should be aware that it wont make you shine as very reasonable, underlining your potential as future admins (as i understood thats what youre offering)

about your whole thread in here, i didnt rly get what you guys are trying to bring across either, maybe you should formulate some clear suggestions how you would handle this lack of extra-content`? i guess you understand that xj cant simpy recruit willing people on first sight

WOOFix29/05/2012 09:46

Originally posted by ZippoW
Originally posted by WOOF.exe
More and more admins are nominated but they ain't doing a thing for the website or the community


Yes it's an insult.


Nice ad hominem (I'll let you search for it on Google) here ZippoW but it's not an insult.

Originally posted by k a f f e e
this is actually fine with me, i like this kinda shit, but you should be aware that it wont make you shine as very reasonable, underlining your potential as future admins (as i understood thats what youre offering)


You got this very wrong mate. I'm just pointing out the lack of discipline in the nominations of admins, that's all.

jusuuh29/05/2012 10:31(edited 29/05/2012 10:47)

Originally posted by WOOF.exe
I'm just pointing out the lack of discipline in the nominations of admins, that's all.


I would like to hear that how have you came up to the conclusion that XJ nominates only friends of admins, when there's a need for an another admin? Usually the nominations come from the public recruitment or regular free form applications. If you tried to mean the actual choices for the admins, they are made with larger votings internally. Do you then suggest a public voting from the nominees? And as you said, you don't have any thought to be part of the staff, so I'm really curious where from your point comes? Please inform me about our nomination system! :)


If I am not wrong, during my admin days(late 2010-early 2011), we tried to implement new elements into weekly edition- the much-loved thought of the week, the comment secition, tried to start a weekly movie concept, the mega poll and a lot of other stuff, which weren't there during the earlier editions.

The weekly edition is such that, every people has to deliver his own share of stuff, and in the absence of any one, the whole plan gets disbalanced. People always joined and felt their dedication/motivation down the slide, and it was hard to maintain a constant track, being on the admin list, I guess you understand how important it is.

Things were rough, but things never died out, I remember I contributed to about 80-90% of the totw's, and I can say all of the topics were pretty though provoking and innovative. Once in my three week absenteeism due to exams, I came back and I saw I was kicked out of the admin list. What was more painful was, none of the higher admins did feel it important enough to send me a pm to let me know about it.

prad


Thanks for clearing out the things, but I never blamed you. I know you did a great job and the weekly was really innovative, I didn't doubt that, I just said that it was sad to see it going down. I didn't have a clue why you left/why you were kicked out, that's sad to hear. Doesn't sound like faker at all, esp. if you had announced your exams weeks, haven't seen anything like that here in XJ. I hope you have cleared out the things with higher admins, because that's realy disrespective. And as you kindly offered your help for me with the streaming news content if needed, a guy like you is always welcome back, I don't see any reason why anybody would like to kick you out. You were probably the best writer out here with amazin working rate, and as you said, you did a lot job on the weekly by yourself. That's why I threw up the question for the community, why there never was a solid crew after all - looked like you were the only permanent leader there. And if people would've cared to continue the weekly, there should've been a lot more discussion about it after your period. Sadly we didn't find guys to continue it.

As even I haven't played any part in that episode, I would really like to apologize from behalf the staff, if that was really the case. Sounds really unfair :|

Remote29/05/2012 15:14(edited 29/05/2012 15:18)

Originally posted by koukouz
Originally posted by nobody^
I want to promise you WOOF that if I get enough amount of complaints related to my work, I will personally ask faker to remove my admin rights.


Let me be the first person to ask you to resign.

Thank you,

The world.

Let me join the cause.

prad29/05/2012 18:58

Originally posted by jusuuh
I hope you have cleared out the things with higher admins, because that's realy disrespective. And as you kindly offered your help for me with the streaming news content if needed, a guy like you is always welcome back, I don't see any reason why anybody would like to kick you out. You were probably the best writer out here with amazin working rate, and as you said, you did a lot job on the weekly by yourself. That's why I threw up the question for the community, why there never was a solid crew after all - looked like you were the only permanent leader there.

As even I haven't played any part in that episode, I would really like to apologize from behalf the staff, if that was really the case. Sounds really unfair :|



No, I did never talk to any higher admins of XJ after that debacle took place, because I felt bad; I hope if you were in my position you would have also felt the same.

We all have our personal grudges, but we should solve it in a productive way; and I'm mature enough to understand that. I resurrected the topic, because I saw people saying stuff about the weekly, which I considered as "my" department.

No, I know you weren't involved, because as far as I remember, you weren't an admin back then.

Anyway, thnx for the kind words.

finzer29/05/2012 18:59

i think xj needs more transparency in the administration decisions and shits like that...
just my two cents.

Originally posted by nobody^
if I get enough amount of complaints related to my work, I will personally ask faker to remove my admin rights.

how many exactly?

FLP29/05/2012 23:25

XJ DOESN'T NEED MORE FORUM ADMINS,XJ NEEDS MORE DEMO ADMINS.Don't know why are you always paying attention on unimportant things like banning people like kafds instead of actually doing some work for this community.Faster demo release,faster lj release(something like once a month at least),regular Rotws,regular map release,maybe some interviews from time to time that's what we want to see.For years you are crying about that there aren't enough demo admins,ffs make a news ,,We need more demo admins. Please make application here.'' and I'm sure that you will find some guys with enough knowledge and experience.

nobody^29/05/2012 23:30

Haha, it's always a pleasure to read koukouz' posts.
Well finzer, I can't tell you an exact number but I'll decide when, chill I won't stay infront of you for long. ;)

chrizZo30/05/2012 00:53

Answer to original question: it is the laziest, traditional and probably best way.

Members become admins and may start administrating. Mostly these new admins stop doing whatever they might have done after a few months or two weeks, as a consequence they are kicked some time later.

As long as these admins don't harm XJ, why would you kick them? You refuse possible help like that. They don't even block seats other seemingly more motivated people could take, since there is no maximum number of admins.

I can not think of any advantage, whereas disadvantages are obvious (for example, prad felt betrayed and disappointed that his effort wasn't appreciated, he will not do any admin work again).

If they do anything positive, it is alright. Usually black sheeps, who do nothing or behave weirdly, are kicked after some time. Rushing decisions about kicking will result in more unfair cases like prad's, especially because the management is not active and misses an overview about the situation, therefore a quick judgement is impossible.

Some admins work periodically. Pointless to kick and accept them in turns. Abandon their input entirely? I doubt that would help. In XJ's unwritten hierarchy 'forum admin' is the lowest position, therefore abused as an admin trial and sometimes flooded by people, who need to be tested.

I think this whole thread is about status. Why is that nobody guy listed as an admin, even though he does nothing? Mäh Mäh. So unfair. If I would have his admin rights, I'd change the world, yes yes. A little theory game: Faker decides to change the system, everyone, who wants to be a XJ admin can be, there is no selection anymore. What would happen? Nothing. If there was anyone, who could make the difference, he would do it. Right now, right here. Unused potential is seriously not a problem XJ faces...

Man, I talk strange stuff... Anyways, FKM!

WOOFix30/05/2012 01:25

Originally posted by WOOF.exe
Plz don't spam any worthless respons, this is serious thread.

Best regards.


So chrizzo here

nobody^30/05/2012 08:37

And it was you who said that we should not spam with worthless responds?

chrizZo accurately answered to your questions in your first post.

jusuuh30/05/2012 13:50(edited 30/05/2012 15:03)

I'm just afraid WOOF.exe can't excatly read these replies, as he happens to shut his mouth everytime there're any longer replies with some content and actual replies. Failing with English from the beginning of the thread topic's first letters doesn't give that good reason to take your posts so seriously - especially when you can't implement your thoughts in your words. But still, I asked you some questions and chrizZo did well briefing aswell, could you now stand behind your points and let us know what's wrong? You just made an unnecessary spam post yourself. Is your ideology against our system, against XJ? Or do we just happen to do everything wrong?

Originally posted by FLP
XJ DOESN'T NEED MORE FORUM ADMINS,XJ NEEDS MORE DEMO ADMINS.Don't know why are you always paying attention on unimportant things like banning people like kafds instead of actually doing some work for this community.Faster demo release,faster lj release(something like once a month at least),regular Rotws,regular map release,maybe some interviews from time to time that's what we want to see.For years you are crying about that there aren't enough demo admins,ffs make a news ,,We need more demo admins. Please make application here.'' and I'm sure that you will find some guys with enough knowledge and experience.


I already answered for this one in the first page, but as you can't stand it, demo admin position isn't just something where we can open a free form. The guy on the job won't ever be someone that we didn't thought before - it's not about knowledge and experience, more like trusting and knowing the guy. We haven't ever cried about bad situation on the demo side, it's been more topic of the users. Like the past we've survived well with two demoadmins, but yeah, there's one left now. But we're truly hiring another one, don't worry about that. What would've happened if we wouldn't never hired any new demoadmins? If you haven't seen, the team has changed but there haven't ever been so many good guys available as you would dream of.

WOOFix30/05/2012 15:19(edited 30/05/2012 15:26)

Originally posted by jusuuh
I'm just afraid you, WOOF.exe, can't excatly read these replies, as he happens to shut his mouth everytime there're any longer replies with some content.


Please don't make a fool out of yourself mate. It's not because I don't wanna reply to a 15 years old admin that I didn't read his reply (btw you'll notice that people share alot of love for him, that conforts me in the idea it wasn't a good choice nominating him but whatever).


Originally posted by jusuuh
Failing with English from the beginning of the thread topic's first letters doesn't give that good reason to take your posts so seriously - especially when you can't implement your thoughts in your words.


Kinda ironic to earn that from someone who is not from a English speaking country.

I also read chrizzo's post and didn't find anything interesting in it in fact. And jusuuh, just to enlighten your foggy horizons, I already said what I thought but like a nurse giving a banana to a monkey over and over again, I'll post it again :

I think that nominating friends of admins (even if it's forum admins only) is just non sens, especially when there are so lacks of admins in other parts (I was talking about Vee doing the demo stuff all alone and besides that, you guys are still nominated an extra forum-admin, who is like 15 years old). Just be a bit more serious and say clearly you don't want the community to pass the next 3 years.
I'm not even talking about some admins activity cause no one is fooled.

Originally posted by jusuuh
You just made an unnecessary spam post yourself. Is your ideology against our system, against XJ? Or do we just happen to do everything wrong?


I didn't "spam" post, I just reminded it had to be clearly understandable for everyone.
And to respond to you briefly, I'd say it's been a while since the staff didn't make a good choice. Don't have to be a genius to figger that out !

Jonde30/05/2012 16:04(edited 30/05/2012 16:06)

I am not WOOF.exe's psychiatrist, and, as I haven’t examined WOOF.exe, I won’t diagnose him. But because WOOF.exe has turned himself into a public laboratory of psychopathology, I want to talk about how I'd move as expeditiously as possible to step back and consider the problem of his assertions in the larger picture of popular culture imagery. I assume you already know that it would be a strategic blunder of epic proportions for him to operate in the gray area between legitimate activity and presumptuous Fabianism, but I have something more important to tell you. He has been snuggling up to goofy vulgarians for quite some time. To top that off, if he is going to destroy our moral fiber, then he should at least have the self-respect to remind himself of a few things: First, from my seemingly daily argy-bargy with his nocent, corrupt apparatchiks about whether the rigors that his victims have been called upon to undergo have been amply justified in the sphere of concrete achievement, I've come to the conclusion that it's never too late to challenge WOOF.exe to defend his analects or else to change them. And second, WOOF.exe has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that there appears to be some disagreement in the community regarding the number of times that he has been seen damning this nation and this world to Hell. Some say once; some say five times; some say a dozen times or more. The point is not to quibble over numbers or anything like that but rather to clarify that one of the great mysteries of modern life is, What provoked WOOF.exe to eroticize relations of dominance and subordination? That is, is his lack of intelligence genetic or the result of too much time spent with odious charlatans? If you were to ask that of WOOF.exe, he'd clearly fling a large barrage of insults in your direction instead of actually addressing the question.

WOOF.exe loves the truth only as long as it doesn't conflict with his endeavors. People have commented that there may be a gap in my logic there. I don't think there is, and I've gone to great pains to explain why. I have reason to believe that he is about to suppress people's instinct and intellect. I pray that I'm wrong, of course, because the outcome could be devastating. Nevertheless, the indications are there that some day, in the far, far future, WOOF.exe will realize that since their emergence on the stage of history, volage-brained social outcasts have been a parasitic growth on the stem of true citizens. This realization will sink in slowly but surely and will be accompanied by a comprehension of how WOOF.exe hates people who work together towards a shared vision. He wants such people nabbed, grabbed, and thrown out of the country.

WOOF.exe is not your average lazy purveyor of malice and hatred. He's the deluxe model. As such, he's poised to sugarcoat the past and dispense false optimism for the future by the next full moon. WOOF.exe seizes every opportunity to court an iracund minority of tendentious, unsavory evildoers. I cannot believe this colossal clownishness. Any sane person knows that it is pointless to fret about the damage already caused by WOOF.exe's intransigent schemes. The past cannot be changed. We must cope with the present if we hope to affect our future and recognize and respect the opinions, practices, and behavior of others.

You shouldn't let WOOF.exe intimidate you. You shouldn't let him push you around. We're the ones who are right, not WOOF.exe.

Someone once said to me, "WOOF.exe's warped historical perspective makes for a consistent if splenetic view of hooliganism." This phrase struck me so forcefully that I have often used it since. Once it becomes clear that WOOF.exe's theories are sheer hypothesis—speculation with not even a scintilla of circumstantial evidence to support them—it becomes apparent that WOOF.exe should learn to appreciate what he has instead of feeling so oppressed because he can't do everything he wants every time he wants to. His propaganda factories continuously spew forth messages like, "There's no difference between normal people like you and me and meddlesome anthropophagi" and, "The average working-class person can't see through WOOF.exe's chicanery". What they don't tell you, though, is that WOOF.exe's hangers-on resist seeing that WOOF.exe's irrational missives create a mechanism of censorship that begs to be abused and manipulated by those in power. They resist seeing such things because to see them, to examine them, to think about them and draw conclusions from them is to brush away the cobwebs of nihilism.

Knowledge is the key that unlocks the shackles of bondage. That's why it's important for you to know that we must invite all the people who have been harmed by WOOF.exe to continue to express and assert their concerns in a constructive and productive fashion. Our children depend on that. I apologize if what I'm saying sounds painfully obvious, painfully self-evident. However, it is so extremely important that I must unmistakably say it. Although I myself sympathize with those who have lost loved ones at the hands of WOOF.exe, if you want to hide something from WOOF.exe, you just have to put it in a book.

Really, when you tell WOOF.exe's plenipotentiaries that WOOF.exe has failed to provide us with a context in which his perversions could be discussed and understood, they begin to get fidgety and their eyes begin to wander. They really don't care. They have no interest in hearing that if you ever ask him to do something, you can bet that your request will get lost in the shuffle, unaddressed, ignored, and rebuffed. This may be a foregone conclusion, but if we let him sow the seeds of antipluralism we'll be reaping the crop for quite a long time. The problem with WOOF.exe is not that he's revolting. It's that he wants to rule with an iron fist. He has had some success in corrupting our youth. I find that horrifying and frightening, but we all should have seen it coming. We all knew that I have frequently criticized WOOF.exe's unspoken plan to scorn and abjure reason. He usually addresses my criticisms by accusing me of neopaganism, propagandism, child molestation, and halitosis. WOOF.exe hopes that by delegitimizing me this way, no one will listen to me when I say that there are some simple truths in this world. First, it's time that a few facts had a chance to slip through the fusillade of hype. Second, no group has done so much to procure explosive devices, gasoline, and detonators for use in an upcoming campaign of terror as WOOF.exe's slaves. And finally, there is only one way to stop WOOF.exe from promoting promiscuity and obscene language. We must make out of fools, wise people; out of fanatics, men of sense; out of idlers, workers; out of damnable, beggarly shirkers, people who are willing to name and shame WOOF.exe's underlings for their intemperate acts of obscurantism. Then together we can set the record straight. Together we can show the world that WOOF.exe is not interested in what is true and what is false or in what is good and what is evil. In fact, those distinctions have no meaning to him whatsoever. The only thing that has any meaning to WOOF.exe is exclusionism. Why? To answer that question, note that history provides a number of instructive examples for us to study. For instance, it has long been the case that it has been said that WOOF.exe once told his myrmidons, "Hey, let's all go out and make all of us pay for WOOF.exe's boondoggles!" (or words to that effect). I, in turn, suspect that we must work beyond the predatory plasticity of WOOF.exe's editorials. Those who claim otherwise do so only to justify their own repressive reinterpretations of historic events.

The significance of this is that WOOF.exe must have some sort of problem with reading comprehension. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why WOOF.exe accuses me of admitting that he can convince criminals to fill out an application form before committing a crime. What I actually said is that I'd like very much to respond to WOOF.exe's claim that national-security interests can and should be sidestepped whenever his personal interests are at stake. Unfortunately, taking into account WOOF.exe's background, education, and intelligence, I am quite sure that WOOF.exe would not be able to understand my response. Hence, let me say simply this: WOOF.exe deserves whatever measures it takes to quench his materialistic lies. Okay, that was a facetious statement. This one is not: Rather than attempting to work out his disagreements with others, WOOF.exe commonly turns to his friends tapinosis and meiosis, calling his opponents "illiberal ruffians", "rambunctious hermits", or even "predatory marauders". I find that rather sad, primarily because people like WOOF.exe make me sick. But wait—as they say on late-night television infomercials—there's more: If natural selection indeed works by removing the weakest and most genetically unfit members of a species then WOOF.exe is clearly going to be the first to go.

Those who have most injured and oppressed humanity, who have most deeply sinned against it, are, according to WOOF.exe's standards and conscience, good people. Apparently, bad people are those who have noticed that WOOF.exe's forces feel that "WOOF.exe holds a universal license that allows him to smear and defame me." First off, that's a lousy sentence. If they had written instead that the older he gets, the more unholy he becomes then that quote would have had more validity. As it stands, he once said that doing the fashionable thing is more important than life or liberty. His sycophants and others capable of little more than rote psittacism are now saying that too. In contrast, I say that finding the best way to provide a trenchant analysis of WOOF.exe's crotchets is a challenging problem indeed. We must therefore tackle this problem with more determination, more tenacity, and more fanaticism than it has ever been tackled before. Only then will people realize that it is high time for people everywhere to wake up and speak out against WOOF.exe's blathering tirades. But there's the rub; people are looking for answers, not ideology. I challenge him to move from his broad derogatory generalizations to specific instances to prove otherwise.

Whether you call it "isolationism", "sadism", or "Tartuffism", it is alive and well in WOOF.exe's ruminations. It's what convinced me that there are three fairly obvious problems with WOOF.exe's smears, each of which needs to be addressed by any letter that attempts to stand up and fight for our heritage, traditions, and values. First, I don't buy WOOF.exe's worn-out argument that unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point. Second, his generalizations form a vast brainwashing and brain-contaminating machine, which has worked, on the whole, with great efficiency. And third, his plunderbund has found a rallying cry for its upcoming battle against our most treasured liberties. That rallying cry is, "A totalitarian dictatorship is the best form of government we could possibly have!" It's quotes like that that make me realize that WOOF.exe likes to imply that I'm some sort of cully who can be duped into believing that advertising is the most veridical form of human communication. This is what his blandishments amount to, although, of course, they're daubed over with the viscid slobber of lascivious drivel devised by his associates and mindlessly multiplied by stiff-necked, out-of-touch degenerates. As a final reminder, please don't let WOOF.exe's prevarications dissuade you from struggling unceasingly against his unremitting stream of cacodoxies and slander. Let this letter serve as your compass while you journey through his wilderness of lies.

Michael Collins30/05/2012 16:42

Originally posted by FLP
XJ DOESN'T NEED MORE FORUM ADMINS,XJ NEEDS MORE DEMO ADMINS.Don't know why are you always paying attention on unimportant things like banning people like kafds instead of actually doing some work for this community.Faster demo release,faster lj release(something like once a month at least),regular Rotws,regular map release,maybe some interviews from time to time that's what we want to see.For years you are crying about that there aren't enough demo admins,ffs make a news ,,We need more demo admins. Please make application here.'' and I'm sure that you will find some guys with enough knowledge and experience.


- I agree with you . But only one problem is , even if xj found member with enough experience and knowledge for admin status , he'll be active 1 till 2 months , after that he will stop with all actions on xj (chriZzo explained about that) . That's sad but true story about sites like xj ...

I also agree with you about interviews . It will be great to see interview with someone from admin stuff , or with some famous jumper , moviemaker etc .

Page 2 of 3