Have more admins usefull ?
Started by WOOFix
24/05/2012 09:51
Read-Only
Page 3 of 3
WOOFix30/05/2012 16:44
Originally posted by JondeI am not WOOF.exe's psychiatrist, BLABLABLABLA ...
This
Originally posted by WOOF.exePlz don't spam any worthless respons, this is serious thread.
Best regards.
KTHXBYENB
jusuuh30/05/2012 17:31(edited 30/05/2012 17:32)
Originally posted by WOOF.exeKinda ironic to earn that from someone who is not from a English speaking country.
I think that nominating friends of admins (even if it's forum admins only) is just non sens, especially when there are so lacks of admins in other parts (I was talking about Vee doing the demo stuff all alone and besides that, you guys are still nominated an extra forum-admin, who is like 15 years old). Just be a bit more serious and say clearly you don't want the community to pass the next 3 years.
I'm not even talking about some admins activity cause no one is fooled.
Well it's kinda ironic that anyone who happens to understand English well, sees that even your title is totally misspelled and doesn't mean anything. Anyways, I understand you as a friend of France & as a French speaker. It's not that important to know English well out there. Anyways to stand behind your points, just try to make your phrases a bit simpler - with that it could be more readable for others.
Still nominating means naming the persons who have applied for admins. For example nobody^ applied himself with a free form, and I actually know anyone in the staff who is close friend of him? If you count me, you could do it on about every admin selection, I just happen to know a lot guys from the scene. Anyways nobody^ applied himself and we accepted him.
Basicly now you that the main point of this thread from your side is that extra-admin like nobody^ is basicly harming XJ? That sounds more like personal hate. I know, we know, that he is young, but choicing him doesn't affect to any other part of the admin squad at all. Even thought we would be searching staff for content + demo -sides, we could recruit million forumadmins to make sure the forum works. It's different part than these others, as you might've noticed.
About Vee doing his job alone for now, I already explained that in my previous replies. Naming million other admins doesn't affect in search & recruitation for admins to the other squads. Is that so hard to understand? Like chrizZo wisely said, we don't have any admin limit, so what do you think f.ex. nobody^ is taking out from the other admins, or the possible new admins? Does he harm out community by helping out with the moderation of the forums? Should we always underlimit our resources to make sure nothing works well?
I'm still curious about your points, please brief me in - if you still have something to say.
faker
30/05/2012 19:12(edited 30/05/2012 23:20)
Originally posted by WOOF.exeOriginally posted by ganjA!But c'mon guys , even my 11 years old brother can do this .. We would like to see some MEGA-POOL of the year / demo recorder of the month / interviews / map-releases more often / weeklies.. you feel me?
This.
You clearly underestimate how time consuming all this work is - and with all due respect, before you have tried to do such or similar work, you don't have the authority or expertise to judge that.
Originally posted by ZippoWThe reason we lack somewhat content on the frontpage right now is because the people who used to make those articles,interviews, etc aren't here anymore, or they are but they aren't interested.
Exactly nailed the point.
As long as there aren't guys who are volunteering for this, it simply can't happen.
Being admin on XJ is unpaid and voluntary work for the community. For now, we don't have the capacities to do these task, as our admins currently don't want to do these things or can't do these things because their daily life and schedules don't allow them to.
If you are interested in making these things happen send you own admin application instead of blaming the other guys for comitting "too less" of their lifetime.
@prad:
Well, you left for a while without letting the "higher" admins know what is going on. So they did what they had to do... they asked your former fellows about whats going on with you, and after being told that you are "out" and cant do stuff anymore, the list was updated (and your name removed). No personal feelings or issues there, I can understand your disappointment after hearing the story from your side, but it's not like this was totally our "fault" after what we were told from your "fellows".
@W00f.exe:
Actually chrizZo's post was a lot more "useful" than your previous posts (since most of your posts did draw wrong conclusions without any background knowledge - and were posted in a polemic way).
On top of that you answer with a pure spam post yourself - quite paradox, isn't it?
Originally posted by WOOF.exeI think that nominating friends of admins (even if it's forum admins only) is just non sens, especially when there are so lacks of admins in other parts
What are you even talking about?
Only way to become admin here at XJ is via normal application (every user in the whole community can send an application). Once the application is posted in the admin area, the admins decide democratically what is happening to the application.
This is how applications work on 99% of all communities in the internet and how job applications in the real life are going to work as well - absolutely nothing unusal.
Originally posted by WOOF.exe(I was talking about Vee doing the demo stuff all alone and besides that, you guys are still nominated an extra forum-admin, who is like 15 years old).
Again... conclusions drawn out of nowhere.
How do you even know that Vee wants help and asked for a new second admin to help him? Actually, in the past it was quiet the contrary.
XJ survived 6-7 years with 1 demo admin before, so why do you mind?
You don't think that we have enough experience to assess where admins are needed and when?
The more stunning problem is the lag of serious feedback we got in the latest recruiting newsposts ( jusuuh did already point that out when he talked about the recruitment for the esports/streaming squad). Same applies to all other similar newsposts that were posted recenty.
You are the community. Get active and help, instead of leaning back and expect content (+ blame other people for not delivering it)!
prad30/05/2012 21:42(edited 30/05/2012 23:18)
Originally posted by faker@prad:
Well, you left for a while without letting the "higher" admins know what is going on. So they did what they had to do... they asked your former fellows about whats going on with you, and after being told that you are "out" and cant do stuff anymore, the list was updated (and your name removed). No personal feelings or issue there, I can understand your disappointment after hearing the story from your side, but it's not like this was totally our "fault" after what we were told from your "fellows".
hey Faker, long time, how are you? I guess you are doing well, both kz-wise and life-wise ;]
Coming back to business, being in your position, I don't blame you at everything that keeps happening around at XJ, it's indeed a huge place, and ironically, the chaos keeps on increasing at an alarming rate with every single passing day; so obviously I guess it becomes very difficult for you to even KNOW the names of your subordinates, who chose to dedicate their time and effort to work out for the community.
That "left for a while" was due to exams, and I guess we admins had enough understanding of each other to let each others know, in and out.
I too have no "personal feeling issues" out anymore, I just wonder who could have told that I was "out" and "couldn't work anymore", when in reality I had actually told that to no "fellow" of mine.
--------
I have huge respect and regards for you, please don't degrade it, by these ambiguous comments, from some unknown sources. It would have possibly taken 2 minutes to drop me a pm and clear it out, than to spoil the situation.
Take care.
WOOFix30/05/2012 21:56(edited 30/05/2012 21:57)
This thread was originaly created to point out the fact that ZippoW got nominated (among his admin application or whatever its called) because he was a friend of jusuuh and now nobody nominated because he is a friend of ZippoW. Some kind of corruption shit.
But since no one seems to confess that, I'll just move on.
I wanted just to point out this fact, no offense or polemic was meant to be established. I understood everybody's point especially Prads and with more distance, chrizZos. And this has nothing to do with me wanting to be admin as jusuuh suggested or anything of this type.
Wisely would someone close this thread plz.
Peace out ombres.
jusuuh30/05/2012 22:12
Originally posted by WOOF.exeThis thread was originaly created to point out the fact that ZippoW got nominated (among his admin application or whatever its called) because he was a friend of jusuuh and now nobody nominated because he is a friend of ZippoW. Some kind of corruption shit.
But since no one seems to confess that, I'll just move on.
I wanted just to point out this fact, no offense or polemic was meant to be established. I understood everybody's point especially Prads and with more distance, chrizZos. And this has nothing to do with me wanting to be admin as jusuuh suggested or anything of this type.
Wisely would someone close this thread plz.
Peace out ombres.
Well, good that you made things clear. This prooves that you failed on the whole thread, because either of the things you said aren't facts. ZippoW wasn't nominated because of me, he was nominated through his own application. I can say that I voted for him in the selection voting, but I did that because he was a suitable guy for the position. Aswell as did many others, it wasn't up to me at all.
About nobody^, he was also nominated for an admin candidate through his own application for the position, and therefor we voted about him. Nothing to do with ZippoW either.
Now, where are the facts? I doubt you know these better than us.
As requested, closed.
Page 3 of 3