faker the "holy" saint? some storie

Started by melody
21/08/2013 18:53
Page 1 of 3
melody21/08/2013 18:53(edited 21/08/2013 19:32)

Hey fellow XJ People,

I'd like to discuss a rather hot topic.

As we all know, XJ.eu's Staff esp. faker, is fighting Cheaters, Multiaccounters and in general everyone who miss-behaves without any pity.

I'm here to question this behaviour, since the holy saint has got a dark past himself.

Did you guys know, that faker got banned from europes biggest gaming League several times for Multi-Accounting and/or Fake-Accounting and general misschiefious behaviour AND cheating?

I don't intend to disrespect his work or anything, without him, all this wouldn't work - but from my point of view its completely unfair to treat certain people the way he/XJ does and I think it needs to be changed - at least a little bit.

I'd like to take kayne as an example. People hate and pick on him, without knowing that he contributed quite a lot to KZ. He sent in Cheats to faker, he helped the Staff etc. and never got any Appreciation nor Credit for that.

Furthermore, people like kafds or sooshka get banned out of the Community and they get no chance whatsoever to get back in - which is quite unfair imo. Not just them, look at WOOF - he was User of the Year 2012 or 2011, I can't remember, he got banned as well for "not so clear reasons". I don't know if those bans are coming out of a personal dislike towards certain people. But taking the past of the CEO himself into Account, I think this Thread has a point.

As we all can see, faker is not the same guy anymore, he has grown up. Everyone deserves to prove, that he/she has grown up in a way. The excuse "Guy was a retard" or "that Guy? no way, he's a fag." are rather weak.

Everyone deserves multiple Chances to prove that he/she has changed their Attitude.

So, I pled for a change in the Rules there. If somebody missbehaves, he shouldn't get an insta-ban, instead, the Staff should talk to the person and think of a fitting "punishment". A Time-ban or something smiliar to that. Or the opportunity to write an Essay (that exists, I think?). Anyways, I think rules have to be loosened up on here, since we are a quite small Community and banning active People doesn't help the Community.

/Discuss!

EDIT: some links, so u can see its not bullshit!

http://www.esl.eu/de/news/15115/

Just translate it from German to Swedish or English and you will see what he and his Team did back then.

His Account, in the Log you can see he was involved : http://www.esl.eu/de/player/log/898504/

KooleN21/08/2013 19:28

I smell multiaccount.

Supa21/08/2013 19:38

not surprised at all

killahurtZ21/08/2013 20:34(edited 21/08/2013 20:45)

Supa are you on sex tourism in Ukraine ?

p.s Situation with WOOF.exe is very simple, WOOF.exe was user of the year and reward was permaban :lol:

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP21/08/2013 21:22(edited 21/08/2013 21:28)

So be it all truth, you want to justify those guys by bringing in faker's case which is absolutely irrelevant to kz and xj? That's lame. Faker has noticeably dropped down his activity on XJ but he is still around, he is still there after so many years and he is lending a helping hand. He never changes his beliefs when it comes to XJ, it's his creature and there is no way he could betray it. Maybe he screwed up there but it's all good in here.

People disrespect kayne because of his terrible personality and the way he acts on public, it obscures the good work he has done for xj and I'm sure many appreciate it, even though they say nothing about it. Also, I'm sure kayne did get faker's interminable gratitude, I'm not sure what else you can get, money? No, lol. That's how it works in here and all fine with it.

People like kafds or soooshka don't seem to throw in a little peice of care, not even to write an essay. Woof won that nomination in 2013 lol, I think he didn't even know whats kz in 2011. He won it because of his offensive mockeries that some group of people considered amusing, but he was banned for that.

Originally posted by melody
As we all can see, faker is not the same guy anymore, he has grown up. Everyone deserves to prove, that he/she has grown up in a way. The excuse "Guy was a retard" or "that Guy? no way, he's a fag." are rather weak.

Now do you mind pointing me to those excuses, where did you even find them?

Originally posted by melody
Everyone deserves multiple Chances to prove that he/she has changed their Attitude.

That's a subjective point of view and I don't share yours. Although sooshka for instance was firstly banned for cheating many years ago and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't sent in a single essay but what he has made instead is a bunch of accounts. Woof didn't send his essay as well.

Originally posted by melody
So, I pled for a change in the Rules there. If somebody missbehaves, he shouldn't get an insta-ban, instead, the Staff should talk to the person and think of a fitting "punishment". A Time-ban or something smiliar to that.

That's how we roll sometimes, unless the case is crystal clear.

Originally posted by melody
Anyways, I think rules have to be loosened up on here, since we are a quite small Community and banning active People doesn't help the Community.

Yeah, kinda agree with that, lately I'm keeping to this idea as well.

Keo mapper21/08/2013 21:54

Even if all that is true (about esl), there's no relevance of what faker IS for xj and what faker HAS DONE for xj, to what he has done there on esl, and as a kreedzer and a frequent visitor of this website, i only care about what he does here. And quite frankly i'm more than satisfied and thankful for faker's work on XJ.
If kids can't behave, or some mature ("mature") guys can't help but be small minded, that is not faker's fault (or any of the admins fault).

Pointing fingers is easy, way too easy and only the weak (and small minded people) do that.

And another shoutout to all those that acuse different players of cheating (talking about world recordholders)....either show some proofs or shut the fudge up. It's getting pretty lame and ridiculous.

remake21/08/2013 22:03(edited 21/08/2013 22:06)

The article you posted is from 2005.. that's 8 years ago, or a century in internet time. It has minimal relevance in this case.

The people you mentioned broke rules multiple times, so the bans themselves were justified and I cannot recall any cases of people being banned for "being a retard" (which is an exaggeration anyway and loosely translates to "flaming/spamming/insulting"). What I agree with though is that XJ is (way) too pedantic when it comes to enforcing the rules, e.g. people being banned for accidental multiaccounts (which they hadn't had used for years anyway) or getting a warning for writing a word in a language other than English. Encouraging activity should be one of the top priorities of the administration - it's not going to be achieved by banning a few "annoying" people, such as kafds, who caused less harm in a few years than kayne did in a month.

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP21/08/2013 22:43(edited 21/08/2013 22:46)

What pedantry remake, we left it in the past.

Lol this article was indeed posted years ago

remake21/08/2013 23:35

You're still giving warnings to people for doubleposting.

Not true, the last guy with warning for multi posting had 4 unnecessary posts in a raw, that's different.

FLP22/08/2013 01:29

This community was much more interesting when there were people like woof,kafds,kunqui,plaque,napz...
So they trolled a bit so what?Kafds did more for kz then 90% of you admins here on xj.
I know for sure that some of the admins couldn't wait to ban woof so they just waited for him to do something...
People are different and I for example never liked kunqui but I miss reading his comments and after all that time he deserves to be unbanned...
Only cheaters should get perm banned...

This post about faker is ridiculous,so he cheated 8 years ago and that means that he is a bad person?
He is one of the few people who gave almost everything for kz and xj and he deserves respect from all of us.

Nikša Jovanovic22/08/2013 02:47(edited 22/08/2013 02:48)

Hi kayne, wassa up?

gromit22/08/2013 03:19(edited 22/08/2013 03:23)

That's not kayne. His English is nowhere near as good as that. It's pretty obvious who it is though.

And yes 120 wpm sucks...

kaynerecord holder22/08/2013 03:38

Originally posted by niki
Hi kayne, wassa up?


hi :)


i think this thread is a few years late

Michael Collins22/08/2013 10:54

Originally posted by Supa
not surprised at all


Mister Zack, what the hell you doing in Ukraine ?

@Thread,

A boo-hoo, so many not so important stuff, faker did it when ESL was just opened, when no one knew it's gonna be biggest eSport league. Besides, without him god know what would happened to this site...

Originally posted by FLP
This community was much more interesting when there were people like woof,kafds,kunqui,plaque,napz...
So they trolled a bit so what?Kafds did more for kz then 90% of you admins here on xj.
I know for sure that some of the admins couldn't wait to ban woof so they just waited for him to do something...
People are different and I for example never liked kunqui but I miss reading his comments and after all that time he deserves to be unbanned...
Only cheaters should get perm banned...

This post about faker is ridiculous,so he cheated 8 years ago and that means that he is a bad person?
He is one of the few people who gave almost everything for kz and xj and he deserves respect from all of us.

I'm sorry to say this, dude, but I think I just lost last piece of my faith in your savvy really. Do you sometimes read other comments or you post your stuff automatically?

ndR moviemaker Tournament #222/08/2013 12:03

About ex-members like WOOF.exe:

Originally posted by ndR
XJ and faker have been kind enough so many times with banned people: every banned guy has had a 2nd or a 3rd chance, if people can't follow simple community rules, that's their problem, no matter how "funny" or interesting they are.

You guys love trollers? I don't, and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the remaining active members would agree with me. Depressed guys in real life voicing their anger and frustrations on the internet as an outlet, this is all I see.

FLP22/08/2013 15:32(edited 22/08/2013 15:43)

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
Originally posted by FLP
This community was much more interesting when there were people like woof,kafds,kunqui,plaque,napz...
So they trolled a bit so what?Kafds did more for kz then 90% of you admins here on xj.
I know for sure that some of the admins couldn't wait to ban woof so they just waited for him to do something...
People are different and I for example never liked kunqui but I miss reading his comments and after all that time he deserves to be unbanned...
Only cheaters should get perm banned...

This post about faker is ridiculous,so he cheated 8 years ago and that means that he is a bad person?
He is one of the few people who gave almost everything for kz and xj and he deserves respect from all of us.

I'm sorry to say this, dude, but I think I just lost last piece of my faith in your savvy really. Do you sometimes read other comments or you post your stuff automatically?

Tbh I'm too lazy to read long posts from people whose opinions I already know.
So if they just write some bullshit that they are sorry for what they did and they are not gonna do this anymore they get ubnanned?
Essays are fucking stupid,if somebody doesn't understand english so well and he can't write an essay so he can't get unbanned?
And why would they be sorry in the first place when you kept them banned for so long?Kunqui has been banned for more than year and a half for insulting someone,Kafds has been banned for how many years for trolling?Napz was banned a year ago for recording demo for someone else and you still didn't remove his ban?He is one of the best bhoppers of all time and if you really care about this community you should kiss his ass so he can come back and record again and bring back more users.
I don't know if you understand how ridiculous this punishments are.
You are acting like you are gods and everybody depends on you,but the thing is that you/xj depend on every user and without them you are nothing.
You're the ones who should be sorry not the guys who have been banned for years for nothing...

"...guys who have been banned for years for nothing..."
haha...after you say all the reasons why they get ban,you say that...

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP22/08/2013 20:11(edited 22/08/2013 20:18)

Lol you really seem to be serious. You've been refuted on this point so many times and you still don't want to grasp it. I'll explain it all to you in the simpliest possible way...

Originally posted by FLP
Essays are fucking stupid,if somebody doesn't understand english so well and he can't write an essay so he can't get unbanned?

By sending an essay you're showing that you are sorry for what you've done and that you want to keep on visiting the site. If you are bad in english, there are always people all around to help you. Although, your essay doesn't need to look like a professional literature but just to point out the fact that you are serious about that and you are letting us know that you realized your fail and you want to keep visiting the site, as I said.

Originally posted by FLP
And why would they be sorry in the first place when you kept them banned for so long?

They don't send essays, therefore showing no desire in getting unbanned, therefore no unban consideration. If they are not sorry, look up at my previous sentence.

Originally posted by FLP
Kunqui has been banned for more than year and a half for insulting someone...

He got his ban not just out of someones fun. He did not send essay, therefore not interested in unban, therefore no ban consideration.

kafds' case is a little complicated tbh, I'm not getting into it as I don't know all the facts.

Originally posted by FLP
Napz was banned a year ago for recording demo for someone else and you still didn't remove his ban?

NAPZ was firstly banned for cheating, then he sent us an essay and he got his chance (I remind you that demo violations are the most hard ones). Then he recorded demo for someone else and betryaed our trust for the 2nd time, he got his ban again. He sent another essay relatively short after, but this time we couldn't trust him, not surprisingly. You don't know what to expect from a guy who behaves like that, do you? Btw, he didn't send any more essays after that, guess he doesn't want it much.

Originally posted by FLP
He is one of the best bhoppers of all time and if you really care about this community you should kiss his ass so he can come back and record again and bring back more users.

We do care about community and that's why we are trying to prevent it from cheaters and rule intruders. We are not kissing asses of those who don't respect us, the community. I am a little surprised that you don't feel offended that he tried to fool all the community (including you) TWICE.


Originally posted by FLP
I don't know if you understand how ridiculous this punishments are.

Say that after what you've read just now in your next post and I'll publicly call you an idiot.

Or thanks for stopping to post and quitting from conversation like it usually happens with other guys who can't accept facts. You are this type of person who are against everything that is not in his well-specified model of his own perfect reality, you'll never agree.

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.