Those were the days...
Originally posted by SzczupaKIt's all about enterteiment! If coming to see the same site every day and u see same post u just leave. Most wr's are geeked so why dont clean them every year and award top5.
I kinda like this idea and then you can have like a page with all the generations top5's ''top 5 of 2014''' and so on. This would probably be a solid idea if not that it would still be quite boring because the maps are the same so I don't know really but I dig the idea
They should keep the current records list and save it as the original and most important. Then as you've said, make a new one every year named "Records List of 201x" :) that'd be great ... still, it's a bad idea somehow, but its great on the other hand.
for me it started when they decided to take kayne back,good plan,good plan
but yeah cs is just dying and this community feels it first. also kz got pretty boring once every wr was about miliseconds since there was nothing new,unless kokouz took it
i still believe "tons" of new maps would freshen the site.
now that cosy is down, I would bring all the best maps here, that could be nice
Cosy isn't down.
my bad, I thought I read that somewhere, nvm then, sorry
Oh, also: The way XJ has been "working" the last few years has basically set the downfall for all of this. I'm pretty sure, that with competent staff and proper managing of the website without corruption, kreedz would be as active as it has been some time ago (if not even more active)
But ofcourse, XJ claims the place to be the "official kreedz community" and basically destroys kz all by themselves by doing the shittiest job possible at managing the site
That's your opinion volte and that's fine. However, you have to take into consideration that our community is based on help of our userbase. Staff was is and will consist of the reasonable people who offer help. We can try to encourage people to help but we can't demand it. Pretty much every admin XJ have had, had been a regular unsatisfied user just like you, but they actually cared much enough to step in with initiatives. I don't mean it in the way that you have no right to express your negative opinion, just pointing out the facts. Of course there may be "smarter" people but those are not willing to actively contribute. I can safely say that with the years passing by, we're in more and more deficiency for people who can make changes. Good and fresh example is the latest admins recruitment. It has passed a couple of months already and having no single edition released, weekly team has been disbanded. I couldn't say we're doing very good with the movie department as well, although it's ok. I'm just saying that it's the community that makes changes, you and your mates. People are being cranky and somehow take things for granted. I know it's odd to say this but no admin gets paid for the contribution, as well as no user pays taxes, we are not in the right position to demand tbh. XJ is a community driven place.
[blockquote]community is based on help of our userbase, it's the community that makes changes XJ is a community driven place..[/blockquote] So in your opinion its users fault that admins dont post interesting stuff, right ?
What could users possibly do except for chatbox, forum posts and recording demos ?
Why dont you step in with initiatives, shock ? Over the years you had a plenty of chances to observe what people here at XJ like and want and the fact youre not an admin anymore doesnt mean you cant contribute in any way.
I have never quiet understood this excuse ShoCk. It always feels like admins / most people who were admins blame the community if the community gets too loud and unstatisfied. It has been like this for years. If one complains about WR releases/movie releases/map releases, admins act like it was the complainers fault for being a dick about something they don't like, that the admins work even less if you "always" complain and that people can only complain, but not help or contribute in anyway.
And yet, you guys (at least in the past) rejected a lot of offers and applications for help by guys from the community, stating that person X is not trustable or person Y is too much of a troll in order to do the job.
And nevertheless one or another irresponsible untrustable troll is having an admin position (Hi to a specific person)
Also, even if someone from the outside were to contribute with one or another good idea the most possible outcome was a "we will discuss it" followed by closing the thread and never having anything happen afterwards.
Oh, and ofcourse the community can be very toxic, but this is not a phenomen only happening in KZ. People who complain have and will always exist in every comminty, but by blaming the people who complained about a specific topic you guys actually only managed to raise the number of complainers, to the point were admins almost act like the community has become a place full of asses who can't be helped, when yet a lot of people I come across are helpful and nice people.
No PU9maker, that's not exactly how I mean it, every user is not guilty exactly and plainly you interpret it, but if every single user felt unconcerned about what is going around then the community would simply not exist. I'm not saying that they are directly guilty, again, but if admins have problems and do not cope with their job then I guess it's a call for help, who to help if not users?
I did step with initiatives and I did my best. You are right, I'm no longer admin, but why do you think I don't contribute anymore? I actually do, well trivia that you can't see and I offered management my help with the weeklies as soon as I found out the team had been disbanded.
I think I made my point regarding the first paragraph of yours volte. I can't really account for something I have not done and have not had required authority to affect and yeah I'm not gonna deny that, staff has done mistakes, some pernicious mistakes too. Yeah I guess you can blame them all you want, that's not gonna change the past, but what we can improve is present. It's also true that staff is lacking initiatives, well that's the community we have.
Originally posted by ShoCkThat's your opinion volte and that's fine. However, you have to take into consideration that our community is based on help of our userbase. Staff was is and will consist of the reasonable people who offer help. We can try to encourage people to help but we can't demand it. Pretty much every admin XJ have had, had been a regular unsatisfied user just like you, but they actually cared much enough to step in with initiatives. I don't mean it in the way that you have no right to express your negative opinion, just pointing out the facts. Of course there may be "smarter" people but those are not willing to actively contribute. I can safely say that with the years passing by, we're in more and more deficiency for people who can make changes. Good and fresh example is the latest admins recruitment. It has passed a couple of months already and having no single edition released, weekly team has been disbanded. I couldn't say we're doing very good with the movie department as well, although it's ok. I'm just saying that it's the community that makes changes, you and your mates. People are being cranky and somehow take things for granted. I know it's odd to say this but no admin gets paid for the contribution, as well as no user pays taxes, we are not in the right position to demand tbh. XJ is a community driven place.
Yeah. Stalin was a community oriented leader of Russia! The people did all the work and he exercised all the power!
It's an issue of respect. Everyone I've talked to who's contributed to the kz community recently has bad things to say about their experience working with xj staff. People generally feel used and disrespected for their efforts, mappers especially are sick of being put under the microscope. I know there's always going to be some of that, community contributors want a bigger piece of the pie, but everyone here who contributes contributes for free. Mappers aren't getting paid, runners aren't getting paid, server providers aren't getting paid, streamers aren't getting paid. XJ admins have no special status. They should be here for us, not to exercise their unique brand of justice.
PU9 may not have been the most brilliant site contributor, but I find it EXTREEEEEMLY disrespectful/arrogant to disgrace someone who contributed so much free content the way it was done because they are too busy to keep up production at the same rate they started, which is the only reason I've ever been given for why he was effectively dishonorably discharged.
I know there are some really good xj admins, but the general feeling should be that xj is obligated to the community, not the other way around. The community isn't responsible for making xj work well, xj is responsible to providing a service to the community.
All I see is just the current generation of e-dicks breaking their toys out of stupidity and immatury as kids would do.
This does not only concern XJ, but every e-community.
I think there's a lot of different reason. First of all I still think(without knowing) that there's still as many people who reads the news and watch the new releases, but the limit is just pushed so much, that we have seen it all before. I don't think people tend to comment, unless there's something new or something exiting and right now, I just feel like it's the same cup updates every week with the same winners. There’s just nothing new or exciting on the FrontPage anymore.
Also I don't understand that XJ decided to remove an admin like PU9maker, who always made exciting interviews and community updates. Why no more Community Updates or interviews? That was like the most exciting news at XJ apart from wr releases.
Also XJ just doesn't always make great decisions’. Making old cheaters as demoadmins just isn't really trustworthy at all. And also back in the day removing an admin like Thopa who was probably one of the, if not the best admin of all time at xj.
But also the community has part of it. I have to agree with ndR, that there's this generation of immature kids ruining it for everybody and ruining the unity. And it's not only at xj but in most communities nowadays, sadly.
My post ended up having a lot of negativity towards xj, but it mostly just things I think they can do better. Last, we shouldn't forget that nothing last forever. You can do a lot of things to keep something alive for a longer a longer period time, but it will always be a matter of time before it slowly dies and we just have to enjoy it as long as it last, instead of being all negative about it. I will actually say that XJ is still doing very well. As far as I know the professional part of real 1.6 is totally dead, while the professional part of kz is still alive (if you can call it professional).
Please log in to post replies.