Mapping Contest thread
No, only on my own server so far. But it's not all maps, just the last 15 versions or so of the competition map.
Working theory right now is that I went over a limit. Checking the log I'm over the planes limit in the beginning but not in the end when compile is done. I usually only check the list at the end and their values. I have no idea how it actually works. But perhaps someone can check their log on the final compile and see the planes value first time and then later in the log (optimised?) for the final value. If it is optimised it shouldn't matter what it was from the start....but perhaps the final value isn't a final value but a value for a certain tool? I'm so confused right now... =o
It does say "Reduced 37528 planes to 11960" in the log so one would assume it is ok..
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/565519171694539216/7BF9572C684609D3E6C30B27367DCA190067241A/1024x575.resizedimage
gonna nulltexture everything , add some details and find some people for beta-testing
So the deadline is approaching, you guys finished your maps? You submitted them already? If anyone still needs help with testing and stuff I'll gladly help.
I'm finishing post things and still looking for people to test the map for bugs/scs and so :) I'll just have to add some more details to map tonight , also it's my first map project , hope it doesn't matter I signed for the contest today
Well well well...I had to cut down on stuff...from 125% planes to 100%....so stuff had to go...entire sections...cruel but what can ya do. Also had to cut down on details and decor..and had to simplify the look of stuff. Cut out 1/8 of the map and it wasn't enough...yay.
Bring out the chainsaw yo....vrroooom. Stuff has to go. Lovely to have to do this last few days.. =)
Now I just need to add a simpler path with jumps, re-make all the panels in the spawn area for the third time, check that the coin collecting still works as it should with the panels etc and hey...whaddya know...map be done and stuff...maybe perhaps...
https://i.imgflip.com/ax4n1.jpg
2 days left guys...looks like some of us are in trouble,
I suggest a news post on 8 august where is some kind of information about the streaming session,admins->choose a day for the stream and let mappers know that as the final chance for their map to be uploaded is on that day of the stream
Example:NEWS->Stream for the maps submmited will be in 1 week after "deadline"....so those guys that have trouble finishing their maps has till 15 august to submit their map or every1 will start the stream without their map....and i suggest there to be a list when the stream start so we know and have a subject to discuss in chat about the names and the map what will appear on stream :)
PU9 if you keep droping an eye over here ..hope you are discussing in admin section about details of the stream :)
BTW-tidal i cant wait to hear you again :D
damn i need moar time
just submitted!
and yea spider1, looking forward to the news post about the stream/judging =)
and also, with all the demo confusion lately, remember to only release 1 version of your map everyone :p
I don't think we should be allowed more time. We can use big bandaids and put it together somehow. =)
I suspect I will have a buisy day tomorrow...umm...today...sigh....
I'll submit my map today, cuz now i'm on 90 %. So, when is the deadline? 7th august 23:59 or 8th august 23:59?
Originally posted by JustErroR^8th august 23:59
tomorrow before midnight
Hey guys,
If its really neccessary we can extend the deadline but under one condition - only if the mappers who submitted their maps in time ( 8.th August 2014 @ 23:59 ) agree with it.
What do you say ?
About Stream : Tidal is busy this weekend and so am I so the streaming is most likely happening on the next weekend ( 16-17. August )
PU9:D
As i said in my previous post,a good idea is to give those who cant finish their map,that time between announcement of the stream date and the actual stream.They will have enough time.
Im ok with that...but not cool if we extend the "deadline" and the Front Page News and stream announcement will be delayed..
I belive +1 week is just enough to finish your soooo long map and submit it in time.
If we delay,what im ok with this,hope the stream will not gonna be around september cuz will sux then....
Ok sry for double but your edits drive me crazy =]]
When tidal has the day free and agree,then the stream will be[best way,tidal way :D ]
Well?
Do you need moar temi Keo?:D:D you got it..im sure they will accept the extend..is "profit" for both sides..XJ will recive more maps and we[mapper] will have a good competition :D
Well ya if the check/stream will be on 16 I see no reason why mappers couldn't submit the maps until then... Nobody will check them until the stream anyways... I just hope it will in fact happen on 16 and not get delayed...
the stream was supposed to happen this weekend - thats why the deadline was set to 8.th august. but Tidal's sister is getting married this weekend ( if i remember correctly ) so we had to postpone the streaming.
So basically you're saying that we don't know if we get an extension until after the deadline has passed, since someone theoretically can turn in their map at @23.59 tonight and say no to the extension. So to be sure not to be screwed over we have to turn in something before the deadline expires. And if we can do that we don't really need an extension anyway....and we also have turned in something so it will be more work for everyone if we want to turn in a new version.
Personally then, I would want to turn in a map tonight...but if we get an extension I likely would try and optimize my map so I could fit back in some of the stuff I had to cut out...will that be a problem?
And since I will turn in my map before the deadline I vote yes to extension if it will save someone's map.
Please log in to post replies.