Mapping Contest thread

Started by FuZzy1 mapper
01/07/2014 19:23
Page 5 of 11
SzczupaK08/07/2014 11:03

Yo cobrex ur map looks like a hns map xD good idea btw
Sadpuppy i like that !

SadPuppy mapper09/07/2014 20:19

Just compiled what I think may be the final compile for my map. What am I gonna do with all the time remaining? Oh wait....I have other maps to work on? Yessss I doooOooo =)

Damn this heatwave though....sheeesh.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #209/07/2014 20:50

Originally posted by SadPuppy
Just compiled what I think may be the final compile for my map. What am I gonna do with all the time remaining? Oh wait....I have other maps to work on? Yessss I doooOooo =)

Damn this heatwave though....sheeesh.


What about sending that sht to me for testing ? :D

Keo mapper09/07/2014 22:57

the more the better, sadpuppy

Blake` mapper09/07/2014 23:57

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=946105511.png
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=487272792.png
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=798983333.png

SadPuppy mapper10/07/2014 11:42

At first glance the mirror effect looks nice, but after looking at it a bit I don't think it looks that good. I feel undecided about it, but I don't get the feeling it is natural at all. It doesn't look like a reflection, but more like it is a continous construction. I would texture the walls so the blocks look like they start on the floor as they would if you put the blocks on the floor (unless you want cut off bricks for some reason?)

I also feel the light shouldn't be exactly the same, but I haven't actually tried to create this effect so I don't know how hard it is to make it look like I would want it.

Just my thoughts on it. =)

Cobrex mapper Tournament #210/07/2014 13:01

its so easy to make a reflection like that, you just have to mess around with the textures in photoshop.
Try to make the "reflection" textures fade into white, and the "ceiling" (which is on the bottom in this case) white.
If you don't get what I'm meaning, I can provide some screenshots.

SadPuppy mapper10/07/2014 13:04

I haven't tried but do you need to do separate textures? I thought playing with lighting would be enough? If you need textures for everything too it would become a lot of work I think. Almost feeling like I have to try now.... =E

Prestige mapper10/07/2014 13:05

or he use same room below this room

Blake` mapper10/07/2014 21:07

Exactly Prestige 2 room for this effect.

SadPuppy mapper10/07/2014 21:22

I may be hallucinating in the heatwave...but I just tried my map with a demo recording plugin and it blocked the ammo I gave to the player at start? It even blocks refilling the clip to default when server performs a restartround. What's this about? Bad plugin? My map cannot be completed without shooting some seals in one area and thus I hand the player full ammo at start. Anyone have some info regarding this?

I already had the plugin fuck up my Blockrunner map since I had a hp door at the end to gain access to the secret...and the plugin found it and gave the player 250 hp at start...which totally sucks and broke my map btw.
(and noone bothered to mention it to me before release so I saw that in a demo....no I'm not bitter...maybe)

FuZzy1 mapper10/07/2014 21:34

Most of the servers give you the default amount of ammo when you press the start button, so you will have enough ammo if you make multiple runs. They probably wanted to keep the default values so that's the reason why it doesn't give you a full clip...

Are there so much stuff to shoot in your map so the default ammo isn't enough? Just make the strength smaller if you are using func_breakables... In the end kz is about jumping, not shooting walls...

SadPuppy mapper10/07/2014 21:40

Strength is set to 1 so they break immediately, but there are 10 of them. I think it should be up to the mapper what the map is about, be it normal jumps, bhops, surfs, hitting switches, shooting buttons, avoiding traps...or whatever.

If I add ammo to the player on the map I don't expect a plugin to strip it away again. That doesn't make sense.

FuZzy1 mapper10/07/2014 21:48(edited 10/07/2014 22:19)

a fix would be to put a trigger_multiple, somewhere after the player hits start, that would give ammo to the player... It can be placed where the player goes through a door for example...


Here are a few pics with some nearly finished rooms...

Image
Image
Image

FuZzy1 mapper11/07/2014 11:04

Hey i remember finding a models site a few years back, with lots of models on it and i can't find it anymore. It was a .ru site, that's all i know...

Anyone knows it? Or any good similar site?

Keo mapper11/07/2014 11:23

hl-lab.ru or http://www.17buddies.net/

FuZzy1 mapper11/07/2014 11:36

hl-lab.ru is the one :) thanx

PU9makerrecord holder15/07/2014 09:44

How's it going mappers ? Id like to see some new screen ;)

z3lim15/07/2014 14:04

much to do

http://i.imgur.com/8TkYKbM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AlanfnS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rglFP6G.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yQdgvt7.jpg

Kic mapper16/07/2014 23:00

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfybatogyrawxzu/Screenshot%202014-07-16%2023.58.28.png
About 40% done.

Page 5 of 11

Please log in to post replies.