Mapping Contest thread

Started by FuZzy1 mapper
01/07/2014 19:23
Page 6 of 11

Originally posted by z3lim
much to do

http://i.imgur.com/8TkYKbM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AlanfnS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rglFP6G.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yQdgvt7.jpg


Looks nice

SadPuppy mapper17/07/2014 00:14

I'm intrigued. I have seen lots of promising stuff. Keep working and finish in time =)

KarLi mapper17/07/2014 00:31

Originally posted by jaguarBR
http://i.imgur.com/VrHOH6F.png
(:


Wow im' glad people use my texture packs :D
and you got a nice style of mapping mate =)

nice entries by everyone :D

FuZzy1 mapper17/07/2014 12:48

My map is close to a beta release, still need a lot of work, but the jumps are finished.

As i told you before it is a hard map, and i'm looking for some good jumpers to test if the jumps are balanced and search for shortcuts...

So if you want to test the map give me a pm and we'll talk there...

PU9makerrecord holder17/07/2014 14:25

Nice to hear that. I just want to ask all mappers to keep their maps private. ( except for testers ofc )

Because all maps will be tested on our servers after the deadline with stream.
I think the element of surprise for jumpers is very important here.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #217/07/2014 15:11

Originally posted by PU9maker
Nice to hear that. I just want to ask all mappers to keep their maps private. ( except for testers ofc )

Because all maps will be tested on our servers after the deadline with stream.
I think the element of surprise for jumpers is very important here.



Will there be commentators? By the way, I hope it will get enough attention, as a frontpage newspost type of. I think that will motivate other mappers to improve and join the next contest, as it will bring them "fame", the thing most of us wanted when we were ... "unknown" :)

Yea,hope there will be tidel to comment :D

PU9makerrecord holder17/07/2014 15:23

Yes, ofc. Me, Tidal, and other testers will join XJ server and jump through maps, commentate what we like, what we dont like that much etc.. you know what I mean.

Also the mapper himself can join us on the XJ server and TS server, so we can ask him about things regarding the map ( where did he get the inspiration for this map, how long has he been mapping etc etc.. )

Frontpage news is 100%

Cobrex mapper Tournament #217/07/2014 16:15

I'd love to be there on TS with you guys, but I'm gonna be away : 4th aug - 11th aug
Any idea when all of this will happen?

PU9makerrecord holder17/07/2014 17:10

Current deadline is on 8th August. We can extend it if its neccessary for mappers tho. Then we will upload all the maps on our servers and THEN we will make some kind of a Stream schedule.
For example : We announce on 10th August that on 17th August we will be testing contest maps on STREAM and a small info about it bla bla.. u know what i mean.

So I think it could work this way, huh ?
Or you guys know any better way ? Please, tell.

tenkae mapper17/07/2014 17:16

I like the idea of mapper joining TS and server.. should be a fun event. look forward to it

I just hope this is not one of those tournaments where only the old school guys win because of their names..

PU9makerrecord holder17/07/2014 17:50

Did it happen in the past ? name one of those tournaments pls

Just saying :)

Kic mapper18/07/2014 22:12

about 60% done
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m386prw3bxco3qd/AACN2Eg3T4LFfmMCGHjVxAeba

Keo mapper18/07/2014 22:33

looking hot kicius

Yea indeed that sun is really looking hot :P
Hehe very ncie kicius i like how is looking:D
Wondering if you will ever try to make a hard map for those who like hard maps?:P
Your style is good,with just few jumps per stages/room/floor/roof[you know the idea XD ]
Hope you will take in consideration :D

jaguarBR mapper19/07/2014 03:36

http://i.imgur.com/UKoB6hg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oS0uNm6.jpg

80%

Keo mapper19/07/2014 07:04

nice! and the sky and lighting is awesome.

Kic mapper19/07/2014 12:03

Originally posted by Spider1
Yea indeed that sun is really looking hot :P
Hehe very ncie kicius i like how is looking:D
Wondering if you will ever try to make a hard map for those who like hard maps?:P
Your style is good,with just few jumps per stages/room/floor/roof[you know the idea XD ]
Hope you will take in consideration :D


I have made hard map - k_obscurity.

Page 6 of 11

Please log in to post replies.