Mapping Contest thread

Started by FuZzy1 mapper
01/07/2014 19:23
Page 7 of 11
PU9makerrecord holder19/07/2014 12:08

so epic guys !

Ive already tested 2 maps and both of them are unique with amazing environment and jumps..

Although I believe all the maps will be great. And it will be really hard to pick just 3 winners.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #219/07/2014 13:38

.. when I signed to this contest I wasn't expecting good maps
I thought I would have a chance to win something ... but damn, all 'em maps are great, if not epic. I'm scared :(

Mine is 95% done, I just have to fix some issues and improve the fps abit more. Naah PU9, you'll only test it in august :D

tenkae mapper20/07/2014 01:13

As long as you release a map that you're proud of.. doesn't matter if you get #1

..or not" think with this is better at your end of phrase,tenkae:D

Kic mapper23/07/2014 13:52(edited 23/07/2014 13:52)

Map is completed.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n72bcswitnkjznh/AADLvuh7jK_KM9Q2qYxUeITpa

FuZzy1 mapper23/07/2014 15:55

That fog doesn't look too good Kicius...

dEMolite mapper23/07/2014 18:47

needs a brighter color instead of that yellow/orange color.

Kic mapper23/07/2014 19:06

Map is uploaded, I can't change anything.

Keo mapper23/07/2014 19:17

but of course you can since it's not released.

Spider1 mapperlj record holder Tournament #323/07/2014 20:06(edited 23/07/2014 20:18)

If he likes it like this yellow/orange let it be like this...is his map/his vision on how the map should look...i like it Kicius like this good job,im sure you have the most chances to win :P
Btw i dont know how the jumps routeis.....looks like some parts are pretty close to each other....so,hope you took care of the sc's testing :P

KarLi mapper23/07/2014 20:52

Kicius , you can add me on steam and i can reput your map if you have any fixed version etc.

FuZzy1 mapper23/07/2014 20:59

The color of the fog is not the problem, is the fact that fog doesn't work with the sky, so is better to not use it at all in this kind of map...

And as spider1 said, the map is crowded, so make sure you test really good for shortcuts...

The deadline is on 8 Aug so no point to upload it so soon...

Kic mapper23/07/2014 22:49

I changed fog color, anyone who doesn't like it always can type gl_fog 0. Also if anyone wants to join in shortcuts searching can pm me.

dEMolite mapper24/07/2014 14:20

Originally posted by Kicius
I changed fog color, anyone who doesn't like it always can type gl_fog 0


or to ripent the map and change it to your own color :)

FuZzy1 mapper25/07/2014 14:36

I finished my map, so last chance to beta-test it. Who's interested send me a PM.

FuZzy1 mapper26/07/2014 08:36

I have some problems with the mpbhops plugin, it recognize some doors as bhop blocks. Is there a way to tell the plugin the those are normal doors?

I think i have a old version of the plugin, anyone knows where to get the latest? Maybe this problem is fixed in it...

dEMolite mapper26/07/2014 10:04(edited 26/07/2014 10:06)

its not your fault. you did everything right, if it works well with vanilla cs dont bother on plugins faults.

and yes there is a way to tell it the plugin but dont ask me how ^^

look on amxmodx forum there might be a newer version.

FuZzy1 mapper26/07/2014 10:25

it seems it was the old plugin fault. I found the one that is used on the majority of servers now, and it works great.

tenkae mapper27/07/2014 01:37(edited 27/07/2014 01:38)

Fuzzy can you link where you got this version of mpbhop thats in most servers?
Thanks

FuZzy1 mapper27/07/2014 07:09

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=90242?t=90242

Page 7 of 11

Please log in to post replies.