Mapping Contest thread

Started by FuZzy1 mapper
01/07/2014 19:23
Page 8 of 11
jaguarBR mapper30/07/2014 01:13

http://i.imgur.com/0cTKWU8.jpg

perd0 mapper30/07/2014 01:24

Originally posted by jaguarBR
http://i.imgur.com/0cTKWU8.jpg

Looking sweet :) I am withdrawing from competition, too much time spent at work + girlfriend. Sorry guys. That doesn't mean though I am not going to map anything any soon, just I'm not able to meet the deadline.

Yeah me too is everyone cool if we extend it one more week ?

Well,i think the best thing for a competition like this is to respect their deadline....they have changed it even longer in first week after the post just to be sure that every1 will have enough time to make something...
Lets say a running competition->is like moving the finish further when every1 is almost there...
I dont know what admins decision will be on this,but lazy and slow mappers needs to organize themselves more better.
I feel like there was enough time for anybody to make a 2 mins map in 49days...:/

FuZzy1 mapper30/07/2014 10:49

Ya, there was plenty time to build the map... Just work an extra hour before you go to sleep, and you will have enough time to finish it danger...

tenkae mapper30/07/2014 10:51

I think changing the deadline this late would be unfair to the mappers who worked hard/are still working hard to meet the given deadline.

dEMolite mapper30/07/2014 11:21

jaguarBR nice atmosphere, atm the best map so far designwise from the screenshots.

Well not everyone has your free time you know? Guess ill have to work harder the next few days, anyway gl to all

FuZzy1 mapper30/07/2014 13:08

Well i just submitted the map, so i can stop with the tweaking :) Hope i fixed everything...

tenkae mapper30/07/2014 20:51

Originally posted by FuZzy1
Well i just submitted the map, so i can stop with the tweaking :) Hope i fixed everything...


I might have to take the same advice.. map is 100% but I keep tinkering with it :P

PU9makerrecord holder03/08/2014 21:29

Hey guys,

Just wanted to remind you that Deadline is on 8th August. So make sure to submit your maps in time.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #204/08/2014 13:42

Hei guys, I'd appreciate your help!
I'm so confused about my map's name ... I don't want to use something random and boring like "cityandbuilding""city-escape" and god knows what.. I love names like that are a combination of two words(kzba_hountain(house+mountain)), or just unique ones (fof_32 - i still don't know what 32 means; cobkz_neon etc).
Any ideas?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FYjQfwo.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zsSouM1.jpg[/IMG]

random Tournament #304/08/2014 13:54

Originally posted by Cobrex
Hei guys, I'd appreciate your help!
I'm so confused about my map's name ... I don't want to use something random and boring like "cityandbuilding""city-escape" and god knows what.. I love names like that are a combination of two words(kzba_hountain(house+mountain)), or just unique ones (fof_32 - i still don't know what 32 means; cobkz_neon etc).
Any ideas?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FYjQfwo.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zsSouM1.jpg[/IMG]


Nice screens man)) always like your maps, and i think this one will be epic too, btw 32 means something magical, just read meaning of the 32 xd about map name i think its hard to tell, cuz we saw only few screens ;p but it looks like some hns map imo

perd0 mapper04/08/2014 13:58(edited 04/08/2014 14:00)

I think fof's 32 refers to size in units of each jump, not sure though.

Hmm, how about kz_district, kz_habitat, kz_settlement..

PU9makerrecord holder04/08/2014 14:07

Originally posted by perd0
I think fof's 32 refers to size in units of each jump, not sure though.

Hmm, how about kz_district, kz_habitat, kz_settlement..


cobkz_district sounds pretty cool for this map

perd0 mapper04/08/2014 14:13

And i dont see a reason why this map have to be cobkz and not kz (unless you want it that way), the layout look damn sweet and if the jumps are good then bingo :)

Cobrex mapper Tournament #204/08/2014 14:39

Well I'd love the kz_ tag, but how does that work in this contest? I send it with kz_ tag, just like that? And perd0, you really like it? The jumps are incredibly addictive, trust me! Every speed climber will love this map cuz the jumps are so different from eachother and it requires for you to break windows, climb ropes, boxes, fences, cars, blocks, palm trees, bridges, ladders, crawl spaces etc etc.
I did it in 2:50 with NAPZ spectating. He said it can be done in 2:40 with an incredible shNz type run :)

DISTRICT sounds nice enough tho ... I might use that if nobody will come with a better idea :)

ps: already 2 hours and I'm still fixing the fps drops + texture allignment n so on :) thnx guys

SadPuppy mapper04/08/2014 14:53

Add me on the advice list too. I am on my 25th version after I *stopped* working on the map and supposedly made my final compile...but noooo....gotta keep tinkering....and add stuff that won't fit so I have to remove it again....and then tinker some more.....gah....If this compile is good I should call it a map......

Keo mapper04/08/2014 15:13

cobkz_banlieue

hoLy mapper04/08/2014 18:21

Hey, is that still possible for me to upload a map? I have one map for the contest actually, but I just forgot to sign up... I swear I tought I did it, but apparently not.

Page 8 of 11

Please log in to post replies.