Delicate matters.

14/03/2007 09:07
Page 2 of 4
Volsfootball15/03/2007 01:00

People /start all the time just to see what the best time they can get on servers. If you make a mistake you don't always restart, but it depends on the type of person. Some people love to make perfect runs, some people don't get bothered if they miss one jump, others do. I restart a lot to get on the top15 because to say it simply, if i miss a jump, then im not goin to make the top15 since I'm a slow jumper.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #215/03/2007 01:17

Conservative's speechs who don't want to accept the fact that the kz are like everything: that evolves.
This evolution must be accepted, stop refusing progress!

But I think it's normal, that creates a debate especially because that totally breaks the myth T3dbundy and his 254...
The interest of the longjumps is to push back the limits, of going always further! Not to remain fixed on a technique and to be unaware of the others...

Accept the changes!


[ Edited Thu Mar 15 2007, 01:17AM ]

Volsfootball15/03/2007 04:51

W0rd.

clair mapper15/03/2007 06:38

the gap between newer jumpers and experienced ones is getting far too wide, its true. maybe some easier maps should be made also? or perhaps a map with a hard/easy button like whatchamacallit... kz_sk_proclimbing i believe?

rinkon mapper15/03/2007 06:39(edited 26/07/2015 11:39)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

NiconeN15/03/2007 08:19

I was too lazy to read all this shit, but I understand what are you talking about and I want share my thoughts too. First I want to admit that I read the whole post by soul|ftw, I'm not proud about that. (soul(L))

I got pretty much the same with soul when I started jumping about year and half ago. It was great fun just to try finish the maps no matter in what time. After like a month I found XJ and my motivation got huge motivationb00st, I was jumping like 4hrs per day =D (true n3rd, but soul|ftw is more nerdy!) then I talked with some pro's and my motivation got boosted again.

It was about 3 months period when kz was best to me and it was before the summer 2006. I got some ultimate fun by playing kz and finishing sandblock first time and doing 253 2weeks after t3d did it. Then after the summer my motivation to kz started decreasing down like thopa's small penis, I finished sandblock under 15mins etc, everything became too easy then t3d did 254 and I was like I have to pwn it too which I did after 1 week. But again then boring shit boring shit blablablablablabla... My point that maybe kz needs some new longjump/highjump techniques even they are retarded imo ;D and it's good to see some new pro's like Z0ck3rOO7 who growed up to the pro level in 3months.

But still in some point I agree that it's coming harder and harder for newbs to gain the pro level, when I started kz, you were pro if you could do 240, nowadays the "pro limit" is 250(?). And without even talking about the new maps =D =D =D which just S_U_C_K.

And about the future, I don't think it's in KZmod, you need uber computers to get 100fps and pro's are happy with their skill in 1.6 and I doubt they want to be newbs again. Imo the future is in LAN tournaments and stuff like that.

BoOLisH you were talking about me in your post? ^^

Don't take my post personally I'm just bitter wnb pro geek like Playg|silver- .

ichirou15/03/2007 10:54


Also...
It would be more boring, if the count technique doesn't get accepted, because it's nearly impossible to get better with normal LJ... maybe 255, but after that
-end-
and the CJ opens new ways for many jumpers, that's why i recommend to make an own divison "Count Jumps". The ppl (like tjub) can pwn more and get even better and the old records can persist...

BooLiSH


Are you sneaking in your own short for count jumping so other people will begin to use it? Busted! ^_^

OK Then, CJ it is!

And ye, about the topic; um, well i've got nothing to say at this point, I've read soul|ftw, NiconeNs and BoolisH replies and some others :)

Edit; Btw... the CJ jump will sneak into some wr's even if it doesn't get accepted as longjump in the lj thread.
[ Edited Thu Mar 15 2007, 10:59AM ]

BooLiSH15/03/2007 12:14

NiconeN do you mean this or something different??^^

Sure KZ becomes boring at a point of time and you play quite long so that'S maybe normal... you already achieved everthing: HJ and shared LJ WR, 2 nice records. Now thereS' a wall infront of you...

BooLiSH



lol ichi^^


WorD ndR :)



[ Edited Thu Mar 15 2007, 12:15PM ]

NiconeN15/03/2007 13:56

yea that one :P, not sure if you ment me but it matches for me, tho 254 is no longer lj wr and my recs aren't that nice.

BooLiSH15/03/2007 14:07

...and my recs aren't that nice.

NiconeN


bullshit^^ they are :P

hiGGe15/03/2007 14:41

to Volsfootball i was talking about NEWCOMERS not pro's.. i dont care if NiconeN uses /start 2million times.. but if some noob thinks he cant be accepted without megagood time it wont raise his motivation..

and to the wr's.. if only you see is that wr's is future in kz you are morrons.. you just cant keep doing better and better.. soon there will be wrs wich contains luck-bug sc's so no-one could beat them.. or maybe can with 1 sec after 6month recording so i dont get the point why ur so WRWRWRWRR WE NEEED MORE OF THEM WII!

im talking about tournaments.. they cant last 10years.. and there will be lots of winners.. and if you dont practise all the time you would drop from the top like a stone.. but in wr's you just luck 1 wr and then go to fidzi for 3years and your still owner of that wr because no-one cant do those luck-sc's.

Conservative's speechs who don't want to accept the fact that the kz are like everything: that evolves.
This evolution must be accepted, stop refusing progress!


i dont get you ndR.. who is saying kz should stay in what it was 2-3 years a go and not to evolve..? if your "evolving" is that people doing better and better wr's with more and more bugs then what you are saying is totally bullshit (in bugs there is also a limits someday there will be limit how fast you can do map with bugs)

and this wont happend today or tomorrow.. but in somewhere in the future.. maybe cunt-lj's and jumpbugs give more time to that but if valve wont create new bugs wich i doubt.. there isnt future to this scene..

myself what im trying to tell is that people who concenrate to wr's is a stupiest thing i know.. you should
start realise that tournaments and cups is the future if you still want to this scene to be grown.. and by cups i mean 32player or so wich last from friday to sunday.. no those stupid 8player cups...

and PLEASE no dotfuckers.. if you dont get what i say dont post.
(i have overreacted in some parts of my post, so what.. it's still wrong way where this scene is going)

BooLiSH15/03/2007 16:22

i try to imagine what would have happened if the count jump would have been discovered before the normal strafing technique.... maybe at then the ppl would accept it and don't make such a big thing...

but that doesn't matter, 'cause now we have two groups with two differnet opinions and i don't thing there will change something...^^

maybe faker can post what he thinks
not only as an admin, but as a player...

Scary Tournament #215/03/2007 16:37

I think people are able to become pro as fast as they always have been.

When Helferlein was at his best people used so many hours, days, weeks and months to become as good as him, because he was the best, you couldn't go for something better, you had to develop after his technique, which were very good back then, but very bad now. You can become better than him in 2-3 days today, and that is because of players like ndR, zhady, kimo, target, brian, z0ck3r and T3d. People are now able to see a much more developped style, which boost their training to a level where they gain skills much faster than they did in the past. It can only be true, because Helferlein used so long to become as good back then, where, now you can use as I said, 3-4 days.

I don't think that there is a long way between newcomers and pro's, I think the way have always been the same length and will always be, as the pros develop faster, the newcomers will develop faster.

And a last thing, I think KZ and strafejumping is getting much more known atm. I see normal CS players do strafejumping with great skills (Compared to what I thought ofcourse).

Btw. what is wrong with the way the evolvement is going? I think that things are juuuust fine ;)

thopa15/03/2007 18:08

How can some of you even bother to complain about that the gap between a newbie and a pro is too big and keeps expanding? A newbie should never have a slightest chance of beating a pro, and this statement touches every single sport i know. There is an answer why some people are professional. The answer is hard work and dedication. You don’t get anything for free in this world unless you try hard and go for your goals.

And what in the world differs me (rookie since almost 2½ years ago) and todays rookie?? Many of you say that the game as it is isnt newbie-welcoming because maps are too hard, records are too hard etc. I mean wtf? The range of maps is much better today, plugins are better. Newbs can use checkpoints, hook and all kinds of tools for practise. That was not a choice back in time. And upon that every single computer is better today so newbs of 2007 wont get the bad fps problems we had on some maps. And as for some WR's thats impossible to beat... Bad luck. You started out too late....

No community with thousands of practicians can escape the evolution, especially when there’s a large amount of extremely dedicated persons. And to draw some parallels you can do some historical research about every single sport we know, and you’ll find out that changes is inevitable and vital for things to last.
-
Back in 1960 the world record of 100 metres was 10.0 sec. Today the WR is 9.77 and newbie’s don’t even have a slightest chance of beating that record unless they practise extremely much, have talent, dedication and luck etc. Even back in time newbs didnt have a chance - but it was still easier for them since it was .23 seconds slower then.
-
Watch the progress of high jumping. Back in time the scissor style was the best until it got replaced by others and finally the Fosbury flop. The new styles were never “banned”, and everyone had to accept the change and use the new style - otherwise you wouldn’t have a chance.
-
Watch the progress of motor sports. Well you get the point.
-
Now watch the evolution of counterstrike climbing (-.-)
Edgebugs are "new", we jump longer, strafe better. Everything is better so why does some people even considering of ‘banning’ new techniques. The landing-bug should be accepted, and so should the Count-jump; at least start a new category in the LJ section because a Count-jump on a WR-run would be accepted and that fact is cut in stone...!

Oldschoolers: Just accept the changes we've met the last years. Ive been around almost 2½ years and I’m very open to everything that is new - except cheats(..) Use what we know when we continue into the future. Just build shortcut proof maps and many problems you twats are arguing about will be gone. Kreedz didn’t build 15min long maps so we can own them with some random game-bug, but wake up and realise that is the reality and we cant change it. And "pro's" back in time did record demos with sc's, but they didnt do the uber shortcuts because they didnt have the skill.

I also hope kzmod will turn out just great, and even if the pro's of CS 1.6 wont play it we will have new pro's: kzmod pro's.

And for CS 1.6: I agree with hiGGe (<3) and his thought about more tournaments and such. Im interested in knowing how all projects will move on and it would be very nice to see kz in cpl.


Today > Oldschool. And im not spitting the old times in the face. I just like the present time more, especially what we've learnt.


Edit: I think i earned about 10E writing this. Poor taxpayers. My moral is low.
;)



[ Edited Thu Mar 15 2007, 06:10PM ]

faker mapper15/03/2007 18:22

haha thopa, we "work" hard for our money huh? ;)

Anyway, awesome post, 100% agree and nothing to add.

Actually I could add some facts, but you will get to know about the facts early enough - in a news post (!).

Even tho I have to agree with soul/maxeh/higge/thopa about the tournaments/cups, im 100% certain that most of the world records will never "stop" being beaten by better players/newcomers (with new techniques).
Don't forget that there a new maps as well and none of the pros stays here forever (T3dBundy, one of the old legends, is inactive nowfor example, and other legends demos such as FikoN's records and a0ke's records are almost gone now).

Time changes and things move on, nothing bad about that.

Just keep in mind... kz_ maps are not EVEN a Mod, just maps for a popular MOD(!). We are 35.000 members and probably everyone of us has spend a lot of time with them, probably 100x more time than with a commercial game that can be bought in a store.

That's pretty amazing, isn't it?

cheers

[ Edited Thu Mar 15 2007, 06:25PM ]

Scary Tournament #215/03/2007 18:22

Cool answer thopa. I really agree

iv4n15/03/2007 18:47

the evolution and constant change is the best part of the life... :x

insen mapper15/03/2007 18:53

niko the fps in kzmod are the same as in 1.6 or even a bit better

faker mapper15/03/2007 19:04

niko the fps in kzmod are the same as in 1.6 or even a bit better

InseN


Sometimes I really can't understand why you are talking so much BS...

The fps in kzmod are good, compared to normal hl2, but not even half as good as in CS because CS is an old engine (HL1) and kzmod is based on the new engine (HL2).

However... KZMod is still playable on my 4 years old computer (3ghz, gf 6800 ultra, 1024 mb RAM) and that's cool imo :)

Scary Tournament #215/03/2007 19:32

Fuck you faker! That computer isn't old!! Mine is 2.4 p4, 9600 radeon pro :( That suuuuuucks :(

Page 2 of 4

Please log in to post replies.