lj skills go down...

Started by NumB
25/06/2007 04:10
Page 1 of 4
NumB25/06/2007 04:10

Didn't anyone had the story: for example: in weeks, evry single day you eazyly jump 240-246, then one day you woke up and you can't get 235 nomather how hard you try... :o ? This just heppend to me, but my skills aren't getting back for over 4 days now... I'm starting to get waried. What shold I do? :confused:

Bibo25/06/2007 04:21

same things happening to me atm, i cant get 252 anymore, but i just got 244 bhop -_- somethings gone, something else comes

CrazZzed25/06/2007 04:25

yea hapens to me as well usually when i get worse at ljs i get good at bhops

Murvelman25/06/2007 04:26

I switch strafestyles all the time, so if one thing doesn't work i try something else...

SUBLIME25/06/2007 04:46

i just straight up suck now. i went from 248 to about 235. i got 240 ONCE today for the first time in weeks

NumB25/06/2007 05:28

So now i need to get my skills from the start all over again or will they come back?

Bibo25/06/2007 05:31

when you will loose your bhop skills theyll come back

NumB25/06/2007 06:12

strange, but my bhop skills didn't went higher, i just started feeling speed more better. :P

========

hmm, you were right. i complited xtremedesert in 8 minutes with cps (skipping 240 lj) (thats wery good for me).

[ Edited 06/25/07 - 07:51:36 ]

puppetz mapper25/06/2007 07:45

Sure they will come back somehow, you are not alone about this, I also had that problem many times. Not lately , though. I even switched from left to right pre-strafer several times, sometimes I was awesome with left, and coulden't make like even 230 with right, and so on. But try a lot of things, something has got more skills, like Bibo says.

NumB25/06/2007 07:54

What was your default time in between losing and and getting back lj skills, guys?

-Cast0rrrrr-25/06/2007 09:54

2 weeks for me

Starz25/06/2007 11:41

THIS STUFF IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD. O come on surely you guys cant believe all this bull****. Its just because you think you are getting worse, that you are getting worse. Its all psychologie. Just dont think about it, dont play lj maps just regular maps and have fun. When you least expect it (when you are not thinking about your skills) they will "come back".

And no your bhop skills dont automatically become better when you "lose" your lj skill. NumB either that is a coincidence or you wanted it to match up with what other people, that you have respect for, said (<-thats my guess).

There have been threads like this before and it still surprises me that some people are so oblivious for the fact that its all mental.
[ Edited 06/25/07 - 11:43:15 ]

Dragon25/06/2007 11:55

same thing happened to me one year ago (and still keeps happening.) I started to train longjumps more often, and everyday I improved my record by 1 unit, ending at 246 (which is still my maximum). then I went to holiday for maybe one week, came back, and couldn't do 240. since then, my lj skills were up and down. a week ago, I did 240-245 in maybe 5 minutes with circle strafes. the next day morning(!) I tried to do the same with EXACTLY the same technique, I did everything like the day before, and I hardly made 239. no consistency at all.

stask0 Tournament #225/06/2007 13:23

b4 one week i was jumping 240-247 with no problem and now i can do more than 240 :F i did 242 bhop :D but ... lj skills gone :E

NumB25/06/2007 13:30

I had looked at my demos before and now. I figured out the problem. 5 days ago i did 5-8 perfect strafes in lj with no problem, now i can't do more then 3 strafes. But I sill don't understand why this is happining...

Starz25/06/2007 13:55

Did you even look at my post numb..

NumB25/06/2007 14:05

Oh, ok. Maybe you are right. =)

puppetz mapper25/06/2007 14:33

It's NOT a psychological thing. It's just simply us humans that are random.

liquidi25/06/2007 14:50

It most of the time isn't psychological, you can certainly notice when your skills have gone down. Most often this happens to me when I try a slightly different technique and I find it works better than normal, but the next day I try the same thing and can't do a shit. But when I get those lj skills back they are usually better than ever before.

sbzvln Tournament #225/06/2007 15:03

same :D

Page 1 of 4

Please log in to post replies.