lj skills go down...

Started by NumB
25/06/2007 04:10
Page 2 of 4
Murvelman25/06/2007 15:03

It's NOT a psychological thing. It's just simply us humans that are random.

PuppetZ^

We are random because of our psyche...

It most of the time isn't psychological, you can certainly notice when your skills have gone down. Most often this happens to me when I try a slightly different technique and I find it works better than normal, but the next day I try the same thing and can't do a shit. But when I get those lj skills back they are usually better than ever before.

liquidi

If you manage to do 248 one day, then use the exact same technique you will do 248 again.
The game doesn't change, our body doesn't change(well, i know it does but you get the point).
It's all in our head, we may think we do it the same way as before but that's just not true, our brain is too random.
You have to practice the same thing over and over again to make it stick in your head, and without repitition it goes away.



[ Edited 06/28/07 - 13:24:43 ]

Mr.Jumper25/06/2007 15:15

i geeked some days count jumps and made with amx a 253cj and some 250cj and now i cant even make 243+ ljs :D before i geeked cj i made 246+248ljs :D

liquidi25/06/2007 15:20

Yes.. that was sort of the point of my post, getting constantly accustomed to new and better techniques. But this isn't really random to me, I usually purposely try something different... But then again sometimes it just "happens" :rolleyes:

Fact or Fiction25/06/2007 15:22

after I did 255cj I got that prob. I was jumping on 245hj and though wtf, what happened? Then I changed my strafing style and skills back.

oRioN25/06/2007 16:46

OK
hello i aint hov i just know what i know
today tomorrow eatin crystals like pro thats the snow that i know
to hit the top flow when im on my fat show
im runnin on full strength still pushin still feelin like im too slow
no! im never ridin low im high in them party hills
and now everybody feels that my ill skills really kills
and i know how the game with the money feels
peeps yellin when im cracking all around in here, i gotta pound in here
kick downs in here and crew of big sound in here
man on the killing spree all my friends go film it
when im gonna hit it split it kill it
yo and so and so so u better wont be my foe and if yo want come on and yo already know
that i cant_chat im mr mortal combat i have my own fat video i make the city glow
power over the red line my brain gonna pretty blow
i do not strafe no more im real with my core with flover power and gore
its like a gravity pushing chicks to the floor
and this is the reality on that goes fatality
I took adrenaline pump and pumped out mine fine 2 and 49 jump
when I was already inactive for long time so
hello im CEO lay low my brain blow its all about the fucking thing - u r king u know?
OK

Fliborecord holder Tournament #225/06/2007 16:57

LJ is a bitch.

dea7hr0w25/06/2007 17:45

damn it's happening 2 me. A mounth ago 1 jumped 250 from the ~15 try now i cant hit 240 :( i think my stafe style has changed i hope it's getting back i wanna do lj :x

DRUNKEN MASTER25/06/2007 18:12

this stuff called low phase ^^

NumB25/06/2007 18:32

after I did 255cj I got that prob. I was jumping on 245hj and though wtf, what happened? Then I changed my strafing style and skills back.

Fact or Fiction


My last good lj was untill i tryed cyrclestrafe... :D If i'll get my skills back - I'll NEVER change strafe tehnic from simplestrafe.

Starz25/06/2007 18:37

Murvel seems like you and I are on the same page.

And puppetz it deffo is, if someone has one off day and he compares it to a goodday, his motivation will go down he'll get dissapointed and therefor he gets worse results.

NumB25/06/2007 18:42

P.S. I didn't had a day off maybe for over 3 weeks, but it happened to me nomather what... :D
[ Edited 06/25/07 - 18:47:22 ]

colix mapper25/06/2007 18:55

i always pwn my ljrec after i had the same prob ... but one day i get up with über lj skills! then i pwn my old ljrec and everyone is happy ;)

Thedy25/06/2007 19:52

imo that happend cos the way you pick your mouse. and a little of psychologie like someone said. and maybe cos the wheater etc etc.

puppetz mapper25/06/2007 19:54

...and maybe cos the wheater etc etc.

Thedy

Explain that
:o

Thedy25/06/2007 20:04

if its a rainy day your hands maybe could be more weird than if its a sunny day, for example

puppetz mapper25/06/2007 20:08

Doubt it :D

Thedy25/06/2007 20:14

what do you want to mean whit "doubt it"?

soul v2.0 mapper25/06/2007 21:39

I haven't been able to lj as I would like to for 6 months because one day I just couldn't time the strafes correctly, then you start practising a wrong strafe style and it's up to you to remember how the hell you did the longjumps the day before to aid you up the long uphill struggle to longjump success!

Or just play normal maps.

btw, this stuff happens to people in sport too, it's called "form"

It's also a matter of confidence...if you're struggling with your technique, you're far more likely to fail at it. Just stay calm and stop worrying and play a bit and the skills will return! (unless you're me :mad:)
[ Edited 06/25/07 - 21:42:11 ]

dea7hr0w25/06/2007 21:48

soul|ftw thats true gj. when do i recover my form? i practise lj almost every day ~1 hour and dont get the lj record from before.Just wanna kill my self :(

stask0 Tournament #225/06/2007 21:52

hmmm for 2nd way my lj skill's gone when it was 1st time i change the prestrafe from left to right and i did 250 with right prestrafe then a monts ago my lj skills gone again :F and now i cant do more than 240 with right prestrafe :F but i believe that one day the lj skills will come back xD :P

Page 2 of 4

Please log in to post replies.