New hj technique ?

Started by Pulsar!
16/10/2007 17:13
Page 2 of 10
Fact or Fiction16/10/2007 21:12

gimme demo with 236+hj and I'll beleave (:

Pulsar!16/10/2007 21:30

I haven't CS.. made it urself.. :D

y i r i16/10/2007 22:11

[blockquote]BooLiSH wrote: ...
yes but the edgefriction is around you also on the right/left side of you, not only in front :/ [/blockquote]

U R absolutely wrong..its only in front of your direction of move..
I think it works, maybe you will not get the perfect pre but 270 is possible.. here si demo of 220 hj
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hb2poh
its bit strange that I jumped 220hj with 228 stats...
PS: Im n00b :P

bakeLit16/10/2007 22:17

Yiri haxxes this technique :)

Pulsar!16/10/2007 22:20


its bit strange that I jumped 220hj with 228 stats...
PS: Im n00b :P

Yiri


Yeyeye.. :D It means it works cause 228-220=8, 8<12 or 13.. U tricked the edgefriction area ! Gratz <3

y i r i16/10/2007 22:24

and that was single strafe :D I think 241 will be beaten ;) (not by me ofc!)

Pulsar!16/10/2007 22:34

Hope so <3

st0ka16/10/2007 23:03

strange shit... gonna try it ;]

Fact or Fiction16/10/2007 23:18

actually edgefriction slows down your speed to ~208units/s.

fuzzerd16/10/2007 23:21

I think its possible to push through the edgefriction to do a 220 longjump. but probably not 228. (you'll only have like 260 prestrafe tops though).
P.S. I used to try this technique for highjumps but it didn't work.

DevAstatoR16/10/2007 23:21

like very old

PopiT16/10/2007 23:25

I tried this and it felt easier..

I don't know if the ljstats plugin proves anything, but i got this on a 230 HJ

"Distance: 243.714263 MaxSpeed: 319.641967 PreStrafe: 268.256164 Strafes: 5 Sync: 7"


The stats probebly prooves nothing but if you want i can record how i jumped (Didn't record the 230 HJ >.<).
[ Edited 10/16/07 - 23:26:34 ]

Pulsar!16/10/2007 23:28

like very old

DevAstatoR

Never saw it on forum/guides/articles..

FoF, but Yiri did hj with 228 stats and 1 strafe pushing throught edgefriction..

Pulsar!16/10/2007 23:36


I don't know if the ljstats plugin proves anything, but i got this on a 230 HJ

"Distance: 243.714263 MaxSpeed: 319.641967 PreStrafe: 268.256164 Strafes: 5 Sync: 7"

popit


Nice, but it is bad example, 243-230=13 this 13 units may be a lenght_from_the_jump_off_to_the_edge.. Try it on 233 or 235 block, if ur total_jump_lenght - highjump_block_distance will be less than 12-13 u may say that u tricked the edgefriction area 100%.

[ Edited 10/16/07 - 23:42:30 ]

BooLiSH16/10/2007 23:36

I tried this and it felt easier..

I don't know if the ljstats plugin proves anything, but i got this on a 230 HJ

"Distance: 243.714263 MaxSpeed: 319.641967 PreStrafe: 268.256164 Strafes: 5 Sync: 7"


The stats probebly prooves nothing but if you want i can record how i jumped (Didn't record the 230 HJ >.<).

popit


would be nice to see 230 that way :)


Volsfootball16/10/2007 23:37

I dont know bro, i think if you enter the 12-13 unit zone from the edge, your person will get edgefriction. It might work might not, nice theory though

BooLiSH16/10/2007 23:44

i think yiri's jump proved that it somehow works...the only question if this technique is really learnable / useable :P


[ Edited 10/16/07 - 23:44:24 ]

Pulsar!16/10/2007 23:49

i think yiri's jump proved that it somehow works...the only question if this technique is really learnable / useable :P

BooLiSH

ye, but may be yiri pushed it throught edgefriction, or 228 with edgefriction is impossible ? So let's w8 a bit longer jump, i want to be sure..

LOLLY mapper17/10/2007 00:06

Do you mean like this? I did 230 with it, I'll try it again.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dj2xvg

Pulsar!17/10/2007 00:11

I can't to watch ur demo, sorry. Can u post what total jump lenght was ?

Page 2 of 10

Please log in to post replies.